Additional Persecution News from China – February 17, 2011 (7 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in six cities or counties in five provinces.
- [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Ms. Wei Lirui and Others Detained at Shijiazhuang 2nd Detention Center
- [Yutan County, Hebei Province] Mr. Huang Kejun and Ms. Zhang Haiyan Held at Yutan Detention Center
- [Jilin Province] Elderly Practitioner Ms. Sui Fuxue is Seriously Ill in Jilin Prison
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Yingjun Sentenced to Five-Year Prison Term
- [Dongning County, Heilongjiang Province] Police Harass Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Yantai, Shandong Province] Mr. Guo Yongsong Arrested
- [Xishan, Jiangsu Province] Police Officers Arrest Mr. Wang Liwei and Two Other Practitioners
1. [Shijiazhuang, Hebei Province] Ms. Wei Lirui and Others Detained at Shijiazhuang 2nd Detention Center
Practitioner Mr. Zhou Yaogang, an employee of Hebei Provincial Chinese Communist Party School, was arrested on December 8, 2010 by police officers from Beizhan Police Station and Xinhua District 610 Office in Shijiazhuang. His wife Ms. Wei Lirui, who works at Qiaoxi District Tax Bureau in Shijiazhuang; Ms. Xi Shujun; and Ms. Yin Jinru were arrested by the Hebei Provincial 610 Office on December 21.
Mr. Zhou Yaogang was released and is back home. Ms. Wei Lirui, Ms. Yin Jinru and Ms. Xi Shujun are still being held at Shijiazhuang 2nd Detention Center.
Feng Jian, head of the Beizhan Police Station in Xinhua
Liu Haojie, deputy director of Shijiazhuang 610 Office: 86-311-87837066
Kang Yunliang, chief of the Shijiazhuang Police Department at Xinhua Branch: 86-311-85188001, 86-13803361000, 86-311-86129182
2. [Yutan County, Hebei Province] Mr. Huang Kejun and Ms. Zhang Haiyan Held at Yutan Detention Center
Police officer Wang Guangren and others from the Domestic Security Division arrested Mr. Huang Kejun and Ms. Zhang Haiyan from Huangtuqiao Village in Yutan County in November 2010. Mr. Huang and Ms. Zhang are currently being held at Yutan Detention Center.
3. [Jilin Province] Elderly Practitioner Ms. Sui Fuxue is Seriously Ill in Jilin Prison
Ms. Sui Fuxue, 78, is imprisoned at the 11th area of Jilin Prison. Recently, she became seriously ill, and was sent to Jilin No. 465 Hospital on February 12, 2011.
4. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Li Yingjun Sentenced to Five-Year Prison Term
Ms. Li Yingjun, 68, is a practitioner from Keshan Farm. Police arrested her and ransacked her home. The Qiqihar Agriculture Development Court illegally sentenced her to a five-year prison term. Ms. Li was taken to Harbin First Women's Prison on the morning of February 15, 2011. Ms. Li's blood pressure is reported to have risen to 200 mm Hg.
Phone number of the police officer at Keshan Farm who arrested Ms. Li: 86-13054304012
5. [Dongning County, Heilongjiang Province] Police Harass Falun Gong Practitioners
On the morning of February 16, 2011, police officer Han Zhenming from the First Police Station and Lin Xiaowei, along with others from Dongning County Law and Judiciary Section, went to practitioner Ms. Zhao Fengmei's home. They confiscated a copy of Minghui Weekly and CDs found in her home. On the same day they ransacked Mr. Han Lintao's home.
6. [Yantai, Shandong Province] Mr. Guo Yongsong Arrested
Police officers from Development District 610 Office in Yantai arrested Mr. Guo Yongsong, who is in his 60s, on the evening of February 13, 2011.
7. [Xishan, Jiangsu Province] Police Officers Arrest Mr. Wang Liwei and Two Other Practitioners
Police officers arrested practitioner Mr. Wang Liwei from Zhangjing Town on February 12, 2011. On the next day, Ms. Zhang Meiju from the nearby area was also arrested. Another practitioner, Ms. Wang Xufang from Gangxia Town, was arrested that evening.