Name: Liu Sulan (刘素兰)
Gender: Female
Age: unknown
Address: Shenbei New District (used to be called Xinchengzi District), Shenyang
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 29, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shenyang Detention Center (沈阳市看守所)
City: Shenyang
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: home ransacked, detention

( Around 2:00 p.m. on September 29, 2010, Ms. Liu Sulan from Shenbei New District and Ms. Wang Min, a teacher at the Shenbei New District Third Elementary School, told a taxi driver about the goodness of Falun Dafa and about the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP's) persecution of it. They were reported and illegally arrested by officers from Shenbei New District and Xinchengzi Street Police Station.

The police officers ransacked their homes and stole their personal property. Ms. Liu and Ms. Wang were interrogated at the Xinchengzi Street Police Station and then moved to Shenyang Detention Center.

After Ms. Liu Sulan was held at the Shenyang Detention Center for three months, the Shenbei New District Procuratorate issued an arrest warrant for her. Her case is being handled by the Shenbei New District Procuratorate. Its Prosecution Division is working on fabricating charges against her.

Shenyang Detention Center refused to accept Ms. Wang due to her poor health. The police then tried to take her to Zhangshi Brainwashing Center in Shenyang, but the brainwashing center also refused to accept her.

Ms. Wang was released, but the Shenbei New District 610 Office sent people to monitor her at home and also colluded with the Xinchengzi Street Police Station to continue persecuting her. Han Xianjun, head of the police station, and policeman Cao Diankun go to Ms. Wang's home frequently to harass her and pressure her psychologically.

Ms. Wang Min was previously arrested on June 14, 2001 by policemen Yao and Tao Dejun from Hutai Police Station in Shenyang. At that time, they detained her at the Shenbei New District National Security team. They ransacked her home and stole some of her personal belongings. Police brutally kicked and beat her at the Xinchengzi Street Police Station, and her mouth was full of blood. Then they handcuffed and chained her to an iron bed. She was later taken to Shenyang Detention Center and beaten there, too.

Ms. Wang was sentenced to five years in prison in early 2002 and put into Dabei Prison in Shenyang. She was forced to do manual labor making clothes at the prison. She had to work for more than twelve hours each day, and sometimes until the next morning. When she refused to recite the prison regulations, the guards surrounded her with several inmates who recited the prison regulations to her. One time, she was caught reading an article by Falun Dafa's founder. The guards shocked her with electric batons for a whole morning. Then they put her into a solitary confinement cell and forced her to squat for nine days. During that time, they only gave her one piece of bread and two pickles for each meal. The prolonged, intensive forced labor and psychological pressure made Ms. Wang severely sick, and her breasts developed lumps the size of chickpeas.

After Ms. Wang was sentenced, her school fired her under pressure from the CCP and stopped paying her salary. When she was released from prison five years later, she returned home and found that there was a job for her, but the CCP still wouldn't leave her alone. The police and staff at the residential committee frequently visit her to harass and threaten her. This intense psychological torture and huge pressure has caused her health to continue to deteriorate.