Additional Persecution News from China – January 6, 2011 (20 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 17 cities or counties in 11 provinces. In this report, 31 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least eight practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Jishui, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Wu Tuanlian and Ms. Zhou Ping Sentenced to One Year Forced Labor
- [Jilin Province] Detained Practitioners from the Bajiazi Area
- [Qianan, Hebei Province] Ms. Jiang Yuping Sentenced to Two Years Forced Labor
- [Changzhi, Shanxi Province] Ms. Yuan Ping Persecuted
- [Suiling County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guan Shubo and Mr. Li Kai Arrested
- [Xingcheng, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Shuang Arrested
- [Benxi, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xiang Fuyan on Trial
- [Yongqing County, Hebei Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
- [Zhangqiu, Shandong Province] Ms. Yang Hongyun Persecuted
- [Zunhua, Hebei Province] Mr. Yin Pu's Home Ransacked
- [Zunhua, Hebei Province] Ms. Huo Fengrong Passed Away
- [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xie Changxiu Detained in a Brainwashing Center
- [Luan County, Hebei Province] Ms. Jia Xiulan and Ms. Wang Cuiying Arrested
- [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Mr. Ye Yandong Sentenced to Two Years Forced Labor
- [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Xiuhong's Home Ransacked
- [Jinzhou, Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Jinzhou Arrested and His Whereabouts Unknown
- [Ningbo, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Yu Yongyuan Detained at the Ningbo City Detention Center
- [Shenzhen, Guangdong Province] Mr. Shao Yaxu Arrested
- [Hulin, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ba Lihua and Others Persecuted
- [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Mr. Shen Yufeng and Mr. Chen Zhanguo's Whereabouts Unknown
1. [Jishui, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Wu Tuanlian and Ms. Zhou Ping Sentenced to One Year Forced Labor
Police officers from the local domestic security division arrested Ms. Wu Tuanlian and Ms. Zhou Ping on the morning of November 26, 2010, and took them to the Shiliwan Detention Center. A month later they were sentenced to one year of forced labor and transferred to Nanchang Women's Forced Labor Camp.
2. [Jilin Province] Detained Practitioners from the Bajiazi Area
Eight practitioners from the Yanbianzhou and Bajiazi Areas are currently being incarcerated in prisons, forced labor camps, and detention centers. Mr. Liu Jun and Ms. Zhong Weijun were sentenced to four and a half years, and Ms. Panng Fengxian to three and a half years. Ms. Li Longchun and Ms. Wang Weiping have been detained at the Helong Detention Center for a prolonged time. Ms. Liu Yubao, Ms. Li Yinghua, and Ms. Wang Yanchun are in forced labor camps.
Ms. Wang Yanchun refused to be “transformed” while in the Yadong Dan Brainwashing Center in June 2010 and was transferred to the Changchun Brainwashing Center. After she was released, police officer Wang Jiahui and others from the Bajiazi Domestic Security Division arrested her again.
Zhao Zhikui and others went to Ms. Wu Jiying's home on November 12, 2010, and ransacked it. They attempted to take Ms. Wu to the Yanji Brainwashing Center. Currently, they are harassing practitioners at their homes and are trying to force them to write the three statements and Thought Reports.
Li Fu, chief of the Forestry Industry Bureau at Bajiazi:
86-433-4860686, 86-433-2859868, 86-13844379868
Zhao Jin from the Politics and Law Committee: 86-433-4861020, 86-433-4861106, 86-13844715538
Zhang Wenxin, director of the 610 Office: 86-433-4864950, 86-433-4861157, 86-13904468697
Zhao Zhikui, captain of the Domestic Security Division: 86-433-4867031, 86-433-4867025, 86-13009082951
3.[Qianan, Hebei Province] Ms. Jiang Yuping Sentenced to Two Years Forced Labor
Ms. Jiang Yuping is being held in Qianan City's Detention Center.
4. [Changzhi, Shanxi Province] Ms. Yuan Ping Persecuted
Ms. Yuan Ping from a suburb of Changzhi City has been under constant surveillance during the past ten years. Around sensitive days, Ms. Yuan Ping and her family are harassed. Ms. Yuan's child has also been bullied and humiliated in school.
5. [Suiling County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Guan Shubo and Mr. Li Kai Arrested
Guo Xudong, captain of Suiling County Police Bureau, and Liu Wanbao used the excuse of “having a talk” to arrest Mr. Guan Shubo and Mr. Li Kai on December 30, 2010, and detained them in Suiling County's Detention Center.
Guo Xudong, captain of the Domestic Security Division of Suiling
Liu Wanbao from the Domestic Security Division of Suiling County: 86-15645547788
6. [Xingcheng, Liaoning Province] Mr. Wang Shuang Arrested
Officers from the Xingcheng Domestic Security Division and Hongyazixiang Police Station arrested Mr. Wang Shuang on the morning of January 5, 2011, and took him to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp for a two-year term.
7. [Benxi, Liaoning Province] Mr. Xiang Fuyan on Trial
The court: 86-414-2885608
8. [Yongqing County, Hebei Province] Several Practitioners Arrested
Police officer Zhang Haipeng, from the Domestic Security Division in Yongqing County and other officers went to Ms. Liu Fengling's home in Erxinzhuang Village in Liujiexiang on the morningof December 21, 2010. They arrested Ms. Liu and took her to the Liujiexiang Police Station. They also extorted 20,000 yuan from her family.
On the same day, the officers arrested Ms. Wu Junying from Qutou Village and Mr. Jia Yongchen from Caimuying Village. They extorted 20,000 yuan from Ms. Wu and 5,000 yuan from Mr. Jia.
A group of officers from the Yongqing County's Police Station broke into Ms. Wang Xiuhua's home at around 2:00 p.m. on December 26. When they took Ms. Wang, who is in her 50s, to their police car, she tried to resist the illegal arrest. During the struggle, the officers stripped ofd her shirt, held her down on the cement, and then manhandled her into the car. Ms. Wang's son and daughter-in-law tried to stop the police's brutality. The police held her son down and hit him until his mouth bled. The police also confiscated Ms. Wang's Falun Gong books.
9. [Zhangqiu, Shandong Province] Ms. Yang Hongyun Persecuted
Ms. Yang Hongyun, who is 38 years old, manages a black porcelain business on Longshan Street in Longshan Town. Yu Baoqian from the Domestic Security Division in Zhangqiu City and officers from the Longshan Police Station broke into Ms. Yang's store, arrested her, and took her to the police station. Ms. Yang was detained at the Zhangqiu Detention House for 15 days. She was later sentenced to one year and nine months of forced labor and escorted to the Shandong Provincial First Women's Forced Labor Camp. This is the third time Ms. Yang has been imprisoned since July 20, 1999.
Back in November of 1999, Ms. Yang and several other practitioners did the Falun Gong exercises in a public area in Longshan Town, were consequently arrested by officers from the Longshan Police Station, and detained in the Zhangqiu Detention Center for a month.
Ms. Yang went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong on October 1, 2000. She was arrested and taken to the Shandong Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp (Wangcun Forced Labor Camp). While incarcerated, Ms. Yang was deprived of sleep for seven straight days.
Han Ge, head of the Longshan Town Police Station:
Kang Gang, deputy head of the Longshan Town Police Station: 86-13853138292
Zuo Xiuyun, captain of the Zhangqiu City's Domestic Security Division: 86-531-85087055, 86-531-83326389, 86-13361081670
Yu Baoqian, deputy captain of the Zhangqiu City's Domestic Security Division: 86-531-83231708, 86-13176019208
10. [Zunhua, Hebei Province] Mr. Yin Pu's Home Ransacked
Li Dejun from the Xiliu Village Politics and Law Committee and officers from the local police station broke into Mr. Yin Pu's home on the morning of December 27, 2010, and confiscated Falun Gong books and a portrait of its founder, Mr. Li Hongzhi.
11. [Zunhua, Hebei Province] Ms. Huo Fengrong Passed Away
Ms. Huo Fengrong passed away on March 10, 2010. Ms. Huo formerly worked for the Zunhua Agriculture Bureau. After the CCP started the persecution of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Ms. Huo was repeatedly subjected to financial persecution. She was arrested and taken to a brainwashing center in 2002 and 3,000 yuan was extorted from her.
In March 2003, Ms. Huo was fined 2,000 yuan. In 2004, she was reported to the authorities when she was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. She was arrested and taken to the Zunhua Detention Center. More than a month later, she was transferred to the Tangshan Forced Labor Camp. She failed the physical examination and was sent back home, but the authorities extorted 5,000 yuan from her.
In 2007, the police broke into Ms. Huo's home because they had found out that practitioners went to her home to study the Fa. They broke the windows and doors, then took Ms. Huo to a detention center and detained her for more than a month. During that period, she showed symptoms of high blood pressure and had headaches. She was then transferred to a brainwashing center. Several weeks later, 10,000 yuan was extorted from her and she was released.
12. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xie Changxiu Detained in a Brainwashing Center
610 Office agents in the towns Pengzhou and Mengyang and officials from the Political and Law Committee arrested Ms. Xie Changxiu, who is in her 60s, and took her to the Sanshengsi Brainwashing Center in Guihua Town. More then three months later, on December 31, 2010, she was transferred to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center.
13. [Luan County, Hebei Province] Ms. Jia Xiulan and Ms. Wang Cuiying Arrested
Ms. Jia Xiulan (in her 60s) and Ms. Wang Cuiying (in her 70s) from Youzha Town in Luan County went to Mafang Village to distribute truth clarification calendars on December 28, 2010. They were reported to the authorities. At around 10:00 a.m., Youzha Police Station officers arrested and detained them in Luan County Detention Center. The police ransacked their homes that same day.
Youzha Police Station: 86-315-7567110
Liu Shuqing, the head of the First Section in Luan County's Police Bureau: 86-13832989076
Luan County Detention Center: 86-315-7123302
14. [Shenyang, Liaoning Province] Mr. Ye Yandong Sentenced to Two Years Forced Labor
Mr. Ye Yandong's family received a notification from the Tieling Police Bureau's Hongqi Branch on January 5, 2011. They were told that Mr. Ye was sentenced to two years forced labor and had been transferred from Tieling City Detention Center to the Benxi Forced Labor Camp.
Mr. Ye was arrested and taken to the Tieling Police Bureau's Hongqi Branch on December 23, 2010. The next day, the authorities told his family that he would be detained for 15 days. On the 13th day, they took Mr. Ye to the Benxi Forced Labor Camp.
15. [Laishui County, Hebei Province] Ms. Liu Xiuhong's Home Ransacked
Seven to eight people claiming they were from the police bureau went to Ms. Liu's home on January 5, 2011, when Ms. Liu's daughter was home alone. They ransacked the place and confiscated Falun Gong books. They questioned the child whether her parents still practiced Falun Gong and made a video recording of the home and the girl. They forced her to sign the list of confiscated items and took her fingerprints. The police threatened her before they left.
16. [Jinzhou, Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Jinzhou Arrested and His Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Zhang Jinzhou from Jinzhou and Mr. Peng Liang from Wuhan were arrested early on the morning of December 23, 2010. Mr. Peng was detained for 15 days in the Jinghe Detention Center. Fifteen days later, her was transferred to the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center in the Wuchang Area. He was deprived of sleep for several days. His current whereabouts is unknown.
17. [Ningbo, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Yu Yongyuan Detained at the Ningbo City Detention Center
18. [Shenzhen, Guangdong Province] Mr. Shao Yaxu Arrested
Mr. Shao Yaxu is a senior engineer at the Jiatai Medicine Company in Shenzhen. He was arrested on the morning of December 21, 2010.
19. [Hulin, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Ba Lihua and Others Persecuted
On January 2, 2011, practitioners from Hulin City Ms. Ba Lihua, Mr. Zhang Shujun, Mr. Li Dongren, Ms. Chen Guiying, and Mr. Bao Zhongxian went to the Dumuhe Forestry Farm to sell Lunar New Year couplets and told people the facts about Falun Gong at the same time. Dumuhe Forestry Police Station officers arrested them and detained them in the Dongfanghong Forestry Police Bureau.
On January 3, officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Dongfanghong Forestry Police Bureau collaborated with officers from the Hutou Police Station and ransacked the homes of Mr. Li Dongren and Ms. Ba Lihua. Ms. Ba's computer was confiscated.
While in detention, Ms. Ba frequently became unconscious. Ms. Wu Yulian is unable to take in any food. Mr. Li Dongren is locked in a solitary cell.
Dumuhe Forestry Police Station: 86-467-5932110
Dongfanghong Forestry Police Bureau: 86-467-5924744, 86-467-5912246
20. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Mr. Shen Yufeng and Mr. Chen Zhanguo's Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Shen Yufeng from Jiangsu and Mr. Chen Zhanguo from Inner Mongolia were arrested in the Jiangsu Province in 2002. Sources said they were sentenced to eight years of imprisonment. They should have been released by now, but their whereabouts are unknown.