The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has been persecuting Falun Gong practitioners for 12 years. The Chinese Communist Party established the 610 Office to carry out its persecution of Falun Gong, and organized public security, procuratorate, court, department of justice, army, police and community administrations to flagrantly violate the law and follow its dictates in repressing Falun Gong. 66 cases of persecution in Gansu Province were reported in 2010. This includes, of course, only reports that have been able to break through the CCP's information blockade to reach the outside world. Below is a summary of these reports from the Minghui website, presented in chronological order:

1. Ms. Xue Guixiang, about 60 years old, lives in the family housing of Institute 510 on Nanchang Road, Lanzhou City. On January 1, 2010, she was arrested while she was distributing Falun Gong materials in the Lanzhou Police Department family housing area. Her whereabouts are unknown. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/2/2/114323.html)

2. On the afternoon of January 5, 2010, Ms. Xu of Lanzhou City, around 70 years old, was arrested when she was clarifying the truth near Yantan Park, and she is detained in Yanxi Police Station. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/2/9/114523.html)

3. Ms. Liu Huiying, Ms. Yang Sufang and Ms. Wang Yuqin from Jiuquan City were arrested as they spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution on January 6, 2010. Their homes were ransacked. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/1/18/113990.html)

4. Ms. Zhang Xiumei, 50, from Qingyang City was reported to the police on January 11, 2010 as she spoke with some students about Falun Gong at Longdong Institute. Xifeng District Police Department officers arrested her. She was held in the Xifeng District Detention Center, and released after several days due to severe health problems. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/1/25/114125.html)

5. Ms. Wang, 41, and Ms. Li, 48, were arrested on June 22, 2009. That day, agents from the Jinchang City 610 Office and officers from Jinchang City Police Department and several police stations arrested at least twenty practitioners. These practitioners' homes were ransacked and their property confiscated.

On the afternoon of January 13, 2010, the Jinchuan District Court held the first trial for Ms. Wang Yumei (41), Ms. Li Xia (48) and seventy-three-year-old Mr. Shi Ruzheng. The court listed the trial as an open trial, but police officers blocked the door and denied all requests for entry. Cheng Guang, the chief judge, went to the door and said that no audience members would be allowed in the courtroom because the case involved "national secrets." The trial lasted two and a half hours, and Mr. Shi was released afterwards. On January 20, 2010, the Jinchuan District Court in Jinchang City, Gansu Province held a closed-door trial for Ms. Wang Yumei, Ms. Li Xia, and Mr. Shi Ruzhen. No family members or practitioners were allowed in the court. No verdict was announced after the day-long trial. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/2/26/114952.html)

6. Around January 14, 2010, Mr. Fang Shuguang was taken to Lanzhou City Prison with a nine-year term, Ms. Cui Guilian and Ms. Zhao Yuhua were taken to Gansu Province Women Prison both with eight-year terms; Ms. Xue Qicui was sentenced to three years of imprisonment, but five years probation.

The four practitioners were arrested in August 2008, detained in Lanzhou City First Detention Center. They were sentenced to the above terms on May 6, 2009. Due to the sentencing not having any legal basis, they appealed to Lanzhou City Middle Court which declared that the “original sentence had no clear facts to support it. Send the case back to be heard again.” The Chengguan District Court of Lanzhou City held the retrial on August 3, 2009, but upheld the original sentence. These practitioners and their families received notice of the second sentence in the middle of October 2009, already past the deadline to file an appeal. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/1/14/216257.html)

7. Officers from the Yintan Road Police Station in Anning District, Lanzhou City, including Director Wu and Officer Cheng, went to the home of Ms. Lu Yuying (45, runs a clinic helping burn patient recovery) on January 19, 2010, to harass her and her family. The officers demanded that they move out of Taohai Market area. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/2/26/114948.html)

8. Falun Gong Practitioners Mr. Niu Ruiyi, 57, and his wife Wang Zhilan from Qijia Village, Xinxing Town, Gangu County, Tianshui City, Gansu Province were illegally arrested and taken from their home by the police. The police confiscated the 6080 yuan cash that Ms. Wang borrowed to build their son's house, a paper cutter and a disc burner. Mr. Niu has been detained in the Gangu County Detention Center since the arrest.

Life has been hard on Mr. Niu's family since his arrest. He had always been the backbone and the mainstay of his family. After his arrest, his second son had to be taken to the hospital for surgery while his wife was left completely helpless. Currently, Mr. Niu's wife and the three sons are bearing great hardship and grief in his absence.

In late May 2010, Mr. Niu was put through a show trial and sentenced to six years of imprisonment secretly by the Tianshui City Gangu County Court in Gansu Province. However, neither the police, the Procurator, nor the court gave Mr. Niu's family members a subpoena, notice of trial, or any legal document. Because of this, Mr. Niu's family could not serve as or hire legal representatives to defend him in court. The lawyer who was assigned to Mr. Niu by the court was not allowed to meet with him or to correspond with Mr. Niu's family members. After the trial, the family was still not notified promptly. Throughout the whole trial up until the final verdict, there was not a principal prosecutor present nor was their case open to the public. The defendant's family members were never notified of the trial. The family never received any kind of legal documents or any other kind of notice explaining what happened to him.

On the morning of August 28, Mr. Niu's brother-in-law received a phone call from the court asking him to visit Mr. Niu at the detention center. Eight people from Mr. Niu's family arrived at the detention center in the afternoon. There, the detention center guards demanded a "notice to the family." The family members told the guards they had not received any such document. The guards refused to let them in and told them to get a notice from the court.

When the family arrived at the courthouse, a judge told them, "Today is Saturday. No one works on Saturday." They had to go back to the detention center. The guards there said that they did not call anyone to come to visit Mr. Niu. Eventually, one of the guards allowed them to visit Mr. Niu. The family saw that Mr. Niu had become very thin and had a dark complexion from the abuse he suffered in the detention center. Parts of his body had become deformed. He told his family that he still firmly believed in Falun Gong.

As the family later found out, after the court had sentenced Mr. Niu, he was sent to the Gangu County Prison, but the prison refused to accept him. Police officers brought him back and planned to put him in the Tianshui City Prison, and it was then that they called the family to visit him on August 28. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/8/15/119271.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/28/120295.html)

9. Mr. Yang Shengchun's death case was reported on January 21, 2010. Mr. Yang Shengchun, a retired government employee in his 80s, lived in Yawan Village, Xintian Town, Lintao County, Gansu Province. He began practicing Falun Dafa in August 1998 and soon after, all his illnesses vanished. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, he persisted in passing out materials to expose the facts. On January 2001, local police deceived him by asking him to speak with them in the Township Office, but instead locked him up for one year in a brainwashing center located in Lintao County Detention Center. In July 2002, police forcefully took him to the Lintao County Brainwashing Center and sentenced him to another year.

In March 2007, while Mr. Yang was delivering materials to the neighboring Caojiahe Village, he was arrested by village administrators. They knocked him to the ground and stomped on his head, causing him to lose consciousness. He suffered severe nerve damage that affected him mentally. On December 18, 2009, he was very confused and could not find his way home. The next day he was found near a ditch where he had frozen to death. (http://clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/2/7/114483.html)

10. Ms. Li Ya and Ms. Ding Xiaoqin were arrested on January 24, 2010, as they distributed informational materials about Falun Gong in Shenyu Township. They were first detained in the Huating County Police Department for two months and then transferred to the Chongxin County Detention Center and held there for three months. She was further transferred to the Huating County Detention Center in July 2010. County court officials covertly sentenced Ms. Li to four years in prison and sent her to the Lanzhou City Prison. Prison officials refused to accept her. Ms. Li is now in Xihua Detention Center in Huating County, Ms. Ding Xiaoqin was released on medical parole. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/30/120338.html)

11. Both from Heshui County, Qingyang City, Mr. Li Chaoyang was taken to Tianshui City Prison on January 28, 2010, while Ms. Li Caiyun was taken to Lanzhou City Women's Prison on January 29, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/2/19/114785.html)

12. On the afternoon of January 28, 2010, officer Gou Binya and additional personnel from the Domestic Security Division of Gangu County Police Department of Tianshui City broke into Mr. Zhang and Ms. Mao's (a married couple) home at Xie Village, Dashi Township of Gangu County. Officials confiscated their computer, printer, engraving machine, DVDs, Dafa books, truth clarification materials and personal belongings. Subsequently, they arrested Mr. Zhang and Ms. Mao, detained them in Gangu County Detention Center.

Ms. Mao's family has been devastated by her arrest. Her son was forced to pay 50 yuan when he brought her a comforter. Her in-laws are in their eighties and she is the one who would normally take care of them and her husband who is very sick. Her second son had to quit secondary school to find work to help support the family. Based on information provided by an individual who was recently released from Gangu County Detention Center, Ms. Mao Xiulan was sentenced around late May or early June, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/8/15/119271.html)

13. Reported on March 22, 2010, there have been four Falun Gong practitioners detained in Jingtai County Detention Center, one male, 39 years old, the other three are female. They are all from Jingyuan County. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/3/22/220192.html)

14. Ms. Li Qiaolian, who is retired from the Yinguang Factory in Baiyin City, and four other practitioners were arrested on April 24, 2008, at their rented residence. Officers from the Baiyin City Domestic Security Division and agents from the 610 Office made the arrests. The five practitioners were held at the Jingtai County Detention Center and denied family visitations.

Jingtai Court officials covertly tried these practitioners on February 21, 2010. A woman practitioner was released, and two male practitioners were each sentenced to eight years in prison. Ms. Li and another female practitioner were each given a six-year prison term. They were given 40 days to appeal. (http://clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/4/20/116219.html)

15. While Ms. Jiao Lili was visiting a relative during the Chinese New Year holiday on February 24, 2010, officers from the Police Department of Lanzhou City stormed into her house. They handcuffed her relative's hands behind her back and interrogated her. They ransacked her home and frightened her child. Ms. Jiao Lili was hiding in another room. The police found her and arrested her. They took her to the police department and tortured her with the Tiger Bench, etc. At around 11 p.m. that night, Ms. Jiao Lili was taken to a clinic for a physical examination, but she refused to cooperate. Three policewomen pulled her into a restroom, and proceeded to punch and kick her. They then took her to the First Detention Center of Lanzhou City.

Two days later, four policemen from the National Security Group of Kongtong District Police Station, including Ma Yi and Ge Huiming, took Ms. Jiao Lili to Pingliang City. They stole her personal MP3 player and a bag of papers, and took turns to interrogate her. On February 28, Ms. Jiao Lili was sent to the Kongtong Detention Center of Pingliang City. Once there, the guards slapped her, bound her with handcuffs and shackles, and kept her on a tiger bench for 4 hours.

During the 36 days of detention, guards subjected her to constant verbal abuse. She went on hunger strike in protest. Ms. Jiao was later sentenced to one and a half years in a forced labor camp. When she was examined before being transferred to Yuzhong Forced Labor Camp, she was found to have suffered from high blood pressure and myocardial ischemia. She was rejected by the detention center, and her family was told to collect her.

In 2000, Jiao Lili was sent to a forced labor camp. In 2003, she was sentenced to 5 years in the Lanzhou City Women's Prison. In the prison, she was forced to perform heavy labor and struck by electric batons until she passed out. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/4/3/115858.html)

16. On February 28, 2010, officers from Niujie Community Police Station, Xuanwu District, Beijing arrested Ms. Yu Baoqin in Xuanwu Hospital who was from Tianshui City, Gansu Province. She is now in a detention center in Beijing City and is not allowed family visits.

Ms. Yu was taking care of an 89-year-old retired government employee. The patient gave her her house key to have her go get her personal ID to check hospital paperwork. Plain clothes officers forcibly took the key, intruded into that elderly lady's house and took away Ms. Yu's personal belongings, including some truth clarification materials.

Ms. Yu is a very kind person and takes care of that elderly lady very well. She clarified the truth to another elderly lady about one month ago in the community, but that elderly lady reported her. Police have followed her for one month. Her family lost contact with her til March 4, 2010, when police in Xuanwu District mailed her pre-trial notice to her family in Tianshui City. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/3/23/115526.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/5/14/116983.html)

17. Ms. Cao Guifang, 57, lived in Xiaojin Town, Xifeng District, Qingyang City, Gansu Province. She died on March 3, 2010 due to long term persecution. Ms. Cao began cultivating Falun Dafa in 1997. She was arrested many times. When she was detained in Anning Labor Camp, she was tortured with slave labor and cruel beatings. Guards instructed four drug addicts, who were prisoners, to handcuff her behind the back and hang her from the cuffs, then beat her. During the long term persecution, Ms. Cao was five times held custody in police stations, three times detained in detention centers, once in a forced labor camp and once in drug rehabilitation center. Her family-owned store was three times ransacked, her home was twice ransacked. Police also body searched her once, took her cash, totally extorted more than 1200 yuan. Police intentionally caused conflicts for her family and her relatives misunderstood her, which resulted in worse damage to her health. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/3/22/115513.html)

18. It was reported on March 7, 2010, Ms. Cui Jianping, born in 1959, is a retired resident of Baiyin City, Guansu Province. On March 25, 2008, when Ms. Cui was handing out truth-clarification materials, she was arrested and detained at the Dabatan Village Commission in Xi District, Baiyin City. Later, she was transferred to the Baiyin District Detention Center. Two months later, Ms. Cui was transferred to the Jingyuan County Detention Center.

Ms. Cui has been on hunger strike most of the time she has been detained and, as a result, she has suffered tremendously both mentally and physically. Her family requested that she be released for medical reasons but the request was denied by the local court without stating a reason. In April 2009, Ms. Cui was sentenced to four years in prison by the Baiyin District Court. In the middle of April, she was taken to the Gansu Province Women's Prison. Guards forced her to write statements to accept the brainwashing and forced her to watch CCP news, which deeply harmed her mind and body. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/3/20/115458.html)

19. Mr. Jia Peifu is the chief of security of the Construction Bank in Baiyin City. He has been detained by police many times just because he practices Falun Gong. On March 23, 2010, Mr. Jia Peifu was reported whilst he was eating at a restaurant in Baiyin City, talking to other customers about Falun Gong and distributing Falun Gong materials. Fan Fengtao from the Baiyin Police Department led officers to take him away and ransacked his home. That same day, he was sent to the Jingyuan County Detention Center. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/4/11/116030.html)

20. Ms. Fang Baiqin, 48, lived in Yima Town, Qingcheng County, Gansu Province, was a kind farmer's wife. She had tuberculosis since before she was married. After cultivating Falun Dafa in 1994, all her symptoms were gone. She disciplined herself according to Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, never fought with others, and had a mild temperament. Her family members all felt she had changed into a new person after practicing Falun Dafa. Her husband also became very capable and gave up his vices of smoking, drinking, and being lustful. In fact, he became well known for helping and volunteering in nearby places.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, police arrested her husband and took him to the local police station. Their two children were both young at the time. When her husband went to Beijing to speak out for Falun Dafa, local police kept threatening her in her home and demanded money from her. When she told the officers that she did not have any money, they placed her in custody and held her at a local station for 24 hours before releasing her.

Later her husband was detained in the former Qingyang County (now Qingcheng County) Detention Center. Ms. Fang lived a hard life with her two children with her husband away. While he was in the forced labor camp, she supported her two kids through school and bore huge pressure from the society. She continued to follow her belief and taught her children to be good people The kids helped out their mother by selling recycled material collected from the garbage.

After her husband returned home from the labor camp, agents from the 610 Office did not stop harassing them at home. Now the two children have grown up and finally make enough to support the family. However, the long term persecution took its toll on Ms. Fang's health and she passed away from illness on March 27, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/5/2/116612.html)

21. On April 9, 2010, Ms. Li Linxiang from Wuwei City was arrested. She was sent to a detention center after officers from the Hongxiang Police Station extorted 1200 yuan in cash from her family. She was released on April 24, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/4/30/116555.html)

22. Ms. Guo Yulan from Hongxiang Town in the Liangzhou District, Wuwei City, was arrested on April 9, 2010. Hongxiang Town Police Station head Huang Xiaoyu, political head Zhang Runnian and others made the arrest, ransacked her home and forced her to pay money to secure her release. Following her release, the police often went to harass her at home. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/5/10/116807.html)

23. April 22, 2010, was the day Ms. Zhang Ping's five-year imprisonment ended. Her elderly father went to pick her up at Lanzhou City Jiuzhou Women's Prison, but two guards told him that she was picked up by Gao Lina, the Chengguan District 610 Office Chair plus CCP Political Security Committee Secretary at 6 a.m. Mr. Zhang questioned them as to why they didn't release his daughter according to the notice they gave the family. The guards were very vicious, and threatened him. Mr. Zhang did not see any signature from her daughter on the release record. He went to Chengguan District CCP Political Security Committee to request the release of his daughter. Office workers said that the Secretary was absent, and pushed him out before lunch break. Mr. Zhang later found out that his daughter was forcibly taken to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center, which is notorious in Lanzhou City. Her family was not allowed to visit. During the time period Ms. Zhang Ping was detained in the Jiuzhou Prison, she was cruelly tortured by guards and prisoners whilst she was locked in solitary confinement.

Ms. Zhang Ping has been detained and tortured repeatedly since July 20, 1999 [the onset of the persecution of Falun Gong], including being immobilized on a metal chair for five days. She was detained many times and escaped several times. Police listed her as wanted. In the end she decided to leave home and moved from place to place to avoid further persecution.

Wei Dong and another police officer, Lu, as well as agents from Lanzhou Police Department Division 1 went to Ms. Zhang's home on August 13, 2002, to arrest her. Wei Dong beat her ruthlessly and used a one-foot-wide strip of fabric as a rope to restrain her mouth and neck. The beating lasted four or five hours. Police then took her to the Domestic Security Division and interrogated her there overnight. They took her to the Xiguoyuan Detention Center in Lanzhou City the following day.

Detention center officials put her in shackles and handcuffs. The shackles weighed about 20 pounds and were connected to the handcuffs. Ms. Zhang had to curl up and was unable to eat for 24 hours. They then force-fed her. Her face was injured and she kept vomiting and spitting blood. They eventually sent her to a hospital for treatment. She left the hospital more than 40 days later and was transferred to Shaanxi Province.

Ms. Zhang was arrested again on June 2005 and held at the Hualinping Second Detention Center in Lanzhou City. During the arrest, the police took her bank card, with a recorded deposit of a buyout payment from her employer of more than 30,000 yuan.

Ms. Zhang was once again locked up, this time in 2006, in the Lanzhou City First Detention Center. She went on several persecution protest hunger strikes. This resulted in force-feeding with a tube each time. After being force-fed in mid-April 2006, she vomited repeatedly and was eventually admitted to the labor camp hospital on the eighth day. Guard Tian Qingping and others handcuffed and shackled her behind her back during her hunger strike and sent her immobilized to the labor camp hospital. She lost bowel and bladder control as a result of the abuse.

Xiguqu Court officials in Lanzhou City held a hearing for Ms. Zhang in Room 3 at 10:30 a.m. on July 11, 2006. She was sentenced to five years of imprisonment and detained at the Gansu Women's Prison. Her captors immediately placed her in a month-long solitary confinement for calling out, "Falun Dafa is good" when entering the cell. Her poor health made her end up in the Kangtai Hospital (the labor camp hospital). When she returned, they placed her in Division 3. Wang Fukun, Division 3 leader, put her in handcuffs. She was forced to do hard labor during the day and was deprived of sleep at night. Inmates were assigned to watch her all the time for 10 days. Someone reported her to the guards when she did the Falun Gong exercises in November 2006. She was put in shackles and handcuffs for 14 days. The shackles and handcuffs were not removed until she wrote a self-criticizing statement against her conscience. She is still being held in the prison and being grossly abused and mistreated. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/3/30/115704.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/5/8/116761.html)

24. Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Tianxiao lives in the Ganzhou District, Zhangye City. Because he informed others about the persecution, police ransacked his home and attempted to use the confiscated truth-clarification material as an excuse to arrest him. He was not at home. As soon as Mr. Li found out what happened, he did not return home. Police found him in his parents-in-law's place on May 14, 2010 and arrested him, still sleeping in bed. Mr. Li was detained at the Xindun Detention Center. Since 1999, Ms. Li Tianxiao has been twice held in forced labor camps, detained once and imprisoned once. This is his fifth time arrested. Mr. Li Tianxiao from Zhangye City was sentenced to three years of imprisonment without any court proceedings. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/8/15/119274.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/22/120166.html)

25. Around April 22, 2010, Heshui County (in Qingyang City) 610 Office members visited several Falun Gong practitioners and harassed them. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/4/30/222520.html#1043002959-7)

26. Mr. Dou Bing in Lanzhou City is 53 years old and an engineer at the Locomotive Department of the Lanzhou City Locomotive Factory. On May 1, 2010, he went out to tell people the facts about Falun Gong in Sanjiaoxian Community and was arrested and taken to the Yanjiaping Community Police Station. He has been transferred to the Qilihe District Police Department. He was released around May 16, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/5/21/117237.html)

27. Ms. Tao Aixia in the Maiji District of Tianshui City was arrested by officers from the Public Security Bureau Maiji District Branch in Tianshui City on May 3, 2010. She was released at about 10:00 p.m. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/5/21/117237.html)

28. Ms. Zhang Xiaoming, 53, lives in Daxiangshan Town, Gangu County. She went to Baiyun Village, Shilipu Township to visit relatives on July 20, 2009, put a sticker on a wall that contained information about the persecution and was reported by Baiyun Village Administrator Zhang Jianming. He dragged Ms. Zhang to the Village office, had people watch her for a while whilst he called the County Police Department. They searched Ms. Zhang's bag, had Domestic Security agents arrest her and take her to the County Police Department compound. Officer Zhang Xiaofeng stomped on Ms. Zhang's feet intentionally. Moreover, as a result of a punch, Ms. Zhang's forehead grew a big bump. They forced Ms. Zhang to tell them her name and address, then went to her home to ransack it. They took 110 yuan cash from her pocket, and even took away several eggs in her home. Officers detained her for 28 days in Gangu County Detention Center.

Ms. Zhang Xiaoming is a housewife. She was hit by a motorcycle in 1995, her knee has been hurting ever since. In 2002, she had tuberculosis pustule, her doctor said her life was in danger. After one year of taking medication, her wound still did not heal. On top of that, she was sick with psoriasis. She had to shave her head. She lived a miserable life. In July 2004, she was fortunate to learn Falun Dafa. She improved her morality according to Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, to be a better person. After cultivating for three years, her severe condition was gone. She experienced how light her body is without any sicknesses. Her friends and family all witnessed the wonders of Falun Dafa. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/5/15/223680.html#105151817-52)

29. At 6 a.m. on May 16, 2010, seven or eight policemen broke into the home of Mr. Duan Keke (around 60) and arrested him in Baiyin City. The police took away a large amount of his property and all equipment and materials from the Falun Gong material production site. On the same day, Ms. Zhao Shue, in her 50s, and Mr. Gu Fuman, in his 50s, were also arrested. (http://clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/29/118234.html)

30. Mr. Bai Sanyuan, 47, lives in Jinxia Village, Pingbao Township, Jingyuan County, Baiyin City, Gansu Province. He was sentenced to three years' imprisonment in 2000, because he went to Beijing to speak up for Falun Gong. He was inhumanly tortured, several times his life was in danger and twice people thought he died in prison. Upon being released home, his body was covered with injuries. He had to leave home to escape from repeatedly being arrested.

At 7 p.m. on May 16, 2010, led by Jingyuan County Police Department Deputy Director Chen Mingyue and Domestic Security Division Head Pan Qianrui, eight plain clothed officers drove two vehicles to Mr. Bai's home. Since the gate was locked, these officers climbed over the wall, then forcibly opened their house door. Mr. Bai was forced to hide himself in the grain storage. Those officers called the Baiyin City Police Department for help. Nearly 30 more officers came with uniforms on. By 10 p.m., officers threw tear-gas bombs in the grain storage, causing Mr. Bai to pass out. Police took him directly to Jingyuan County Detention Center. On May 20, 2010, two officers came to Mr. Bai's home, requested his wife to sign her name, but she refused. Mr. Bai was sentenced to six years in prison, locked in the Sixth Ward of Lanzhou City Prison.

Liang Xiaojun, the prison instructor, and his assistant Li Xuzhou kept Mr. Bai Sanyuan in a dark room and ordered inmates to beat him. On October 11, 2010, Mr. Bai's family went to visit him. He was carried out by other inmates, due to being on hunger strike since he was arrested in the end of May, and had been force-fed since July. He was extremely pale. He asked his family to send him thick clothes and a comforter. His phone conversation was soon stopped. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/8/30/119717.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/26/120259.html, http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/10/21/231283.html)

31. Three policemen from Lianhua Police Station ransacked Mr. Jiao Yunlin's home in Linxia County on May 17, 2010. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/5/20/224035.html#1052004312-5)

32. On the morning of May 19, 2010, Mr. Xu Jianping (in his 40s) was followed to his mother's home. That afternoon, when he went to work, officers from the Yanxi Road Police Station went to his workplace and demanded that he go to the police station, but he refused. They stayed by the gate of his workplace and monitored him. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/5/117645.html)

33. Around May 20, 2010, Maiji District Domestice Security agents in Tianshui City harassed many Falun Gong practitioners. Led by Feng Jitang, the division head, agents harassed and monitored practitioners with the excuse of “checking up.” (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/2/117576.html)

34. Ms. Xue Qiaolan, 69, from Lanzhou, Gansu Province, was a retiree from the Lanzhou Tongyong Mechanical Factory Services Company.

In December 2000, she and her sister were on their way to Beijing to work in a restaurant. They were arrested on the train by police officers from Lanzhou, and were taken to the Taoshuping Detention Center. They went on hunger strike until they were released six days later.

On January 19, 2001, police officers from the Qilihe Police Bureau took the two women to the Lanzhou No. 1 Detention Center (formerly in Xiguoyuan, now in Jiuzhou). Ms. Xue Qiaolan experienced symptoms of a stroke but was ignored by the guards. Officers from the Qilihe Police Bureau attempted to extort 5,000 yuan from her family, but failed. On May 5, 2001, they took Ms. Xue home. She was partially paralyzed, suffered from incontinence, had no control over bowel movements and could not speak.

Officers from the Lanzhou Public Security Bureau, Qilihe Public Security Bureau, Tumendun Police Station, and Lantongzhang Security Department continued to harass Ms. Xue Qiaolan. On May 20, 2010, about two weeks after being harassed again, she died. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/7/3/118304.html)

35. Ms. Zhang Lan, 51, from the Maiji District, is employed by the Gansu Knitting Factory. She was twice taken into custody, in 2008 and 2009, for distributing Falun Gong-related VCDs. Ms. Zhang was held in the Maiji District Police Department and was subjected to severe abuse and mistreatment. Feng Jitang and a group of officers from the Domestic Security Division ransacked her home and confiscated her computer, Falun Gong books, and other personal property.

Ms. Zhang's family was forced to pay more than 10,000 yuan in cash on each of her arrests to secure her release. After that, officers from the police department and from the street office kept harassing, intimidating, and threatening Ms. Zhang at home.

Qiaonan Community Party secretary Liu and three others went to Ms. Zhang's home on May 24, 2010, trying to force her to give up Falun Gong. She sternly refused. They left and declared they would come again the next day. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/2/117576.html)

36. Ms. Du Yanrong, 58, is a retired employee of the Chengguan District Retired Government Employee Club. On May 28, 2010, her fellow practitioner Ms. He Jianhua and she posted truth-clarification stickers when taking her granddaughter for a walk in the Wuquanshan Zoo, and was spotted by plainclothes police officer Wang Fang of the Yanchanglu Police Station, who rallied a group of domestic security officers over and arrested Ms. He Jianhua and Du Yanrong. They first took them to the Yanchanglu Police Station, and took Ms. Du's handbag away. Her granddaughter was threatened. The police called her son to pick up the child, but followed them to her home and ransacked her home. Then they took Ms. He Jianhua and Ms. Du to the Taoshuping Detention Center. Ms. Du's husband and son (not practitioners) were only allowed to visit her for three minutes.

After she was detained for 15 days, Wang took Ms. Du Yanrong to the prison directly. Ms. Du and He Jianhua both showed symptoms of high blood pressure and heart conditions, and thus the prison refused to admit them. Despite Wang’s trying hard to urge the prison authorities to change their minds, the prison maintained their position and Wang was forced to drive Ms. Du and Ms. He back to their homes.

On the evening of June 21, while Ms. Du was talking to people about Falun Gong and distributing Dafa informational materials, she was again arrested by a policeman from the Yanchanglu Police Station. They seized her belongings and took her to the Taoshuping Detention Center in Chengguan District of Lanzhou City. Sixteen days later, Ms. Du's family member went to her home the first thing in the morning, and was told to come back in the afternoon. But in the afternoon, they were informed that Ms. Du had been sentenced to one year of forced labor, and jailed in Heping Town Gansu Women’s Forced Labor Camp.

In September 2010, Ms. Du’s brother came to visit her from Beijing. He and Ms. Du's son were able to see her only after her son begged the police.

In mid-October, 2010, after extensive effort, Ms. Du’s family members were allowed to visit her in the forced labor camp. They found that she was so thin that she was weak and totally out of shape; her hair was gray, she had difficulty standing, and she trembled all the time. She was mentally confused. During the twenty minutes of their meeting, she kept repeating: “I am doomed. I am guilty. I cannot eat. I had bad dreams. What shall I do?” Later when her family members visited her again, her situation had improved slightly, but she kept quiet. The forced labor camp said that Ms. Du “had an attitude.”

[According to news in January 2011 (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2011/1/26/杜彦荣在甘肃女子劳教所被迫害致腰椎骨折-235321.html), on January 18, 2011, the forced labor camp called Du Yanrong's family members and asked them to come see her. When they arrived, Ms. Du was in bed with a broken backbone. The forced labor camp claimed that she broke her back in a fall. After going through much hassle, Ms. Du’s family finally got her home on January 20.] (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/11/3/121220.html, http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/7/26/227524.html#1072613536-16)

37. On June 1, 2010, Ms. Liu Wanqiu from the Xigu District of Lanzhou City was talking to students about Falun Gong in front of a middle school when some students, under the negative influence of the CCP propaganda, reported her to the local authorities. On the afternoon of the same day, the employees' residence neighborhood committee of Ms. Liu's workplace, the Lanzhou City Chemical Fiber Factory, together with the Xigu District Politics and Law Enforcement Committee, and the local 610 Office informed Ms. Liu to come to the neighborhood committee to receive her long overdue wages. However, it turned out to be a trap, and over thirty plainclothes police were there waiting to arrest Ms. Liu. They also forcibly took away her keys and ransacked her home. Ms. Liu was then taken to the Xigu District Siergou Detention Center. She persisted in clarifying the truth to that guards, and went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. She was released on the evening of June 8, 2010. But on November 5, 2010, officers from the Qilihe District Police Department arrested Ms. Liu Wanqiu again when she clarified the truth to people. They took her back to the Xigu District Police Department, and later, Ms. Liu was taken to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. ( http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/24/118137.html, http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/12/16/刘宛秋再被劫持入兰州龚家湾洗脑班-233719.html)

38. Ms. Zhang Xiaomei was an elementary school teacher in the No. 2 Elementary School in Jingyuan County Coal Mine Corp, Gansu Province. Ms. Zhang was taken to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. She was sentenced to a year and eight months of prison.

Zhang Xiaomei is 47 years old and lives in the family residential area of the Pingchuan District, Baiyin City. In 2008, Ms. Zhang was reported to the police by the parents of her students because she clarified the truth to students at school. She was not allowed to teach anymore and was transferred from her original workplace to work for the Xinhua Bookstore. Later, her school cooperated with the Pingchuan Police Department and did not allow Zhang Xiaomei to go to work again and stopped paying her. Zhang Xiaomei never gave up her belief in Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, and eventually she was forced to retire.

In 2009, Zhang Xiaomei went to Huangqiao to distribute truth-clarification materials. She was arrested by Chen Jinpeng and Xing Feng from the Huangqiao Police Station and taken to a detention center. On the 10th day after she was arrested, she was sent to the Yuzhong Labor Camp. During the physical examination Ms. Zhang was diagnosed as having severe illnesses and the labor camp refused to accept her. Zhang Xiaomei was then taken back to the detention center. Liu Junrui from the Domestic Security Division of the Pingchuan District Police Department, along with Wu Xiongying, Jin Jianquan and Liu Dongmei, from the Legislative Affairs Department, secretly and forcibly took Zhang Xiaomei to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. It has been more than 8 months since then, and Zhang Xiaomei has now been sentenced to a year and eight months in prison. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/17/117902.html)

39. Tian Yuhua, deputy head of the Railway East Village Police Station in the Chengguan District, the deputy Party secretary of the Railway East Village Street Administration and others went to the Gansu Province Telecom Equipment Factory, on June 18, 2010, which is where retiree Ms. Sun Lanping previously worked. Tian Yuhua phoned Ms. Sun's son and ordered him to tell his mother to go to the factory to sign documents that stated she would no longer practice Falun Gong. Ms. Sun's son took off from work, went there instead, and asked the officials why they continued to look for his mother. He sternly told them that his mother could not meet them with her physical condition. Tian Yuhua and the others threatened him and attempted to have him sign the documents on her behalf and to have his photo taken. However, Ms. Sun's son refused to comply. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/7/1/118276.html)

40. Ms. Lu Yaling, in her sixties lives in Rm 102, No. 2 Unit, of the Fenglei Factory Residential Building, Jiuzhouzhong Road, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City. She is a retired employee of Lanxin Group Co. On the morning of June 22, 2010, Ms. Lu Yaling was arrested and taken to a detention center when she was distributing truth-clarification materials in the Hezuoxincun Community, on Jiuzhouzhong Road, Chengguan District, Lanzhou City. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/7/5/118345.html)

41. At 9:30 p.m. on June 28, 2010, Mr. Jiao Yonglin, Mr. Jiao Yongren, Ms. Li Luni, Ms. Qi Suilan, Ms. Si Nu, and another Falun Gong practitioner from Jiaozhang Village, Lianhua Town, Linxia County, were taken to the Lianhua Town Police Station. The group had been gathered in Mr. Jiao Yongren's home for Fa study. On the afternoon of June 29, 2010, Mr. Jiao Yongren (69) was taken to a detention center affiliated with the Linxia County Detention Center. Later, he was sentenced secretly to four years imprisonment, and taken to Lanzhou City Prison, which refused to accept him. Then he was accepted by the Tianshui City Prison. Another five practitioners were taken to the Detention Center of the Linxia County Police Department. On October 25, 2010, officers from the Lianhua Police Station went to Mr. Jiao Yongling and Ms. Li Luni's homes to harrass them, and ransacked their homes. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/10/1/230395.html#10930234927-22, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/7/12/118527.html)

42. On July 6, 2010, Ms. Zhang Qinglian and Ms. Bian Huiying from Shuangcheng Town in the Liangzhou District of Wu Wei City had their homes ransacked by the Liangzhou District Shuangcheng Police Station. Ms. Bian's Dafa books and exercise music tapes were taken away. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/7/29/118921.html)

43. Ms. Wang Ruiling, around 60, is a retired worker from Lanzhou City Aluminum Factory. Ms. Wang Xu, around 60, is a retired teacher from Lanzhou Chemical Factory Vocational School. Ms. Liu Rufang, 62, is a retired employee of Lanzhou Chemical Factory. On July 6, 2010, Ms. Liu Rufang, Ms. Wang Xu and Ms. Wang Ruiling, from Xigu District, Lanzhou City, were arrested while talking to people about Falun Gong in Yongjing County. On July 7, 2010, officers from the Yongjing County Domestic Security Team ransacked the homes of the three practitioners and took away Dafa books and other property with help from the Domestic Security Team of the Lanzhou Gucheng Police Department and three local community personnel. They were released in September 2010, but all three have received notice to stand trial at Yongjing County Court on November 10, 2010. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/7/9/226735.html#107911940-12)

44. Around July 13, 2010, the Heshui County CCP Political and Judiciary Committee held a systems meeting to plan the investigation of truth-clarification material production sites to further persecute Falun Gong practitioners. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/7/13/226934.html#107131516-12)

45. In July 2010, under orders from the local 610 Office, officials from the Lanzhou District Court sentenced practitioners Mr. Cui Yonglin, Mr. Bai Sanyuan and Mr. Zhang Tao to Lanzhou City Prison, with terms of 8 years, 6 years and 7 years respectively. Nui Xuanyao, prison instructor and Zhu Jialiang, deputy team leader, tortured Mr. Cui, a schoolteacher from Baiyin City, in a confined, dark room in the First Ward. When inmates passed by the room, they would sometimes hear Mr. Cui screaming. Mr. Cui was tortured there until the middle of August.

Liang Xiaojun, prison instructor, and his assistant Li Xuzhou kept Mr. Bai Sanyuan in the dark room and ordered inmates to beat him. Mr. Bai went on a hunger strike for a few months to protest the illegal detention. Mr. Zhang Tao, from Jingyuan County, Gansu Province, will not renounce his belief in Falun Gong and is still being beaten and tortured in the dark room. Mr. Bai's case is the 3rd in this report. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/26/120259.html)

46. Officers from the Jiayuguan City Domestic Security Bureau barged into Ms. Jiang Xiuhua's home at about 9:00 a.m. on August 20, 2010, and arrested 77-year-old Ms. Jiang and 70-year-old Ms. Liang Jingyuan. They were released after each of their families handed over 5,000 yuan. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/27/120281.html)

47. Ms. Zhang, about 60, retired from the Lanzhou City Seismological Bureau, has been arrested more than three times. She was once being held in the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center for about ten months in 2008 for handing out leaflets about Falun Gong. Claiming to be checking residence cards, the police went into Ms. Zhang Guilan's home around August 18 and arrested her. They took her to Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. She was released around September 15-21, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/8/31/119728.html)

48. At 9:00 a.m. on August 24, 2010, Wang Fude, secretary of the CCP of Nanjie Village, Daxiangshan Town, Gangu County and other personnel stormed into Ms. Guo Jincai's home and ordered her to write the Three Statements. They showed her a sample and asked her to copy one. She refused.

She has been interrogated, harassed and arrested. Before the Mid-Autumn Festival in 2009, local officers from the Domestic Security Division and police officers stormed into her home and took away her personal property including Dafa books, deposit books, cash and some other items. Then she was held at the Gangu County Addiction Treatment Center. During this period, Ms. Guo was required to clean the bathroom and yard and was humiliated and tortured physically and psychologically. Ten days after she was detained, one thousand yuan was extorted from her and then she was released. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/28/120297.html)

49. Three police cars pulled up to Mr. Tian Suohai's home in Zhenyuan County, Qingyang City on August 24, 2010. The officers harassed him while claiming to be checking on his health. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/9/15/120007.html, see also http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/6/28/118207.html)

50. At 6 p.m. on September 11, 2010, Ms. He Xiufang, Ms. Yang Juxiang, and Mr. Wang Shuxun were picked up near Fuxing Township, Gaotaishan Town, Longxi County. They are currently detained in the Longxi County Detention Center. Longxi County National Security Team leader Lu Dechang led the Xibei Aluminum Branch Security Department, and West Suburban Police Substation officers Dou Lianwan, Gao Mingqi, Xie Weihong, and Chen Guangyao to ransack He Xiufang's home at 2:00 a.m. that same night. The next afternoon they ransacked the home again, confiscating the family computer. They also took a computer and other personal property from Wang Shuxun's home.

He Xiufang is a retired employee of Xibei Aluminum Products Factory of Longxi County, Gansu Province. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1998. She had multiple diseases before she started the practice, but after practicing all of her diseases disappeared, and her temper and personality also improved. However, during the Chinese Communist Party's ten-year persecution of Falun Gong, He Xiufang has been arrested, detained in a forced labor camp, imprisoned and forced into brainwashing sessions. She has suffered endless physical and mental torture.

On the morning of September 27, 2010, the police rushed into the home of Mr. Wang Shuxun and arrested his wife Wu Yuzhi, leaving their teenaged daughter home alone. Three practitioners were on trial on December 8, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/10/5/120441.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/10/12/120571.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/12/13/121921.html)

51. On September 16, 2010, 610 Office workers harassed Ms. Qiang Weixiu at her work place in Zhenyuan Couty. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/9/19/二零一零年九月十九日大陆综合消息-229835.html)

52. At noon on September 20, 2010, Ms. Qi Jie was reported to the police and arrested while she was distributing Falun Gong materials in the New Railroad District in Pingliang City. That afternoon, the police went to ransack her home and took away some Falun Gong materials. Ms. Qi is now being detained in the Domestic Security Team of the Pingliang Police Department. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/10/1/120360.html)

53. Mr. Cui Dongsheng from the Qinzhou District. Tianshui City was arrested on the morning of September 27, 2010, as he was posting Falun Gong information downtown. Three officers from the Shimaping Police Station made the arrest. They beat Mr. Cui in the head so hard that he bled. They also arrested Mr. Cui's non-practitioner wife Ms. Shi. Mr. Cui was able to escape from the police station. The police officers then intimidated and interrogated his wife, who told the police under pressure about Mr. Cui continuing the practice of Falun Gong. She then led the police to her home. The police ransacked it and confiscated all of Mr. Cui's Falun Gong books.

Two days later, on the evening of September 29, officers from the Qinzhou Domestic Security Division took Mr. Cui into custody at his home. He is currently held in the Lu'ergou Detention Center. Two detainees who were assigned to monitor Mr. Cui beat him many times during his detention under orders from guards. Administration told his wife that if she pays 6000 to 10,000 yuan, Mr. Cui can be released. But she did not have the money. Mr. Cui was sentenced to one year of forced labor, and is detained in Pingantai Forced Labor Camp in Lanzhou City. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/11/16/二零一零年十一月十六日大陆综合消息-232551.html)

54. Ms. Yin Xiaolan was detained for eight years, and was finally released on February 18, 2010. She is in hiding to avoid being further persecuted. But her resident affiliated Xiguan Police Station kept harassing her husband, threatening to have her sign a guarantee, otherwise she would be forced to go to a brainwashing center. In October 2010, Ms. Yin's case was transferred to the Beiguan Police Station where her family lives now. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/11/16/二零一零年十一月十六日大陆综合消息-232551.html)

55. Ms. Zhang Xuelian from Guazhou County has lived away from home to avoid persecution since she was dismissed from her job. She was arrested and sent to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp (in Changchun City, Jilin Province) on September 21, 2009 for one year. Her term was extended to September 28, 2010 but, before her family arrived to pick her up, two officers from the Guazhou County Police Department took her back and then sent her to the Dunhuang Detention Center on October 2, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/10/10/120544.html)

56. Ms. Li Xueyi from Linxia City, Gansu Province, works in Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province. Officers from the the Yanta Domestic Security Division and from the Shangzhou Police Department in Shangluo City searched her office at her place of employment on the afternoon of October 12, 2010. They confiscated four VCDs, a Falun Gong book, an MP5 player, a notebook computer, a digital camera, and a cell phone. The police also ransacked Ms. Li's friend's residence in Zhangjiapo Village and seized Ms. Li's salary card and ID card. Ms. Li was able to escape on the morning of October 13. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/10/26/121030.html)

57. Mr. Chu Yuzong is an elderly practitioner at the Tianshui City Cable Factory. At around 8 p.m. on October 12, 2010, he was arrested by officers from the Maiji District Police Department when passing out truth-clarification materials near the Metal Forming Machine Tool Factory. He was detained in the Maiji District Detention Center, and tortured by officer Feng Jitang, and others. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/11/11/二零一零年十一月十一日大陆综合消息-232274.html)

58. Reported on October 14, 2010, Ms. Xu Wenling, 36, lived in Caojiaxiang 5, Lanzhou City. She had hepatitis since she was in her 20s, which turned to liver cirrhosis later, and thence to cancer. Ms. Xu had to go to the emergency room six times, and spent the her and her husband's more than 100,000 yuan savings, plus they were in debt. Her sickness turned to recovery after she began cultivating Falun Dafa in 1999, and she could take care of her small business. This brought great hope to her family.

After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, the Gongyuanxiang Neighborhood Administration and Police Station kept harassing her. They threatened her, causing her to not be able to cultivate peacefully. Because of this situation, her illness came back. In order to have the right to legally practice Falun Gong, Ms. Xu went to Beijing to appeal for justice in September 2000. The police arrested her and she was detained for 15 days. The mental tortures and physical labor caused a relapse of her illness. She was determined that if there was no Falun Gong, there would be nothing left for her. In December 2000, Ms. Xu Wenling went to Beijing to appeal again. Her health was not very good at the time. Officers in Beijing arrested her, and shocked her with electric batons until her body was covered with swollen lumps, and her lips were burnt to charcoal. Ms. Xu never gave in. She went on a hunger strike for 18 days and was brutally force-fed. When they saw that Ms. Xu was dying, the police had the Lanzhou City police officers take her back.

Upon returning to Lanzhou City, Ms. Xu was detained in a brainwashing center located in Yaoshuping Detention Center. Dong Jianmin, the Chengguan District CCP Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary, saw that she was dying and notified her family to pick her up.

Ms. Xu Wenling was not left in peace at home. Li Bing, Gongyuanxiang Neighborhood Administrator and Zhang Xinhua, as well as the local police kept harassing and threatening Ms. Xu. She was forced into hiding in her relative's home. There she studied the Fa and did the Falun Gong exercises, and soon recovered her health. In order to take care of her young son, Ms. Xu Wenling returned home in July 2001. The officers and neighborhood administrators harassed her again.

Under long term cruel persecution, Ms. Xu was deprived of her rights to practice Falun Gong. She died in October 2002, at age 36. Her death was announced 8 years later. (http://clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/2/17/123295.html)

59. Ms. Yang Jun is a practitioner in Gaotai County. She returned home on October 24, 2010 after having left home earlier in order to avoid being arrested. The Gaotai County Domestic Security agents and 610 office workers surrounded her home, and harassed her. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/10/29/二零一零年十月二十九日大陆综合消息-231597.html)

60. Mr. Deng Shigui was born in 1966. Once while Mr. Deng was telling people the facts about Falun Gong, he was seen by the police. Since then the officers from the Guazhou County Police Department looked for him to arrest him. Mr. Deng was forced to leave home in September 2002 to avoid further persecution. On June 30, 2009, Mr. Deng returned home and suddenly died several hours later.

When the Guazhou County Police Department got the information of Mr. Deng's death, they immediately dispatched the officers to Guazhou village along with personnel from the 610 Office. They sealed off Mr. Deng's house and heavily guarded it. Li Hongwei the deputy chief of the Police Department and others used an electric saw and other tools to cut open Mr. Deng's skull. Then they cut open his corpse from the chest to lower body and took out his stomach. When they found that there were only a few grains of rice in his stomach, they left the horrific scene for his family to clean up. The officers left after 2 a.m. His family were so angry at the police's inhuman actions. Forensics doctor He Shicheng and three officers from Jiuquan City assisted the Guazhou County police officers. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/11/26/121619.html)

61. According to a report on November 21, 2010, Mr. Liang Cun (missing second character of his given name), 35, is an employee of Gansu Province People's Hospital. He has been missing since September, and his family is anxious to know his whereabouts. According to reliable sources, there is a male practitioner detained in Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center in Lanzhou City, and he is an employee of Gansu Province People's Hospital. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/11/21/二零一零年十一月二十一日大陆综合消息-232756.html)

62. Fulongping Community Police Station officers arrested Ms. Guo Aimin and Ms. Li Shengjie for distributing truth-clarification materials on the afternoon of November 23, 2010. Both practitioners are in their 60s and from Baiyinlu Publishing. They were detained until 1:00 a.m. on November 24 and then taken to Taoshuping Detention Center. Ms. Li failed the physical exam and was sent home. Ms. Guo was held in Taoshuping Detention Center until she was released on December 9, 2010. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/12/16/121967.html

63. Ms. Liang Jingyuan, 69, is a family member of a retiree from the 404 Nuclear Power Plant of China. In August 2010, Ms. Liang was recorded by a security camera while distributing materials telling people the facts about Falun Gong. In December 2010, officers from the Jiayuguan Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Liang, put her on trial on December 8, 2010, and extorted 5,000 yuan from her family before releasing her. On December 13, 2010, Ms. Liang Jingyuan was secretly sentenced to three years of forced labor. She was first taken to a detention center but was refused by the guards because they received truth-clarifying phone calls. On December 14, 2010, Ms. Liang was released and allowed to return home. On the afternoon of the same day, the police tried to force Ms. Liang sign an arrest warrant, but she refused. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2010/12/29/122176.html, http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/1/4/122312.html)

64. Mr. Cao Dong, from Qingyang City, Gansu Province, is a graduate of Beijing Foreign Language University and worked at a travel company in Beijing. He has been detained at Tianshui Prison in Gansu Province. Mr. Cao's family has not heard from him by phone or through mail since July 2010. They mailed him money to pay for daily necessities at the prison in August, September, and October of 2010, but have not been able to confirm that he received it. They called the prison in November 2010 and were told by Liu, the section chief in charge of persecuting Falun Gong practitioners, that Mr. Cao “is doing well and will be released soon.” No details about Mr. Cao's current condition were provided.

Mr. Cao was sentenced to four and a half years in prison in 2000. After he was released, in his effort to rescue his imprisoned wife, Ms. Yang Xiaojing, Mr. Cao met with the Vice President of the European Parliament, Mr. Edward McMillan-Scott, on May 21, 2006. During their two-and-a-half-hour meeting, he told Mr. McMillan-Scott how his wife and other practitioners suffered persecution. Plainclothes police officers from the Beijing Police Department Second Division illegally arrested him while he was on his way home after the meeting.

After being secretly detained in Beijing for three months, Mr. Cao was sent back to Qingyang City, his hometown. On February 8, 2007, he was sentenced to five years in prison. He has since been detained in solitary confinement at the Tianshui Prison in Gansu Province.

Upon being her release from the labor camp, Mr. Cao's wife became homeless in order to avoid further arrests and harassment by authorities. Due to the long-term physical and mental torture suffered during detention, poor living conditions, and living in constant fear and uncertainty, her health deteriorated, and she passed away on October 1, 2009.

During Mr. Cao's and Ms. Yang's eight-plus years of marriage, they lived together for less than a month, because one of them was always in detention for practicing Falun Gong.

Mr. Cao's family is worried about his current condition. His parents have been under tremendous stress due to the persecution suffered by their son. They are too weak to visit him since the prison is too far away. His in-laws' health has also deteriorated since the loss of their daughter (Mr. Cao's wife), so they are also not able to visit him. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/1/12/122438.html)

65. Reported on December 18, 2010, Gao Lina, Chengguan District CCP Political and Judiciary Committee Secretary, as well as the 610 Office director, personally led people to harass Falun Gong practitioners in Lanzhou city, targeting especially those who were imprisoned, in forced labor camps, and detained. They tried to force practitioners to state whether they would continue to practice Falun Gong. They arrested all practitioners who refused to renounce Dafa, and took them to Yaoshuping Detention Center or Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2010/12/20/二零一零年十二月二十日大陆综合消息-233887.html)

66. Baiyin City, Pingchuan District CCP Political and Judiciary Committee, 610 Office, and Community/Neighborhood Administrators visited Falun Gong practitioners at the end of December 2010, trying to force them to sign their names on a form. The persecution has not lessened in the past eleven years. On every sensitive date, the authorities visit practitioners' homes, threaten them, and force them to sign a document. (http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2011/1/1/二零一一年一月一日大陆综合消息-234379.html)