(Clearwisdom.net) There are forty to fifty Falun Gong practitioners illegally detained in Hulan Prison in Heilongjiang Province. They have suffered varying degrees of persecution. On November 25, 2010, practitioner Liu Hui from Fangzheng County, Heilongjiang Province was viciously beaten by prison detective section head Li You and other policemen and was confined to a small cell for one month. The following is Mr. Liu Hui's account of what happened.

Ever since I was illegally detained here, especially during the last one and a half years, I have witnessed Falun Gong practitioners being beaten and tortured by prison guards and inmates. I have often heard of practitioners being persecuted by guards and being confined in small cells. The following is my experience as I was confined in a small cell for a month.

On the evening of November 25, 2010, I was studying the Fa as usual. Around nine o'clock, someone in the corridor said: “Anti-riot police went to clear the prison section across the road.” I was not moved and continued reading. After a short while I thought, “No, some practitioners were persecuted because of reading the Fa. I have to protect the book and not let the guards take it away.” So I closed my book and took off my glasses. As I was about to put away the book, it was already too late. The police did not go across the road, but instead turned around and came straight to our section.

Prison detective section head Li You saw me sitting on the bed, and he came straight to me. He asked me what I was doing. I did not answer. He ordered me to hand Zhuan Falun over. I ignored him and I did not hand it to him. Five or six policemen then came into the room. One of them had graduated from the police academy and was assigned to the armed anti-riot forces. Li ordered him to drag me down. I said, “I am a Falun Dafa practitioner. You cannot do this to me.” They nevertheless tried to pull me down. Li You came up and grabbed my coat. He pulled it hard, tore it off me and threw it on the ground. But I still did not move. Another guard came to help with one pulling my arm while the other pulled my sweatshirt. Finally I was pulled down from the upper berth. As I fell down head first, my right shoulder and hip hit the ground hard. I didn't even think about being injured despite being over fifty. I just stood up. Right away I was pushed and shoved into the duty room by two guards.

As soon as I was shoved into the room, a stocky man in his forties started slapping me left and right. I had the thought: “Transfer the pain somewhere else.” He kept slapping me non-stop and I spoke the words out loud without realizing it. He heard my words and started to hit me even harder. After twenty to thirty hits, it seemed the pain had indeed been transferred, because he suddenly stopped hitting me and sat on the chair. I later learned that this guard was the head of the anti-riot forces, Yao Meng. The two guards who had pulled me down then started to beat me. One punched me in the face while the other punched me in the chest. After punching me dozens of times, they also stopped beating me.

At this time, Li You came in with Zhuan Falun in his hand. He ordered several policemen to rough me up. A guard carried my coat and blanket into the room. Li You stripped my clothes off and threw my name card, shopping card, nail clipper and belt to the ground. He ordered me to put on my jacket, trousers and shoes. Then three guards pushed me back towards downstairs. I shouted: “Falun Dafa is good!” Two guards punched and elbowed me on my back and pushed me down the stairs. I shouted again: “Falun Dafa is good!” The three guards kept punching me all the way out of the prison dormitory building and pushed me into the confinement room (a small cell). Once in the small cell they stripped off all my clothes except for my underwear. I was forced to put on a thin cotton coat and trousers.

The next morning it felt like I had a toothache and I found that my two front teeth were loose. I also felt pain in my chest when I breathed and pain in my right shoulder and right hip. Despite this, I never stopped sending forth righteous thoughts, doing the exercises and reciting the Fa. After a couple of days all the pain disappeared. We were given two meals in the small cell. The buns were very small, with even the largest ones smaller than those sold outside the prison. We were given one bun for each meal to be eaten with pickles. There was no hot water or broth. Our drinking water comes from the toilets. It is very cold in the small cell, so cold that one cannot sleep there. Despite this harsh environment, I never stopped sending forth righteous thoughts, doing the exercises and reciting the Fa. A month later I was released from the confinement room.