Name: Yun Fuqi (云福起)
Gender: Male
Age: 50s
Address: Fangzheng County, Heilongjiang Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: April 26, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Daqing Prison (大庆监狱)
City: Daqing
Province: Heilongjiang
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, interrogation, illegal sentencing, beatings, forced labor, imprisonment, brainwashing, torture, detention

( Mr. Yun Fuqi from Fangzheng County, Heilongjiang Province was released from Daqing Prison on November 11, 2011, after having been imprisoned for three and a half years. He sustained two fractured ribs and multiple skull fractures as a result of torture and abuse by prison guards and criminal inmates. Mr. Yun's physical condition is fragile, and he is unable to take care of his own daily needs. After he was arrested on April 26, 2008, Mr. Yun was held in the Fangzheng County Detention Center, Hulan Prison and Daqing Prison, respectively. The following is an account of the persecution that Mr. Yun was subjected to.

Mr. Yun Fuqi was arrested on April 26, 2008 as he talked to people about Falun Gong in Xinli Village, Deshan Township. Deshan Township Police Station head He Wanjun and other officers made the arrest and took Mr. Yun to the police station.

Torture Re-enactment: Brutal Beating

The officers severely beat Mr. Yun to the ground, and then stomped on his chest and abdomen, fracturing one rib on his right side. The next day, Mr. Yun was taken to the Fangzheng County Detention Center to be held for two weeks. Mr. Yun ran a high fever and was dizzy because of the fractured rib. He was transferred to the criminal detention center on May 12, where he was interrogated, intimidated and beaten. After detaining him for six months, Fangzheng County Court officials sentenced Mr. Yun to three and a half years in prison. He was sent to Hulan Prison.

Division head Zhang and team leader You Da at the prison instigated criminals Zheng Taiping, Gao Jianping and Gao Feng to torture Mr. Yun on a daily basis. They verbally and physically abused him, and tortured him using a method called “Pushing Forward.” They pushed him down to the ground, stepped on his back, pulled his arms up behind his back and quickly pushed them forward toward his head. Mr. Yun was also forced to stand 24 hour a day, and was deprived of sleep for four days in a row. His legs and feet were swollen as a result. When he was made to stand for the third day, collaborator Guo Gang attempted to force Mr. Yun to write four statements to renounce his belief.

Mr. Yun Fuqi was transferred to Division No. 6 of Daqing Prison after having been held for two and a half months in the Intensive Training Team. Division head Li Weinan, deputy division head Li Naishun, and about ten criminals, including Zhao Guolong, Liang Qiu, Cong Ming and others forced Mr. Yun to wear a prisoner's uniform, and burned all the clothes he brought with him. Criminal inmates Li Benrong, Zhang Fuming and others beat Mr. Yun to the ground and kicked him, breaking one of the ribs on his left side. Division head Li Weinan also forced Mr. Yun to do hard labor, and instigated criminal Hou Zhenfeng to stick needles into Mr. Yun's body over a hundred times. The perpetrators often struck Mr. Yun on the head, and he sustained multiple injuries. Deputy division head Li Naishun once beat Mr. Yun in the head with a walkie-talkie, causing Mr. Yun to be disoriented and confused.

Mr. Yun Fuqi's three and a half years of imprisonment has seriously damaged his physical and mental health. He previously sustained multiple injuries when he was held in the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp, and the recent persecution resulted in his sustaining two fractured ribs and multiple injuries to his head.