Name: Li Ronglan (李荣兰)
Gender: Female
Age: In her 50s
Address: Hongshan District East, Ongniud Banner, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 10, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Wudan Town Detention Center (乌丹镇看守所)
City: Wudang Town
Inner Mongolia
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, forced labor reform, brainwashing, hung up with hands cuffed behind the back, electric shock, face slapped, brutal beating, force-feeding

( Ms. Li Ronglan was sentenced to Hohhot Women's Forced Labor Camp for two years in 2002 because she would not give up her belief in Falun Gong.

When the guards were trying to “transform” her, they suspended her from a window or between two beds and did not let even the tips of her toes touch the ground. She was left like this for more than 45 days and nights. The guards often shocked her with an electric baton, slapped her face, and kicked her in the abdomen repeatedly until she lost consciousness. They also stuffed socks into her mouth and then sealed it with tape. The guards also instigated other inmates to brutally beat her.


Torture reenactment: Hanging

During June and July in 2004, the guards ordered all the practitioners to sing songs slandering Dafa, Ms. Li refused to cooperate, so the guards tortured her.

Due to the severe mental and physical abuse, she became extremely weak and had trouble standing. She was force-fed on a long-term basis. The guards extended her sentence at will.

Ms. Li Ronglan was due to be released from the labor camp in the fall of 2004, but camp officials refused to release her. She was transferred to Tumujie Women's Forced Labor Camp, Jalaid Banner, Inner Mongolia. Here a guard ordered an inmate to beat her. This guard threatened the inmate that if Ms. Li refused to give up her belief, the inmate would not be released once her sentence was over. So the inmate used all her strength and beat Ms. Li all night. When Ms. Li began a hunger strike to protest the brutal abuse, her sentence was extended by three more months.

After Ms. Li was released and went home, the police kept coming to her home and harassing her. She was forced to leave home. She was arrested again on October 10, 2011. The arresting officer was from Wudan, Ongniud Banner, Chifeng City. She is now in Wudan Town Detention Center and has begun a hunger strike. We call upon everyone to pay close attention to this case.


Wudan Police Station:

Xiong Bing, deputy director who participated in the interrogation: 86-13947627021 (Cell)

Hohhot Women's Forced Labor Camp:

Zhang Zhongsu, former director, promoted to be Labor Camp Bureau Chief because of actively persecuting Falun Gong

Guo Xiangzhi, current director

Yuan and Wan, Zhang Siqin, Zhang Hong, Chen Xia, and Li Xiumei, guards