Name: Wang Yanjun (王艳军)
Gender: Female
Age: 47
Address: Unknown
Occupation: a retired worker from the Lingyuan Steel Company in Lianoning Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 7, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Chaoyang Detention Center (朝阳市看守所)
City: Chaoyang
Province: Liaoning
Persecution Suffered: beatings, extortion, physical restraint, interrogation, detention, fired from workplace

( Ms. Wang Yanjun is a 47-year-old retired worker from the Lingyuan Steel Company in Lianoning Province. A group of Mohudian Police Station agents broke into her home and abducted her at 3:00 p.m. on September 7, 2011. After handcuffing her to a chair for a whole night, the next morning the police drove her to the Chaoyang City Detention Center.

A few hours later, Wang Junwei and Liu Shangze from the Yushulinzi Town Police Station of Pingquan County, Hebei Province interrogated Ms. Wang, together with their counterparts from the Mohudian Police Station headed by Wang Chunlei. After questioning her for a while they decided to release her on bail, with a trial date to be set later.

Hebei province police got involved because two tipsters confirmed to head Zhang Xinmin of the Yushulinzi Town Police Station that Ms. Wang was the woman shown in one photo distributing Falun Gong materials in his region. He then issued an arrest warrant, which eventually led to her capture.

Prior to this September arrest, Ms. Wang had been abducted numerous times in the past. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, she planned to go to Beijing to appeal to the government in November that year. She was captured on her way to the Lingyuan Railway Station. Involved were agents from the Mohudian Police Station, who later detained her for nine days and extorted 3,000 yuan from her. Following her release, her company refused to let her return to work and essentially forced her to take early retirement.

Here is additional background information:

Ms. Wang was at work on July 19, 2000 when her new employer’s security section requested the Mohudian Police to come in and arrest her. She wasn’t released until about one month later.

In November 2001, Ms. Wang was talking to people about Falun Gong in Huludao City when police seized her and kept her in custody in the Huludao City Detention Center for 34 days. When they tried to transfer her to the Masanjia Labor Camp they were turned down because a required medical examination indicated she had uremia. They had no option but to set her free.

Wang Chunlei and another policeman surnamed Yang from the Mohudian Police Station attempted to arrest Ms. Wang again in April 2009. When she refused to be led away, they slapped her face and twisted her arms. They didn’t release her until she agreed to pay a 3,000 yuan.

On July 27, 2011, Ms. Wang handed out materials regarding the persecution of Falun Gong to people in Kunduyingzi Village, Kazuo County, Liaoning Province, and was arrested. Agents at the Kunduyingzi Village Police Station abused her by slapping her face hard. They next sent her to the Kazuo County Police Department where the persecutors decided to keep her in custody at the Kazuo County Detention Center. She developed symptoms of uremia after going on hunger strike for eight days, and detention center officials released her on the ninth day.

Now the police have seized Ms. Wang again, on September 7, 2011 and are plotting further persecution.