(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhang Qingsheng, a former engineer at the Harbin City No.3 Fire and Electricity Company in Heilongjiang Province, was arrested with his daughter, Zhang Hui, on October 18, 2011. We have learned that Mr. Zhang is currently being held in the Harbin City Police Department's Division No.7; his daughter's whereabouts are unknown. Mr. Zhang's wife, Ms. Sun Yuhua, died as a result of being persecuted by the Hulan County police in 2004.

Around 2:00 p.m. on October 18, 2011, Mr. Zhang Qingsheng and his 25-year-old daughter, Ms. Zhang Hui, were arrested at his apartment. At 6:00 p.m., their home was ransacked, and two computers and printers, a CD-burner, and cash were taken. The father and daughter were detained in the Leye Police Station that evening and taken to the Harbin City No.7 Division the next day.

Participating in the arrests were officers from the Songbei Criminal Police Team, Leye Police Station, and Harbin City No.3 Power Plant Police Station. Harbin City Domestic Security Division officer Wang Li is in charge of the case.

Mr. Zhang's wife, Ms. Sun Yuhua, retired from the No.3 Fire and Electricity Company. She died as a result of being persecuted by the Hulan District 610 Office agents and Domestic Security Division officers on March 8, 2004. She was only 48 years old. At around 2:00 p.m. on January 14, 2004, Chen Zhaolin, head of the Hulan County Domestic Security Division, and others arrested Ms. Sun on her way back home from visiting her neighbor. They took her to the Domestic Security Division, where they tortured and interrogated her. They took her to the Hulan No.2 Detention Center first and then transferred her to the No.1 Detention Center, where she held a 55-day hunger strike to protest the persecution. She died in the Hulan County No.1 Hospital on March 8, 2004.

Ms. Sun's daughter, Zhang Hui, then 18, was a student at the Hulan Institute of Harbin Normal University that year. She was also arrested the same day as her mother. Ms. Zhang was sent to the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp for a one-year term on February 26, 2004.

Mr. Zhang Qingsheng, 55 years old, was previously subjected to forced labor in 2001 and a three-year sentence in 2004. This is the third time that he has been persecuted.