Name: Si Deli (司德利)
Gender: Male
Age: 50s
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Associate Professor at the Shihe District Cultural Center
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 7, 2011
Most Recent Place of Detention: Xinyang First Detention Center (信阳市第一看守所)
City: Xinyang
Province: Henan
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, illegal sentencing, imprisonment, torture, fired from workplace, home ransacked, detention

( Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Si Deli, an Associate Professor at the Shihe District Cultural Center, was arrested on June 7, 2011 by officers from the Xinyang Domestic Security Division, 610 Office and members of the Shihe District Cultural Center. At present he is still detained at the Xinyang First Detention Center. The 610 Office has submitted his case to the Shihe District Procuratorate for further persecution.

Mr. Si's mother, almost 100 years old, was grief stricken after the arrest. She used to have colorectal cancer, but after she practiced Falun Gong, she became very healthy. However, over the past 12 years, as her son was arrested many times, their house was ransacked and their money extorted by police on many occasions, she has been living in fear.

Because of practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Si has been constantly persecuted by the 610 Office agents and officers from the Domestic Security Division. He was sentenced to forced labor twice and once to prison, where he endured brutal torture.

Security Division officers Zeng Shan, Wu Bo and Wang Junjie, as well as officers from Minquan Police Station, ransacked Mr. Si's house twice from July 1999 to 2000. They confiscated his Falun Gong books, tape recorder and other personal items. He was arrested and taken to the Xinyang First Detention Center. After 18 days of torture, he couldn't get out of bed. There were two big pustules growing on his leg, discharging pus. His family members weren't allowed to visit him. After 30 days, he was transferred to another detention center. When his family members eventually saw him, he had already become emaciated.

Mr. Si was sentenced to one year of forced labor by the 610 Office and Domestic Security Division in March 2001. After he returned home in 2002, he was arrested and detained for one more month by Wu Bo from the Domestic Security Division. Later on, he was sentenced to another two years of forced labor. At the Xuchang Second Forced Labor Camp, to transform him, the guards hung him up with a thin hemp rope, stuffed his mouth with a towel and shocked him with electric batons. After the torture, Mr. Si's arms and hands became swollen and bruised. His teeth became loose and his hair turned grey. During the three years of detention in the forced labor camp, thousands of yuan from his salary were taken by the 610 Office agent Wu Tianjun.

In August 2005, Mr. Si was arrested by police officers while he was distributing Falun Gong related materials and taken to the Shihe District Police Department. The police secretly sentenced him to Zhengzhuo Prison for further persecution for three years without a trial.

Because of the persecution from the Shihe District 610 Office, Mr. Si and his family's lives have been greatly disturbed. From middle school all the way up to college, his child lost the care that he should have gotten from his father. The entire family depended only on the monthly income of several hundred yuan from Mr. Si's wife, making their lives extremely difficult.

People Who are Responsible for the Persecution:
Xu Qin, head of Shihe District Procuratorate: +86-13837607892
Cheng Zonghua, staff of Shihe District Procuratorate: +86-13939703538
Ma Jinkui, head of Xinyang City Procuratorate: +86-13183361899