Additional Persecution News from China – January 17, 2011 (7 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in five cities or counties in four provinces. According to this report, seven practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least seven practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Suileng County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Li Kai and Mr. Guan Shubo Illegally Sentenced
- [Suizhong County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Xiaoyan Fired from Her Job
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhao Bixu Physically Abused in Prison
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhu Yanhua Held in the Yaojia Detention Center
- [Henan Province] Ms. Liang Yuying Physically Abused in the Xinxiang Women's Prison
- [Jiaonan, Shandong Province] Five Practitioners Arrested
- [Weifang, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Xiaodan Illegally Sentenced; Ms. Wang Jianping and Mr. Zhang Tianpeng Detained
1. [Suileng County, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Li Kai and Mr. Guan Shubo Illegally Sentenced
Suileng County Court officials covertly sentenced Mr. Li Kai and Mr. Guan Shubo to three years in prison each.
2. [Suizhong County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Li Xiaoyan Fired from Her Job
Ms. Li Xiaoyan is an economist at the Suizhong County Rural Economic Development Board. She was arrested and illegally detained on October 13, 1999, for practicing Falun Gong and subjected to forced labor on October 30. During her detention, her employer fired her and suspended her salary and various subsidies. Her husband divorced her. She currently relies on her relatives and friends for support.
After she was released, Ms. Li went to her employer and related departments numerous times to express a desire to return to work, but they have not arranged this for her.
Wang Yuqing, Suizhong County Rural Economic Development Board director: 86-429-2355001, 86-429-2355000, 86-13942926088
Ma Lixin, deputy Party secretary: 86-429-2355020, 86-429-3939395, 86-13998909198
3. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhao Bixu Physically Abused in Prison
Ms. Zhao Bixu, retired from Farm No. 854 in Yingchun, is being abused and tortured in Harbin Women's Prison. She suffered from health problems between June and July 2010 and has been a prison hospital patient for more than six months. Her family is demanding her release.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhu Yanhua Held in the Yaojia Detention Center
Ms. Zhu Yanhua from Dalian was arrested at home the morning of December 5, 2010. Her home was ransacked. She is in the Yaojia Detention Center.
5. [Henan Province] Ms. Liang Yuying Physically Abused in the Xinxiang Women's Prison
Ms. Liang Yuying, 65 years old, was arrested for speaking with people about Falun Gong. She has been held in solitary confinement in Xinxiang Women's Prison and is very weak as a result of abuse and torture.
6. [Jiaonan, Shandong Province] Five Practitioners Arrested
Four practitioners from Jiaonan, including Ms. Liu Huimin, Ms. Zhang Shuhua, Ms. Xue Lianxia and Ms. Fu Aixian, together with non-practitioner driver Mr. Wang Zongli, were arrested the evening of January 15, 2011. Officers from the Dacun Town Police Station made the arrests. Ms. Liu Huimin's practitioner sister, Ms. Liu Meiqin, went to the Dacun Town Police Station the afternoon of January 6 to demand their release, but was also detained. The five practitioners are currently in the Dacun Town Police Station.
Dacun Town Police Station: 86-532-55586824
Dong Qiqiang, Police Station head
7. [Weifang, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Xiaodan Illegally Sentenced; Ms. Wang Jianping and Mr. Zhang Tianpeng Detained
Ms. Wang Xiaodan, who worked at the Hanting District Chemical Fiber Factory, was arrested on February 18, 2010, on her way to celebrate her father's birthday. She was initially held in the Weifang Detention Center. Eighteen days later, Hanting District Domestic Security Division agents transferred her to Dongjiao Hotel and eventually took her back to the detention center. Ms. Wang was sentenced to seven years in prison and sent to Jinan Women's Prison on January 12, 2011.
Ms. Wang Jianping and Mr. Zhang Tianpeng were also arrested and held in the Weifang Detention Center.