Name: Cui Yutao (崔玉桃)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Datong City, Shanxi Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 23, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Datong City Coal Mine District Detention Center (大同矿区看守所)
City: Datong
Province: Shanxi
Persecution Suffered: Beatings, torture, force-feedings, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( When Mr. Ren Yong was telling people the facts about Falun Gong at around 4:30 p.m. on June 24, 2010, he was arrested by officers from the Huairen County Yunxi Police Station and taken to the Huairen County Domestic Security Division. When Ms. Cui Yuping went to the police station to ask about Mr. Ren, she herself was arrested.

On June 25, six more practitioners, including Ms. Cui Yutao, Mr. Tian Fusheng, Ms. An Meili, and Mr. Shi Suguo, went to the police station seeking information regarding Mr. Ren Yong and Ms. Cui Yuping's arrests. They also told the people there the facts about Falun Gong. They were detained by the station officers.

Officers Niu Quanxi and Sun Jianjun from the Datong City Domestic Security Division took Ms. Cui Yuping and four other practitioners to the Datong City Nanguan Police Station on the afternoon of June 26. Another practitioner, Mr. Shi Suguo, was taken to the Xinpingwang Police Station, and two other practitioners were released.

At around 2:30 a.m. on June 27, Sun Jianjun and four or five other police officers broke into Ms. Cui Yuping's home without a search warrant. They confiscated two computers, Falun Gong books, and personal belongings. Since one of the two computers belonged to someone else in Ms. Cui's family, the family tried to stop the police from taking that computer, but the police threatened to arrest them.

Officers from Datong City Police Department, the 610 Office, the Chengqu District, the Coal Mine District, the Yunquan District, and the Southern Suburban District acted together on December 23, 2010, to arrest many practitioners, who were then detained on the third floor of the Coal Mine District Hotel.

Officers tied Ms. Cui Yutao to the interrogation chair upon her arrival. She shouted, “Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good! Heaven will eliminate the CCP. Quit the CCP to be saved!” On December 24, 2010, the deputy director of the city police department came, heard her shouting, then whipped her face with a black plastic-covered notebook over ten times. When the notebook broke, he used the black cover to continue to whip her. Those present were shocked to see his cruelty. Ms. Cui's eyes were watering and swollen.

On the afternoon of December 26, Ms. Cui was taken to the Coal Mine District Detention Center, where a fellow practitioner, Ms. Zhao Jingfan, was also detained.

Ms. Cui went on a hunger strike as soon as she was arrested. The guards in the detention center force-fed her upon her arrival. Guard Ma Xiuhua supervised the prisoners who force-fed her and other hunger-striking practitioners three times per day. Prisoners pinched the practitioners' cheeks and twisted their noses. The practitioners' mouths festered, and their faces were covered with bruises. After force-feeding them, they threw the practitioners onto the bed, then pulled their hair to force them to sit up, and not allow them to lie down (in case they vomited). They were not allowed to close their eyes during the day or sit in the lotus position. They were forced to participate in midnight guard duty in each cell.

Deputy Director Chen directed prisoners to torture practitioners, and if the practitioners shouted, the prisoners would cover their mouths and beat them. If they continued to shout, the prisoners would shackle their hands and ankles together with a heavy chain, and force them to take tiny steps while squatting. Their wrists and ankles developed dark bruises and bleeding. Prisoners also hit practitioners with a pan filled with labor materials.

The guards also directed about seven prisoners to brutally beat each practitioner in the bathroom. They pulled practitioners' hair, kicked and punched them, and stomped on their chests when they fell. These injuries caused practitioners (especially Ms. Cui Yutao) chest pain.

Director Hou curses, and the prisoners also speak vulgarly all the time.

On the evening of January 6, 2011, Ms. Cui Yutao was dying and had low blood pressure, so her family picked her up. Her condition is critical.

Ms. Huang Lijuan was arrested and taken to the detention center on December 28, 2010.

Related report: