(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Liu Huijiang, 42, is a veteran battalion commander in Division X of the General Bureau of Staff. He is also a Falun Gong practitioner from Tianjin. Because he persisted in practicing Falun Dafa, he was arrested in Dasi in the Xiqing District of Tianjin on November 30, 2008. He was sentenced on August 31, 2010, and detained in Gangbei Prison. After arriving at the prison in a car, he shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!" He was then taken to a cell and beaten by Zhang Dong. He was subsequently handcuffed and shackled by police officer Gao Peizhi and put under strict control in the Eighth Brigade.

For each meal he was given only a piece of bread and some water. The guards forced him to sit on a small stool only 20 cm (8 in.) high. His handcuffs and shackles were connected to an iron hoop on the ground so that he could not straighten his body. He had to lie on the floor to eat. He could only use the bathroom at a set time, and he subsequently lost control of his bowels and bladder. He had to stay in that position even at night. He was awoken as soon as he went into sleep. The guards also verbally abused him, threatened him, intimidated him, and spat on him. After eleven days his shackles were unlocked he was unable to stand. When Mr. Liu's family went to visit him on December 18, 2010, the prison guards would not allow the visit.

Mr. Lu Fujiang, 66, lived in Tiyuannan in the Hexi District of Tianjin. He was taken to Gangbei Prison on August 31, 2010. After getting out of the police car, he shouted, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good!" He was taken to the disciplinary unit in the Eighth Brigade and forced sit on a small stool. The guards put a piece of paper between his legs which was not allowed to fall. Thirteen days later he lost consciousness and was taken to a hospital emergency room. The police deliberately took the wrong medicine for him. After the nurse found out, they changed the medicine. The police planned to take him back to the prison, but the nurse said it was too dangerous. He was transferred to Xinsheng Hospital. On September 25 he was brought back to division one of area five in Gangbei Prison.

Mr. Ren Dongsheng, 46, was detained in division one of area five in Gangbei Prison for practicing Falun Gong. He was beaten by guards with a club. He was physically attacked by five to six people over five times, and tortured so severely that he became delirious. His mother, 79, went to visit him every month. He was afraid for his mother because he didn't want her to worry about him after seeing him. His wife is currently in Tianjin Women's Prison.

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhu Wenhua was from the Nankai District of Tianjin. On July 21, 2010, he was beaten to death by police and prison inmates in Gangbei Prison. According to insiders, on the afternoon of July 21, Captain Liu Chao ordered inmates Wang Jianfeng, Zhang Di, Feng Jie, and Zhang Qingguo to bring Mr. Zhu to the prison stock room and conduct a so-called "study and education" session. In fact, the night shift prison officers and personnel knew that Mr. Zhu was facing torture, because such things happened frequently in Gangbei Prison. They tortured him from noon to 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. Mr. Zhu Wenhua died as a result.