(Clearwisdom.net) On September 30, 2007, around noon, Mr. Wang Zhongbao from the Jinshantun District, Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province, was illegally arrested by police officers from the 610 Office in Yichun City and Nantong City, Jiangsu Province, while he was grocery shopping with his sister. He was interrogated until after midnight. The police savagely beat him and then held him at the Yichun Detention Center.

Around October 13, 2007, Mr. Wang was transferred to Jiangsu Province and subjected to one and a half years of forced labor. On November 16, 2007, he was sent to the No. 4 Division of the Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp of Jiangsu Province. During that time he was so brutally tortured that he nearly became paralyzed.

Before Mr. Wang was sent to the forced labor camp, he was detained at the 610 Office in Nantong City, Jiangsu Province, where he was persecuted for 20 days. The 610 Office hired security guards and intern police officers to watch him 24 hours a day, not letting him sleep. They handcuffed him behind his back and forced him to kneel on the ground. While four or five people held him down, another police officer punched his head, neck, and chest using his fists, knees, and elbows. After Mr. Wang lost consciousness, the officers poured cold water over him to revive him as several other officers continued to beat and torture him.

At one point, one officer savagely kicked him twice on both sides of his chest and his arms. He kicked Mr. Wang with so much force that his shoes were broken. It was very common for the police to punch him in the face or slap him. Since the officers' hands would start to hurt if they used them to beat him, they began to use shoes or sandals to slap his face. They also ruthlessly punched him in the head very hard. Sometimes they wouldn't allow him to eat. During those 20 days, they never removed his handcuffs or fetters. Both of his legs became completely swollen.

The police also poured both hot and cold water over him. Zhang Zhiyon, Zhang Xuejun, and a third person forcibly forced him into a big container full of water. While he struggled to breathe, officer Zhang Xuejun suddenly poured water into his mouth and nose to make him choke. They carried out this torture three times. The officers threatened Mr. Wang and told him that if they beat him to death, they would throw his body into the Changjiang River or push him from the third floor to make it look like he had committed suicide.

After nearly three weeks of brutal persecution, Mr. Wang was transferred to the Fangqiang Forced Labor Camp and detained there for one year and six months. The guards there frequently pressured and tried to coerce him, attempting to trick him into renouncing his spiritual belief. When he refused to sign their paperwork, they threatened him.

Before he was sent to the forced labor camp, police officers took away all his clothes, including his winter clothes, shoes, and belt. They didn't allow him to sleep and forced him to stand against the wall. After all the detainees went to sleep, he had to sit on a small plastic stool and not sleep until two o'clock in the morning. The next day, they continued the persecution. The No. 4 Division was specifically set up to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. If they couldn't "transform" the practitioners, they would continue persecuting them. While he was unlawfully imprisoned, Mr. Wang was tortured almost to the point of paralysis. Despite his obviously fragile physical condition, the forced labor camp personnel still didn't let him rest, but continued to punish him by forcing him to sit on a small stool for a long time. Zhu Kanglin was in charge of the persecution of Mr. Wang.

This is just some of what Mr. Wang suffered in detention in Jiangsu Province while he was detained for one and a half years.