(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Du Hui from Jiamusi was illegally arrested in December 2005 and sentenced to forced labor. Du Hui said: "This has been the most painful time of my life. The physical and mental torture drove me to the point of wanting to die. Throughout this heinous persecution I was disrespected, deprived of all personal liberty and was often in extreme agony."

The following is a report of Du Hui's persecution by the Communist regime.

My husband Han Zhong and I began to practice Falun Gong in October 1998, and soon after, fundamental changes to our bodies and minds occurred. All our illnesses were gone, we enjoyed good health and we understood that by living by the universal principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance, humankind's morals can be restored. Through studying Falun Gong and experiencing these fundamental changes in ourselves, we understood the real purpose of life.

In order to clarify the facts of Falun Gong to more precious Chinese people, my husband and I, with four fellow practitioners (Wang Shilin, Li Zhenjin, Wang Shuxian and Li Yajie), drove a jeep to Xinmin Village, Songjiang Town on the evening of December 11, 2005. We distributed flyers about the persecution and put up some posters. When we returned home, two police cars from Songjiang Police Station were waiting for us and the police violently took us away.

1. The persecution I suffered in the detention center

During our custody, my husband, fellow practitioner Wang Shilin and I were all held separately. Wang Shilin was handcuffed to the radiator, interrogated and beaten. Later the police station director Yan Hongbin organized torture to extract a confession from my husband. Three policemen took turns to beat my husband. We were interrogated for approximately four hours. The female practitioners kept talking to them about how good Falun Gong is but the police would not listen and they forcefully searched us and took keys from my pocket.

Six policemen led by Yan Hongbin took my husband to our home at 3 a.m. on December 12, 2005. They ransacked my store and our home, leaving a huge mess. They stole our Dafa books, Master's picture, truth-clarification materials, computer, DVD player, cellphone, stapler, CDs, an electronic watch and three hundred yuan cash from my husband. They also seized our jeep (it was only returned after the police extorted 2,000 yuan from us). Our losses amounted to approximately 10,000 yuan (US$ 6,000).

Two policemen constantly monitored our home. When a family member went outside, the police chased and caught him. They would only let him go after identifying him. The homes of the other four fellow practitioners were also ransacked by the Songjiang Police.

The Dongfeng Public Security Sub-bureau and the City Public Security Bureau have been involved in unlawfully persecuting Falun Gong practitioners for more than ten years. Chen Wanyou and Liu Yan from the 610 Office also actively participated in the persecution. One night at 8 p.m., we were sent to Jiamusi Detention Center and detained there for eighteen days. During the custody we were fed hard cornbread and Napa cabbage soup without any oil. We were treated like criminals, and forced to wear prison clothing and do labor by packing toothpicks. Inmates would report back to the prison officers if we did not cooperate.

Without any court trial or legal recourse, on December 31, 2005 we were sentenced to three years of forced labor at Xigemu Forced Labor Camp in Jiamusi. After my husband Han Zhong was held at the detention center for fifteen days, instructor Chen Wanyou of the Domestic Security Division of the Jiamusi Public Security Bureau released my husband in exchange for 20,000 yuan from my family.

2. Torture at the forced labor camp

When we arrived at the forced labor camp, we had to sign the unlawful verdict sentencing us to three years. Policewoman Wang Xiurong swore and insulted us while instructor Yu Wenbin, Sun Huimin and Lu Yu tried to make us remove all of our clothes. I did not cooperate with them and stood firm. Yu Wenbin shouted at me and screamed at me to strip. When I was down to my bra and underpants, she pulled off my bra and threw it away. When she tried to remove my underpants, a fellow practitioner said: "She is having her menstrual period." Yu Wenbin did not care and just swore at me while pulling my underpants down to see if I was having my period. The male guards nearby smirked at me maliciously. In that moment I was deprived of all human dignity and as we were naked the police continued to search us with the door wide open.

Later on I was separated from the other practitioners. They tried to make me give up my belief in Falun Gong by forcing me to write the three statements. When I refused, policewoman Sun Huimin cursed at me and policewoman Li Xiujin shouted: "I am the person you named on the poster for persecuting Falun Gong, but can you do anything to me now?" Yu Wenbin slapped my face when I was off guard but I stood firm and would not sign. They forced my fingers apart and positioned the pen in my hand to sign the statement. I made it clear to them: "You are forcing me to sign, I did not sign it by myself."

Afterwards I was locked in a dark, cold and dirty room. The only window was covered with white paper, and the sunlight was blocked out. There was no blanket on the bed, which was a hard plank of wood. I was monitored continuously by a prisoner, and I was not allowed to talk or move. My feet were shackled.

One week later, I began forced labor at the workshop. I had to make car cushions for eight hours a day. I was under mandatory supervision and persecuted by the guards all day long. I was forbidden to speak, cross my legs in the lotus position, close my eyes, or move. Even in the bathroom I would be reprimanded if I said a few words. The guards often spoke offensively to Falun Gong practitioners and sexually assaulted them by searching them.

When new prisoners arrived, they would be forced to participate in persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

The guards taught them how to specifically persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The prisoners would be given term extensions if they did not persecute practitioners and reductions in their sentences if they did.

Falun Gong practitioners were forced to perform the hardest labor and eat the poorest food. They had to get up at 5 a.m. and wash their face and teeth very quickly or be abused. They were not allowed to walk side by side or talk to each other. If practitioners were found talking to others, the guards would shout and verbally abuse him or her. Some practitioners were so nervous that they lost control of their bowels. Only in groups of four could practitioners go to the bathroom. During the night if one person wanted to use the bathroom, the other three had to also go with him and as a result nobody slept well at all. If anyone broke the guards' rules, his or her term would be extended.

The hardest for me to endure was the mental torture. One time both doctor Li Xuena and the director of the forced labor camp tried to forcefully inject me with an unknown drug. There was no explanation or reason given for the injection. I firmly refused the injection, and removed the needle three times. Guard Li Xiujin cursed at me. At day six, my arms were full of puncture holes. I was emaciated and still the needle did not go through. They kept punching needles into my arms, and my blood was all over the floor.

When my arms were black and swollen I cried and begged doctor Li to stop. He only stopped when I fainted.

Had I not experienced this myself, I would have never imagined how severe the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) persecutes Falun Gong. However, police station director Yan Hongbin, who was in charge of persecuting us, was awarded a second-class merit by the CCP for his efforts and so-called skill in persecuting Falun Gong.