Additional Persecution News from China - August 11, 2010 (13 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in ten cities or counties in seven provinces. As per this report, four practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 14 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Laiyuan County, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Xiaoguo and Ms. Liang Yujin Arrested and Extorted
Ms. Li Xiaoguo, about 50 years old, is a Falun Gong practitioner in Donglonghu Village, Xiabeitou Township, Laiyuan County. When Ms. Li and Ms. Liang went to Baishikou Village to clarify the truth on the morning on August 6, 2010, Baishikou Village Party Secretary Zhang Shengli reported them to the police. Zhang Fang, a police officer from Domestic Security Division, and three other police officers arrested the two practitioners and took them to police department. Ms. Liang clarified the truth to police but was slapped in the face.
Following Ms. Li's physical exam, police sent the women to the Laiyuan Detention Center. The detention center officials refused to accept these two practitioners. Zhang Fang and another police officer released the two at 2:00 p.m. but extorted 6,000 yuan from Ms. Li, plus 250 yuan for medical examination, and 3,000 from Ms. Liang.
According to statistics, since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, Domestic Security Division officials in Laiyuan County have extorted at least 276,048 yuan from practitioners.
2. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Zhang Lizhong Arrested and Taken Back to Xinjiang--His Wife Also Arrested
Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhang Lizhong was arrested in Shenzhen City in mid-June 2010. After being detained for 15 days, he was sent to Kuerleba County in Xinjiang Autonomous Region where he used to work. His wife was also arrested in Xinjiang during her visit to her family.
3. [Xiantao City, Hubei Province] Mr. Zhang Jiaqing Arrested in Late July 2010
4. [Harbin, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Xiao Arrested
Ms. Xiao was arrested at around 8:00 p.m. on July 29, 2010. Her whereabouts are unknown. Her residence was ransacked two days later, and her computer confiscated.
5. [Kaifeng City, Henan Province] Ms. Liu Qingying and Ms. He Qiujie Arrested--Both Homes Ransacked
When Ms. Liu Qingying visited Ms. He Qiujie on the morning of July 31, 2010, agents from the Songmen Police Station arrested both of them and put them into the Kaifeng County Detention Center [Note: Kaifeng County is in Kaifeng City]. The practitioners' personal belongings including a motorcycle, were confiscated by police. Their homes were also ransacked and personal property was confiscated.
6. [Zhengding County, Hebei Province] Ms. Zheng Lanrui Illegally Arrested, Home Ransacked
Zhengding County police and 610 Office agents, together with urban police station officers, arrested Ms. Zheng Lanrui at home at about 9:00 a.m. on August 10, 2010, and ransacked the place.
Hu Jun, head of the Zhengding County 610 Office: 86-311-88022276 (Office), 86-311-88023755 (Home)
7. [Hebei Province] Mr. Guo Quansheng, an Employee from the Northern China Petroleum Corporation, Arrested
Mr. Guo Quansheng, a resident in Renqiu City, works for the Water-Electricity Plant, a division of the Northern China Petroleum Corporation. Bu Yunfei (Rennan Police Department), Dang Hui (Party Secretary of the Water-Electricity Plant), and workplace 610 Office agents arrested him on July 7, 2010. They sent Mr. Guo to Langfang Brainwashing Center.
Responsible person: Yang Lixin, head of Domestic Security Division; 86-13582677658, 86-317-2770767, 86-317-2770768
8. [Liaoning Province] Qiu Shihui Severely Injured from Brutal Torture
Ms. Qiu Shihui is currently a patient in the Liaoning Women's Prison Hospital. The abuse damaged the steel plate that had been surgically placed in her back, and led to another bone fracture. The wound is ulcerous and does not heal. Her family requested her release, but the request was denied.
9. [Tianjin] Mr. Qu Dengpeng and Mr. Wang Yuming Kept at the Dagang District Detention Center
Mr. Qu Dengpeng and Mr. Wang Yuming, both from the Dagang District, were arrested on July 15, 2010. They are now in the Dagang District Detention Center.
Teng Jinran, head of the Tianjin 610 Office: 86-22-83607019, 86-22-28376818
Wang Peihui, deputy head: 86-22-83607020, 86-22-88366744
Xu Shaohua, head of the Dagang District 610 Office: 86-22-63378580, 86-22-63378579
10. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Hou Guangtao Arrested
Mr. Hou Guangtao, a Falun Gong practitioner in his seventies, lives in Xinglong Town. As soon as Mr. Hou's son reported him to police, Xinglong Police Station and Guanghan State Security Bureau officials arrested him on August 7, 2010. Police are now detaining him at the Xinglong Town Brainwashing Center.
11. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Recent Update on Ms. Guo Hongyan's Circumstances
Ms. Guo Hongyan appealed with the Shengyang City Intermediate Court on June 10, 2010. The case was accepted on July 2. The judge responsible for this case is Fan Youming, 86-24-22763163.
12. [Liaoning Province] Illegal Hearing for Ms. Wu Lixian and Ms. Tian Jinling at the Nangou Detention Center
Practitioners Ms. Wu Lixian and Ms. Tian Jinling were subjected to an illegal one-hour hearing at 9:00-11:00 a.m. on August 11, 2010 at the Nangou Detention Center, Fushun City.
13. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhang Wanling and Ms. Huang Muhua Arrested the Afternoon of August 10, 2010