Name: Qiu Wei (邱伟)
Gender: Male
Age: 33 (born on December 22, 1969)
Address: Lingtou Village, Shuinan Town, Zhanggong District, Ganzhou City
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: June 29, 2002
Date of Most Recent Arrest: February 23, 2001
Most Recent Place of Detention: Jiangxi Province Second Forced Labor Camp (江西省第二劳教所 (高安劳教所))
City: Ganzhou
Province: Jiangxi
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, torture, detention

( Mr. Qiu Wei was tortured to death inside the Jiangxi Province Second Forced Labor Camp eight years ago. Two other practitioners, Mr. Liu Chaohui, see and Mr. Zhang Jun were also tortured to death.

Mr. Qiu Wei began cultivating Falun Dafa in July 1998. He was arrested in 2000, at his work in Mei County, Guangdong Province, and was taken back to be detained in the Ganzhou City Detention Center. He was tortured until he could not straighten his spine, and could only walk while stooped over 90 degrees. He was arrested again on February 23, 2001. Officers from the Shuinan Town police station took him to be detained in the Ganzhou Detention Center and sentenced him to two years of forced labor. He was taken to the Jiangxi Province Second Forced Labor Camp on March 13, 2001.

The Jiangxi Province Second Forced Labor Camp is located in Bajing Town, Gao'an City. Practitioners were forced to do slave labor for 15 hours per day while making Christmas lights. The most resolute of the Falun Dafa practitioners were forced to sleep even less. The camp administration notified Mr. Qiu Wei's father, Qiu Yuansheng, to pick him up in May or early June 2002. His father was very scared that he might die. Mr. Qiu Wei died on June 29, 2002, in the Camp.

Translated from


Mr. Zhang Jun, in his 30s, lived in Shangrao City, Jiangxi Province. He was arrested at the beginning of 2000, sent to do forced labor and locked in the Fourth Ward of Yongqiao Forced Labor Camp located in Jinxian County, Jiangxi Province. The Warden Huang was very cruel towards Falun Dafa practitioners, and instructed prisoners to brutally beat Mr .Zhang Jun and Mr. Wu Waiping from Yingtan City. Later Mr. Zhang Jun was transferred to the Gao'an Labor Camp (Jiangxi Province Second Forced Labor Camp) where he was tortured until suffering a blurry mind and talking to himself. He was released at the latter half of 2002, after his term was extended. He never gave in to the brainwashing, but died soon after being released.

Translated from

Category: Deaths