Name: Tong Langui (佟兰贵)
Gender: Male
Age: 44
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Laborer

Date of Death: 2007
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 19, 2000
Most Recent Place of Detention: Brainwashing center at Tangshan Textile University (唐山纺织大学洗脑班)
City: Tangshan City
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Detention, solitary confinement, beating, workplace dismissal, brainwashing.

( Tong Langui was a former employee of the Second Steel Plant at Tangshan Steel Company in Hebei Province. Because he practiced Falun Gong, he was persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for a long period of time. Under enormous and ongoing pressure, he suddenly had a stroke on October 26, 2005, and as a result could no longer take care of himself. Due to the persecution, he passed away in 2007 at the age of 44.

Mr. Tong went to Beijing near the end of July 1999, to peacefully appeal for Falun Gong. At the Fengrun Toll Station he was stopped and detained at the police division of the steel plant until September 5. He later managed to escape and went to Beijing to appeal again. He was arrested ten days later by local police and sent back to the steel plant.

Xuan Weiyin, the party secretary at the steel plant, along with plant director Wang Zhijun, sent Mr. Tong and twelve other Falun Gong practitioners at the plant to the Technical School of Tangshan Steel Company in Nuzhizhai Township, Kaiping District in late September. Falun Gong practitioners were detained there. It is a remote location and there was no public transportation. Xuan Weiyin arranged dozens of people to work in three shifts to monitor Falun Gong practitioners around the clock. Party secretaries at the workshop were assigned as group leaders for every session. Li Xiaochen, Wu Rumin, and Jing Fuqiang forced practitioners to write reports about what they were thinking. Those who went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong were locked in separate solitary rooms, and were handcuffed to a bed every day. They were also prohibited from leaving the room to talk to other people. Metal fences were installed around every solitary room, and all the windows were sealed, making it dark inside the rooms. The entrance to the corridor was also gated and locked at all times. It only opened upon special request. Since Mr. Tong Langui would not give up his belief, he was sent to a detention center for further persecution. He was not released until December, and afterward a serious offense was put on his record. When he returned to his workplace, he was paid only a partial salary.

Mr. Tong stayed with several Falun Gong practitioners in the summer of 2000. They were reported, and then discovered by party secretary Xuan Weiyin. He was later illegally detained at Fengnan Detention Center. At the detention center, he was beaten by prisoners, bloodying his mouth and causing him to lose a tooth. He was fired by his workplace after he was released in October, yet he was forbidden to leave the plant. He had to take on temporarily work there.

Party secretary Liu Zonglai sent him to a brainwashing center at Tangshan Textile University on December 19, 2000. Because he refused to give up his belief and protested the persecution, he was transferred to the detention center in January 2001. He was sent back to the brainwashing center one month later and was released that May.

He resumed his previous responsibilities after he went back to his workplace, but with the lower wage of a temporary employee.

Having being subjected to such physical and psychological torture and financial loss, Mr. Tong Langui had difficulty supporting his family. He had to borrow money to pay the tuition for his children, and his wife ended up divorcing him. Under the enormous and ongoing psychological pressure, Mr. Tong suddenly suffered a stroke while working on October 26, 2005. He was sent to the emergency room of Tangshan Steel Company Hospital. He received medical treatment for two months and had to pay over a hundred thousand yuan for the treatment. At that time, Liu Zonglai and Wang Zhijun were still pressuring him to sign a pledge to give up practicing Falun Gong, otherwise the medical costs would not be reimbursed.

After Mr. Tong was released from the hospital in January 2006, he was unable to take care of himself. His seventy-year-old mother had to care for him. He passed away over a year later, after suffering constant torment from the CCP.