(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Sun Jingping is a Falun Gong practitioner in the Jiangan District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. When she accompanied a practitioner's family to the Jiangan District Court on April 30, 2010, to file an appeal for the other practitioner, Judge Wu Shanrong called in police. Hu Shaobin and Zhang Jian from the Jianan District 610 Office and Luo Lin from the Jiangan District Domestic Security Division soon arrived to arrest her. They took her to Shenjiaji Brainwashing Center in the district, where she is still being held.

Ms. Sun, 63, has been arrested and detained twice before. The first time was on December 23, 2000, when she went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. When she saw police officers beating practitioners who were unfurling banners reading "Falun Dafa Is Good" at Tiananmen Square, she walked up to the officers and questioned their behavior. The police dragged her inside a police car and drove her to the Tiananmen Square Police Station. She was later transferred to the Haidian District Detention Center, where a male guard bombarded her with punches and kicks. The guards ordered all female practitioners to strip off all their clothes and jump around. Whoever refused was subjected to brutal beatings. None of the cells was heated even though it was late December in Beijing and very cold. Everything was cold--the food, the water, and the bed. One week later Ms. Sun Jingping was transferred to Wuhan City's Liaison Office in Beijing.

Ms. Sun was arrested for the second time on February 2, 2001, while she ws eating with a few former classmates in a restaurant. The police took her to an abandoned house and interrogated her using torture. Since she refused to answer their questions the way they wanted, they kicked her in her crotch. The police handcuffed her and drove her back to her home. They confiscated her Dafa books and cash before taking her to the Xima Police Station. They handcuffed each hand to one side of a metal chair and left her freezing in a room with all the windows open overnight. The next morning they took her to the Wuhan City Women's Center and kept her there for 15 days before transferring her to the Baibuting Brainwashing Center in the Jiangan District.

Ms. Sun Jingping was at the Baibuting Brainwashing Center for nine months. Every day two women kept a close eye on her around the clock. They did not let her speak with any other detained practitioners and did not let her study the Fa or practice the exercises. They made her watch and listen to slanderous programs on the radio or DVDs and read slanderous messages on banners. They put her a confined cell whenever they felt like it. They also deprived her of sleep and made her stand facing the wall.