Additional Persecution News from China - July 13, 2010 (11 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 11 cities or counties in 10 provinces. In this report, 3 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 13 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shaoguan City, Guangdong Province] Many Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested
At 3 p.m. on July 2, 2010, officers from the Qujiang District Police Department and the Qujiang 610 Office in Shaoguan City arrested seven local Falun Gong practitioners. Among them, Ms. Zhong Haining, Ms. Chen Yunmei and Ms. A Fen, have been sent to Shaoguan City. The others have been released.
2. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Mr. Zhang Weien and His Wife Persecuted
Mr. Zhang Weien and his wife are Falun Gong practitioners from Xilishan Village, Dakunlun Town, Zichuan District. On the night of July 6, 2010, the couple was taken away by officers from the Domestic Security Team and the 610 Office. Mr. Zhang's wife was released the next day. Mr. Zhang is still being detained.
3. [Xinji City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Cunxiang and Mr. Zhang Yunqin Arrested
At 4 a.m. on July 6, 2010, Li Jianhua, the Chief of the Tianjiazhuang Township Police Station in Xinji City, led officers to arrest Ms. Li Cunxiang and Mr. Zhang Yunqin. Because the two practitioners refused to renounce Falun Gong, they were directly sent to the Shijiazhuang Brainwashing Center.
4. [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] In June 2010, the Xiangtan Detention Center Informed Mr. Luo Xiangjiang that He Had Been Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
5. [Yakeshi, Inner Mongolia] Ms. Liu Lei Arrested and Her Home Ransacked
6. [Tangshan City, Hebei Province] Ms. Ma Liyuan Detained
At 9 a.m. on June 30, 2010, Ms. Ma Liyuan (in her fifties) from Fengrun District, was taken away by Wang Lizhi, Chief of the Third Patrol Police Team of Fengrun District, while she was talking to people about Falun Gong near the Jiaxing Market at Chengxi, Fengrun District. She was sent to the Fengrun Lockup Center.
7. [Jinping County, Guizhou Province] Ms. Zhao Qiuzhi Arrested Again
Ms. Zhao Qiuzhi works at the Jinping Industry and Commerce Management Office. On March 26, 2010, she went to a rural area to talk to people about Falun Gong. While she was distributing Falun Gong informational materials she was arrested by the local police and detained for one night. The next morning, the policemen confiscated Ms. Zhao's computer and printer from her home. On the afternoon of March 27, 2010, she was released.
On July 5, 2010, officers from the Jinping County Police Department again arrested Ms. Zhao Qiuzhi again and sent her to the Jinping Detention Center.
8. [Zigong City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Derong from Rong County Arrested by the Local Domestic Security Police
9. [Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Ji Baoshan Persecuted Severely at the Hulan Prison
On July 10, 2010, Mr. Ji Baoshan's family went to Hulan Prison to visit him. They saw that he was very thin and had a cough, his voice was hoarse, his buttocks oozed pus, he vomited, felt pain all over his body and had no energy.
10. [Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Hou Yanshuang Brutally Persecuted in the First Division of Shenyang Prison
Mr. Hou Yanshuang (in his fifties) from Lingyuan City, has been detained in the First Division of the Shenyang Prison for nine years, since October 2001. Because he would not give up his belief, he was brutally persecuted. As a result, he developed blood clots in many places in his brain, his blood pressure reached up to 230 and he had symptoms of a heart attack. In addition, Mr. Hou is partially paralyzed and cannot speak clearly. His family has requested his release on bail for medical treatment. So far, the prison has refused their request.
11. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Ms. Gao Mingxia Arrested on the Night of July 11, 2010