(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhang Tianjun is a Falun Gong practitioner in Qitaihe City, Heilongjiang Province. For practicing Falun Gong and clarifying the truth about the practice and the persecution, he was sent to a labor camp twice in the past ten years. Officer Meng Qinglong chained him to a tiger bench in March 2008. Meng also wrapped his head with plastic bags and clothing, causing Mr. Zhang to pass out from suffocation.

Below is part of the persecution that Mr. Zhang experienced, according to his personal statement.

When Jiang Zemin's regime began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, I went to Beijing with several other practitioners to appeal. We were, however, arrested by officers from the local liaison office in Beijing, and sent back to Qitaihe. I went to Beijing again with fellow practitioners in late October. After returning home, we were detained for 15 days.

Xu Gang, an officer from Xincheng Police Station in Qitaihe City, arrested me in March 2000, and I was detained at a detention center for three months. I went to Beijing again with fellow practitioners in July. After practitioners held up banners that said, "Falun Dafa Is Good," the police started to arrest practitioners and placed us in three buses. The police hit me in the head, kicked my head with their leather boots, and dragged me into the bus. We were taken to the Shijingshan gym, where there were more than 600 practitioners being held. After sitting in the open field overnight for two days, some of us, including myself, were taken to Mentougou Detention Center in Beijing. Seven days later, Xu Shengli, a security officer from Xinjian Mine in Qitaihe City, took us to the Qitaihe Coal Mining Detention Center.

When I arrived there, five or six police officers started beating and kicking me, and one of them hit me with a broom. Another officer forced a spoon of table salt into my mouth and didn't allow me to spit it out. They continued beating me until they broke my ribs. Afterwards, they forced me outside to do slave labor.

Several people continued beating me the following day, including Wang Lixin (head of Xincheng Police Station in Qitaihe City), Xu Gang (police officer), and Kou Yanlong (police officer). Even after I fell to the ground, they continued beating me and kicking my head.

After detaining me for two months, Zhang Heping, head of Qitaihe City 610 Office, sent me to Suihua Forced Labor Camp for a two-year term.

In the summer when I was listening to Master's Fa lectures, Qi Huazhi's son reported me to the police (Qi was the head of the street committee). Xu Gang, an officer from Xincheng Police Station, kicked my door open and came in to grab the audiotape. Xu Gang also took out his pistol and smashed my hands with it. Xu Gang then took me to a detention center, where I was detained for two months. My family paid about 1000 yuan through acquaintances so that I could be released.

At another time, several practitioners and I went to Qitaihe Detention Center to visit some practitioners. On our return trip, officers from Taonan Police Station took us to the police station. Then they went to ransack practitioners' houses, looking for personal property such as Dafa books, MP3 players, and satellite dishes.

The police detained me in a room all by myself and started to interrogate me, but I refused to answer any of their questions. Officer Meng Qinglong then chained me onto the tiger bench. He also wrapped my head with a plastic bag to suffocate me. He later wrapped my head in clothing, which caused me to immediately faint.

When I woke up, Meng Qinglong took my belt and whipped me with it. There was blood all over my face and head.

That evening, two directors from the Taoshan Police Station in Qitaihe Town and two other police officers came to interrogate me. After beating me and kicking me, they tied me to an iron chair for three days and nights without food. They then sent me to Qitaihe Detention Center.

One month later, a group of people arrived from Qitaihe City Domestic Security Division. After covering my head with a black cloth bag, they put me in a car and drove me to a building. After entering the room, I was handcuffed to heating pipes and deprived of sleep for six days. The officers beat me whenever I closed my eyes. After I held a hunger strike for four days, I was sent back to the detention center.

Twenty days later, I was sentenced to forced labor camp for two years and taken to Suihua Forced Labor Camp. As soon as I arrived there, the guards attempted to force me to write statements giving up my practice and renouncing Falun Gong. After I refused, several people beat me, including Gao Zhonghai (political head), Liu Wei (deputy political head), and You Kuibin (deputy head). They beat me so savagely that I became dizzy. They ordered inmates to write the statements for me. Under orders from Diao Xuesong, the inmates often beat me and extorted money from me.

Guard Wang Xiaobin ordered me to defame Master and Falun Gong. When I refused, he smashed my head against the wall. I was immediately blinded, and my face became swollen.

Due to the torture, I became extremely weak and even needed help to walk. The political head took me to the hospital for an exam. I was diagnosed with peripheral neuritis, chest pain, leg pain, and dizziness. I was nonetheless forced to do hard labor from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.