Name: Qin Shifang (秦世芳)
Gender: Female
Age: In her fifties
Address: Urumqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region
Occupation: Homemaker
Date of Most Recent Arrest: 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Urumqi
City: Urumqi
Province: Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region
Persecution Suffered: home ransacked, imprisonment, forced to stand, beating

( Practitioner Qin Shifang's health improved after she began practicing Falun Dafa. Before the 2008 Olympics in China, authorities from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) arrested and persecuted her because she told people the facts about Falun Gong. Ms. Qin passed away on April 20, 2010.

Before she started practicing Falun Gong, the 50-year-old Ms. Qin suffered from many illnesses. Because of the experience of losing her mother when she was five and being mistreated by her stepmother, she did not want to leave her two children behind by themselves, so she endured her suffering and struggled on.

In 1997, soon after she read Zhuan Falun, her hypertension and elevated cholesterol levels both returned to normal. The most striking change was that her rheumatoid arthritis, which had bothered her for over ten years, disappeared completely as she lived according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance.

Before the Olympics was held in 2008, Ms. Qin was arrested while distributing Falun Gong informational materials. Also, CCP agents came to her house at midnight and ransacked it. Her eldest child had a mental disorder, and the shock caused him to relapse.

Ms. Qin was sentenced to a year in prison, where she was given only cornmeal for her meals and forced to stand all day long. The police ordered some inmates who were drug addicts to beat and torture her. Her blood pressure went above 200. With her husband blaming her and her sons pressuring her, she could not resist the attachment to sentimentality and signed a guarantee statement against her will. After she was released, she regretted it greatly and cried all day long.

At home, Ms. Qin's health did not improve, and her blood pressure never returned to a normal level. She passed away on April 20, 2010.