(Clearwisdom.net) This article presents facts about the persecution of six Falun Gong practitioners in Lancang County, Yunnan Province: Mr. Hu Bingqing, 69; Mr. Li Xianze, 69; Ms. Wang Yanhong, 40; Ms. Zhang Lin, 65; Mr. Wang Yinghui, 36; and Ms. Lu Jingling, 48.

All Six Practitioners Arrested and Sent to Forced Labor Camps in 2001

Yang Jingze and Wang Jian from Lancang County Police Department Political and Security Section led a group of people on a raid of the homes of the above-mentioned six practitioners at 8:00 a.m. on June 11, 2001. They broke into the practitioners' homes and took their Dafa books and certain personal belongings. The practitioners were sent to the county detention center the following day and held there for about two months. All six practitioners were sentenced to forced labor on August 15, 2001. The male practitioners were sent to the Dapingba Forced Labor Camp and the female practitioners to the Dabanqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Kunming City.

Mr. Li Xianze was initially given a term of one and a half years, but camp officials extended his term by 217 days.

Four of the Six Practitioners Arrested Again in 2005--Each Given a Four-Year Sentence

More than twenty agents from the Siyu City 610 Office, the Lancang County 610 Office, and the Lancang County Police Department broke into the homes of Hu Bingqing, Li Xianze, Wang Yanhong, and Zhang Lin on the morning of January 10, 2005. They confiscated personal belongings, Dafa books, Master's audio lectures, computers, and printers before taking the practitioners to the county detention center. Zhang Lin and Wang Yanhong suffered greatly that night. Female guard Zhao Yu handcuffed their hands and feet together. They were unable to stand up and move around.

Ms. Zhang Lin's son-in-law later went to visit her. Persecutor Zhao Yu ordered Ms. Zhang to take some unknown drugs as a condition of her release. Not wanting to disappoint her son-in-law, Ms. Zhang swallowed the pills. As a result she felt muddle-headed and extremely sleepy and fatigued for the next several days.

Lancang County Court officials and those from the Procuratorate jointly held a covert trial of the four practitioners on March 29, 2005, giving each of them a four-year sentence. Hu Bingqing and Li Xize were sent to Yunnan Province First Prison while Zhang Lin and Wang Yanhong were sent to the Yunnan Province Second Women's Prison. While in detention, the four practitioners were subjected to cruel psychological torment and brutal physical abuse.

The prison guards forced Zhang Lin and Wang Yanhong to sit on hard benches from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. every day. They kept a close eye on the two practitioners, who weren't allowed to move. Guard Ding Hui also incited criminals to beat Zhang Lin, pull her hair, and prick her legs with needles. Criminals were ordered to handcuff Zhang Lin to a metal bed frame for 15 hours in a row one day. On another occasion, Zhang Lin was kept in a confinement cell for 40 days, during which time she was injected with unknown drugs. As a result, her heart momentarily stopped beating, she could not breathe, and was in critical condition.