Name: Liang Tingfu (梁庭富)
Gender: Male
Age: In his 70s
Address: Yuelianghu District, Jinmen City, Hubei Province
Occupation: Retired from Jinmen City Petroleum Chemical Products Corporation
Date of Death: April 2008
Date of Most Recent Arrest: 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Yuelianghu District Police Department (月亮湖分局)
City: Jinmen
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Extortion, home ransacked, interrogation
Key Persecutors: Sun Dehong (孙德红), Domestic Security Division Chief of Yuelianghu District Police Department (湖北荆门月亮湖公安分局国保大队教导员)

( Mr. Liang Tingfu began practicing Falun Gong in January 1996. Domestic security agent Sun Dehong kept harassing him and threatening him ever since 1999, when the persecution started. At the end of 2001, Sun Dehong arrested Mr. Liang at his home and then released him after extorting 5000 yuan from his son. Claiming that Mr. Liang handed out Falun Gong materials, Sun often called Mr. Liang at home and threatened to take him to a forced labor camp or prison. For a period of time, Mr. Liang dared not turn on the lights at home and dared not read Falun Gong books or do the exercises, fearing Sun might catch him.

In 2003, Sun arrested Mr. Liang and took him to the Yuelianghu District Police Department again and threatened him. Mr. Liang knew Sun would not leave him alone and went into hiding in his hometown in Sichuan Province for nearly two years. During this time, Sun tried to force Mr. Liang's son go to Sichuan to get Mr. Liang and bring him back. Mr. Liang could not free himself from his fear of Sun, and still dared not read Falun Gong books or do the exercises. After returning to Jinmen City in 2005, he had symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, and had forgotten the movements of the Falun Gong exercises. He was sure that his illness was the result of the long-term fear and inability to practice Falun Gong. He still wished to practice Falun Gong and donated 200 yuan for practitioners to print informational materials.

His health continued to deteriorate. Doctors found several tumors in his brain, and he could not be operated on. His family took him to stay in a temple for one year, but his condition worsened. He died in April 2008.