Additional Persecution News from China - June 12, 2010 (23 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 19 cities or counties in 14 provinces. In this report, 17 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 10 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Guo Hongyan and Mr. Ma Guoqi Appeal after Sentencing by the Shenhe District Court
2. [Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Yan Ting Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Persecution
Two years ago, Ms. Yan Ting was sent to Qiqihar Shuanghe Forced Labor Camp for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. After serving a two-year term she was released. However, she was frequently harassed by local police officer Liang Rui. She was forced to leave home and her whereabouts are unknown.
Officer Li Yongjun still harasses Ms. Yan's elderly parents.
Police officer Liang Rui: 86-452-4868975 (Home), 86-13999650246 (Cell)
Police officer Li Yongjun: 86-13054304012
3. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Shufen and Ms. Chen Xiaoying Sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
Ms. Yang Shuqin, Ms. Liu Shufen, and Ms. Chen Xiaoying were all arrested at the same time. Ms. Yang was released. Ms. Liu and Ms. Chen were sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Ms. Liu for two years and Ms. Chen for one and a half years.
4. [Yanji City, Jilin Province] Several Practitioners Transferred from Forced Labor Camp to Local Detention Center
Mr. Zhao Xueshun, Mr. Zhang Xingcai, Mr. Jin Guangri, Mr. Zhang Peiqi, and several other practitioners are currently detained at the Yanji Detention Center. They were brought back from the forced labor camp and are facing trial and sentencing.
5. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Liu Zhi Was Sentenced to Four Years in Prison by the Heping District Court; Both Ms. Liu and Her Family Have Appealed
6. [Pingdu City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Wang Arrested
A practitioner named Wang (first name unknown), 48, was arrested on June 9, 2010, at work in Luwang Town, Lizhou City.
7. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Liao Xiaolin Arrested
On June 16, 2010, officers from Qingshan Lake Police Station arrested Mr. Liao Xiaolin. When they arrived at Mr. Liao's computer repair shop, they confiscated his computer. Mr. Liao's mother and his five-year-old son were frightened and crying.
8. [Beijing] Mr. Xu Arrested
Officers from the Dahongmen Police Station in the Fengtai District, Beijing, recently arrested and Mr. Xu (first name unknown), who is in his 70s.
9. [Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province] Mr. Liu Yong Arrested
At around 10 p.m. on June 9, 2010, Zeng Qiuping, the chief of the Taohua Residential Committee, and several officers from the Taohua Police Station accompanied a locksmith to Mr. Liu Yong's home. They opened the door and broke in. They arrested Mr. Liu and ransacked his home. A computer, two printers, a DVD burner, and some blank disks were confiscated. The next day, when Mr. Liu's family tried to give him some clothes, Zeng Qiuping refused accept them and refused to tell his family where he had been taken.
Zeng Qiuping, chief of the Taohua Residential Committee: 86-13672221985
10. [Xianyang City, Shannxi Province] A Practitioner in His 50s Arrested
On the evening of June 10, 2010, a practitioner in his 50's was arrested in Xianyang City. He is from Shanbei and makes his living by delivering goods with his motorcycle. His is now in Weicheng Detention Center.
11. [Huai'an City, Jiangsu Province] Mr. Dai Mingxuan's Home Ransacked
Police officers from the Qinghe Domestic Security Division, including Chang Shulin and Wang Jianhuai, climbed over a wall to break into and ransack the home of Mr. Dai Mingxuan at around 9:15 a.m. on June 10, 2010. Two officers held Mr. Dai in one of the rooms while others started ransacking the place. They confiscated several Dafa books and a DVD player and left around 10:30 a.m. The police from the Qinghe District 610 Office and the Qinghe Domestic Security Division ransack Mr. Dai's home regularly. The home was ransacked three times in 2009.
12. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Yang Miao Detained in a Brainwashing Center
Ms. Yang Miao was taken to the Shijiazhuang Brainwashing Center by officials from her place of work. Ms. Yang's father has had a stroke and has difficulty walking. He also has high blood sugar and high blood pressure. Ms. Yang used to take care of him. He went to Ms. Yang's place of work to demand her release.
Yuan Shuqian, head of the Shijiazhuang Brainwashing Center: 86-13903115399
13. [Wuhai City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Gu Arrested
Practitioner Gu (first name unknown), 43, is from Inner Mongolia and works in Wuhai City. On May 31, 2010, local police arrested Gu in an Internet cafe. The police from Inner Mongolia came to Wuhai City. It was unknown if Gu was taken back to Inner Mongolia.
14. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Zhang Lizhong Arrested
Mr. Zhang Lizhong was arrested while at work in the Chegongmiao area, the Futian District, Shenzhen City, on June 10, 2010.
15. [Jining City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Maoyun Sentenced
On June 8, 2010, Ms. Zhang Maoyun was sentenced to three years in prison with five years parole. On June 10, 2010, she was sent to the Jinan Brainwashing Center.
Ms. Zhang and her husband, Mr. Li Ming, are from Yanzhou, Jining City. They were arrested on April 8, 2010. Mr. Liu was sentenced to seven years in prison and sent to Tai'an Prison on November 18, 2009. Ms. Zhang was out on bail at the time. She jumped bail and left home.
Ms. Zhang came back home after the 2010 Chinese New Year. In May 2010, she received notice from officials at work to return to her post. She was arrested when she went back to work.
16. [Baoji City, Shannxi Province] Mr. Liu Tao and Mr. Yang Yunxiang Arrested
On June 1, 2010, Mr. Wang Yinwen was arrested. That same day, Mr. Liu Tao and Mr. Yang Yunxiang from Shibahe area were also arrested.
17. [Wenling City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Lin Guilian Unable to Take Care of Herself after Long-Term Persecution in a Detention Center
18. [Wanzai County, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Guo Yunying Arrested at Home
On June 10, 2010, the Wanzai Police Department arrested Ms. Guo Yunying at home. Falun Gong materials were confiscated from her home.
19. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Xu Zhiyin in Tianhe Detention Center
Mr. Xu Zhiyin was arrested at home. The police confiscated his computer and other personal belongings. He is being held at the Tianhe Detention Center in Guangzhou City.
20. [Nide City, Fujian Province] More Information on the Persecution of Ms. Ma Cuiying and Ms. Chen Xingguang
Ms. Ma Cuiying and Ms. Chen Xingguang were recently sentenced to one year and nine months of forced labor. They were secretly sent to Fuzhou Women's Forced Labor Camp, but their families were not notified. Their families were not allowed to visit them in the detention center. Both practitioners, who are elderly, have been imprisoned and served time in forced labor since the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999.
21. [Changde City, Hunan Province] More Information on the Persecution of Ms. Yang Xianzhi
At around 10 a.m. on June 10, 2010, officials from the Miaoding District 610 Office ordered the Qiaonan Police Station to deceive several practitioners into reporting to the police station. Ms. Yang Xianzhi was arrested and taken to the brainwashing center.
Back on December 20, 2005, Ms. Yang was arrested by officials from the Miaoding District 610 Office. She was held in a detention center for one and a half years.
Wen Zeping, deputy director of the Qiaonan Police Station: 86-13973669922
22. [Wu'an City, Hebei Province] Ms. Shi Juru Sent to Brainwashing Center
On June 9, 2010, Anle Police Station and officials from the Wu'an City 610 Offices arrested Ms. Shi Juru from the Leyucheng area of Wu'an City. She was taken to a brainwashing center.
23. [Xishui County, Hubei Province] Ms. Yang Heying Arrested
On the morning of June 10, 2010, officers from the Xishui 610 Office arrested Ms. Yang Heying at the Shiyue Hotel in Qingquan Town.
June 11, 2010