(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Liu Yunfang, 63, from Naxi District, Luzhou City, Sichuan Province, was illegally arrested at 2:00 p.m. on March 31, 2010, while walking along Hexi Street. The director of the Naxi 610 Office, the team leader of the National Security Bureau Deng Song, and a police officer dragged her into a black vehicle, took her to the Anfu Police Station in Naxi District and then sent her to Naxi Court.

In court, Deng forced Liu Yunfang to sign a prepared document without letting her see its content. Ms. Liu later learned that it was the indictment statement.

Ms. Liu was secretly tried in criminal court on April 13, 2010. The proceedings included no kept record and lasted for 20 minutes. She was not given a chance to contact a lawyer for representation. Deng and police officer Shen Yanfei, who brought her to court, were in attendance.

Ms. Liu was previously arrested by the Baijie County police while she clarified the truth in Baijie County of Naxi District on October 31, 2009. She was detained at the Baijie County Police Station for 10 hours and then held at the Naxi Detention Center for a month. She was released on December 3, 2009, due to high blood pressure, but officials continued to monitor her.

Ms. Liu started to practice Falun Gong in April 1997. Her illnesses disappeared, and her short temper improved due to the practice.

Home Repeatedly Ransacked

On the morning of July 25, 1999, six or seven officials, including officers from the Anfu Police Station and director of security of the No. 7 Chemical Construction where Ms. Liu's husband worked, came to Ms. Liu's home and demanded that she turn over all of her Falun Gong books. When she refused, officers ransacked her home, confiscated the books and took her to the police station, where policemen Hu Chun and Lei Xiaoling questioned and physically abused her over a two-day period.

Lei Xiaoling from the Anfu Police Station and security officials from the No. 7 Chemical Construction came to Ms. Liu's home again at 11 p.m. on January 16, 2001, demanding that she sign prepared documents without telling her their content. Ms. Liu mistakenly believed that they were collecting census information and signed the papers. As soon as she signed the documents, the officials proceeded to ransack her home. Once they found some Falun Gong truth-clarifying materials and books, they arrested Ms. Liu and sent her to the Naxi Detention Center. She was detained for eight months and then transferred to a brainwashing center for 20 more days. She was released after the Naxi National Security Bureau of the Luzhou Police Station extorted 500 yuan from her husband. Officials continued to harass her with phone calls after she returned home.

Policeman Lei Xiaoling and other officers ransacked Ms. Liu's home for the third time in September 2002.

The National Security Bureau agents, 610 Office team leader Gao Li, police officer from the No. 7 Chemical Construction, and four others ransacked Ms. Liu's home again on the morning of June 15, 2003. They arrested Ms. Liu after finding two Falun Gong articles in her bedroom. She was detained at the Naxi Detention Center for one month and then sentenced to two years of forced labor. When she didn't pass the physical exam in the forced labor camp, she was brought back to the detention center for 15 additional days before being released.

Family Broken Apart due to the Persecution

Ms. Liu's husband supported Ms. Liu's Falun Gong practice and stood by her side through several arrests and detention periods. However, the 610 Office agents and police officers constantly threatened him, and he eventually filed for divorce.

Ms. Liu received the divorce papers in June, 2003, while she was in a detention center. However, she didn't agree to the divorce. When she was released, her husband did not let her practice Falun Gong. He said: "The police from the 610 Office asked me to watch you and ensure that you are not practicing, and they asked me to keep the money away from you in case you might use it for Falun Gong." Since Ms. Liu did not give up her belief and resumed the practice, her husband forced her to divorce him. In July 2008, he appealed to the Naxi Court to grant him a divorce because his wife practices Falun Gong. The court granted his request on March 31, 2009. Ms. Liu's daughter- in-law also cut Ms. Liu out of her life out of fear of reprisals from the authorities.