Name: Sun Xianfen (孙贤芬)
Gender: Female
Age: 64
Address: Anlu City in Hubei Province
Occupation: Retired teacher from Anlu City Experimental Middle School (安陆市实验初中)
Date of Death: November 23rd, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: May, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Anlu City Sili Detention Center (安陆四里看守所)
City: Anlu
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, brainwashing, beatings, imprisonment, solitary confinement, torture, physical restraint, home ransacked, interrogation, detention
Key Persecutors: Li Ling (李凌), Chen Xudong (陈旭东) and Shen Chao (沈超) from Anlu City Police Department. Chen Xinrun (陈新润) from Political Security Office of Anlu City Police Department. Officials from the Anlu City police station and Anlu City Experimental Middle School. Guard Yue Zhonggui from Anlu City Sili Detention Center. Chen Hui from the Fucheng Community Administration.

( After Ms. Sun Xianfen started practicing Falun Gong, she regained her health. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, she was harassed and persecuted repeatedly by the Anlu City Police Department and other officials. After enduring eleven years of physical and mental torture, Ms. Sun passed away on November 23, 2009.

Ms. Sun never married. She had a lot of integrity, and was honest and kind. She was very dedicated during her time as a teacher, and was well respected by parents and students alike.

In the year that she turned 45, Ms. Sun was unable to care for herself because of herniated disks and orthopedic illnesses. She was on sick leave for nearly a year with no improvement, even after undergoing many medical treatments. Her physician told her that there was no medicine for her illness, and suggested that she try qigong. She searched around and learned several types of qigong. Ms. Sun spent lots of money, but there was still no improvement.

In late June of 1996, Sun Xianfen was fortunate enough to learn Falun Dafa. While practicing Dafa, her days were happy and fulfilled, and she followed Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Her spirit was high, and her health was restored.

The persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, but Ms. Sun's faith never wavered. On every politically sensitive day, people came to her home to harass and threaten her. The one who came most often was Chen Xinrun from the Political Security Office in the Anlu Police Department. Officials from the Fucheng Community Administration, officials from the police station and the Anlu City Experimental Middle School often used the excuse of a meeting to try to make her write a guarantee letter not to practice Falun Gong. They also often telephoned her at home to monitor and harass her.

On the night of May 3, 2002, Chen Xinrun, Li Ling and one other person used the excuse of checking residential registrations and tricked Ms. Sun into opening the door. Once inside, they ransacked her home. When Ms. Sun tried to stop them, Chen Xinrun said hatefully, "I will eventually lock you up, and let you experience some real terror." That night, they confiscated some Dafa truth-clarifying materials. Several days later, on May 9, Chen Xinrun, officials from Ms. Sun's work place and others broke into her home. They ransacked her home and confiscated Dafa books. They continued the harassment several more times, and forced her to sign in their log book. While near her home, they watched her often. Every time they went to her home, Ms. Sun would tell them about the beauty of Dafa and her own experience of benefiting from it. She urged them to be kind, but none of them listened.

In May of 2003, officials from Ms. Sun's school called her and claimed that they wanted to talk about some issue with her. As soon as she opened the door, once again Chen Xinrun, Li Ling and Chen Xudoing came in and started to go through her things. Outraged by their deceit and illegal actions, Ms. Sun shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!"

The police then took Ms. Sun to the Anlu City Sili Detention Center, locked her up with the criminals, and forbade her from doing the Falun Gong exercises. Her left arm was black and purple from being grabbed by Chen Xinrun. Her right foot was purple from being stomped upon. Ms. Sun went on a hunger strike and was slapped in the face by guard Yue Zhonggui.

While in the Anlu City Sili Detention Center, Ms. Sun was abused both physically and mentally. Video cameras monitored her every move. For nearly ten months, she was given no peace and was not allowed to sleep well night or day.

During that period, Ms. Sun was taken to the local corrections center. Chen Xinrun, Li Ling, Chen Xudoing, Shen Chao and Chen Hui from the Fucheng Community Administration worked in three shifts to interrogate her. She was forced to stay awake 24 hours a day. She was only allowed to sit on stools that could not support her aching back. While she was suffering from extreme exhaustion, the policemen tried to force her to write a guarantee letter. She again refused. They took her back to the detention center and put her alone in a cell. The door on her cell was left unlocked day and night. She was watched every day by male prisoners brought in from another prison. The days were hot, and going to the bathroom, taking a shower and changing clothes were difficult. She was afraid to go to sleep, and almost every night, she just sat with her clothes on.

After she was released from the detention center, Ms. Sun continued to be extremely nervous and in a state of fear. She could not lead a normal life, afraid that she was being constantly monitored. Still, the police would not leave her alone; they harassed her at home repeatedly and tried unsuccessfully to have her sign documents. Ms. Sun passed away on November 23, 2009 after suffering years of persecution.

April 22, 2010