Mr. Yang Jixian in Hebei Province

Mr. Yang Jixian, 58, of Ma Village, Liuzhuo Township, Dingxin County, Hebei Province, was forced to go to the village government office, where he was detained and brainwashed for two months after July 20, 1999.

In October 2001, Mr. Yang was taken against his will to Liyuzhuang and persecuted for two months. They tortured him brutally, beating him with a rubber baton, hitting him with a wooden board embedded with nails, forcing him to stand military style and do push-ups--all in order to try to force him to give up his belief in Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. He sustained injuries all over his body, and had 1500 yuan extorted from him.

Around July 20, 2007, officers from the police station and village national security squadron, led by officer Ju Xiaotao, came and arrested Mr. Yang and took him to Dingxing Detention Center. They also ransacked his home, seizing the TV set, two large cooking pots, a cassette recorder, a VCD, and cassette tapes of Teacher's lectures. In the process, Mr. Yang's wife, Wei Suhua, and their eldest son, Yang Xiaosong, were beaten. Yang Xiaosong was arrested and taken to the Liuzhuo Police Station and had 700 yuan extorted from him. They released him only after Mrs. Yang's brother, Wei Naifa, came and begged for his release.

On August 7, 2007, Mr. Yang was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. He was released in 2008, after which they continued to hassle him. National security squadron staff Chen Ruitian and village officials went to his house and harassed him. On January 3, 2009, Mr. Yang passed away.

Mr. Jin Guangzhi of Haixing Village, Changzhou City, Hebei Province

Mr. Jin Guangzhi, 58, of Wutu Village, Haixing County, Changzhou City, Hebei Province, began to practice Falun Gong in 1998. His diabetes and many other illnesses all went away soon after. After seeing what had happened to him, many people began to cultivate. After Jiang Zemin's regime began to persecute Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Mr. Jin was twice arrested by the Haixing Police Department, taken to jail, and fined 8000 yuan. In 2006, he was arrested by officers of the police department of the neighboring Wuli County in Shandong Province and put in Wuli County Jail. Mr. Jin was tortured there for about two months and could not stand on his own without putting his life in jeopardy.

After Mr. Jin was taken home by his family, officers from the Police Department in Wuli County went to harass him at his home many times, which hampered his recovery, and he died on April 26, 2010, in Changzhou Second Hospital.

Ms. Wang Yaxian of Liaoning Province

Mr. Zhou Yanhua of Fushun City, Liaoning Province, was arrested by the 610 Office of the District Political and Judicial Directory and taken to Lutaizhuang Brainwashing Center after he distributed truth-clarification materials in the school and the principal reported it to the District Education Directory. His mother, Ms. Wang Yaxian, also a practitioner, was 88 years old at the time. She immediately lost the benefit of his care and was harassed by the police until her death on September 16, 2006, while her son was still in custody.