(Clearwisdom.net) I'm Ms. Cao Huamei and I am 43 years old. My family has a history of a genetic disease. My father and grandfather passed away in their fifties from liver disease. All my brothers and sisters, including myself, have hepatitis B. I came down with this disease before I reached forty. I sought medical help and spent a lot of money, but to no avail.

In December 2008 I was hospitalized in the People's Hospital for more than twenty days. Gradually, my bloated abdomen became bigger and I was losing my appetite. The doctor told me that I was critically ill and that I should move to a different hospital.

Due to the contagious nature of hepatitis B, my son and my husband could not get close to me. Yet my sister-in-law looked after me patiently. She is a Falun Dafa practitioner and had been telling me stories about Falun Dafa. Alas, I didn't believe her because my mind was filled with propaganda from the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Still, she continued telling me the facts about Falun Dafa.

Being moved by her sincerity, I started reciting "Falun Dafa is good," and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good" in my mind throughout an entire night, and I looked a lot better the next day. So I continued reciting these few words, and my health continued to improve. The hospital no longer asked me to change hospitals and I was released after more than twenty days.

I was a Christian and attended church services every Sunday. After I left the hospital, I again attended church services. Gradually, I gave up reciting "Falun Dafa is good" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good." From that time onward, no matter how well I looked after my needs, I was feeling weaker day by day.

Six months after I left the hospital, my illness returned. After again staying over twenty days in the hospital, my abdomen became increasingly more bloated. I couldn't wear my old clothes, and my physical condition continued to deteriorate. My husband and son tried to borrow money from relatives and friends. There was nothing more they could do except cry for me. I realized that there was no hope for recovery and cried often myself.

At this point, my brother and sister-in-law took me to their home. They studied Zhuan Falun with me and we listened to Master's audio lectures. They were looking after me and asked me to have faith in Master and the Fa.

Three days later, my face showed that I was getting worse. My sisters advised me to return home, and so did my husband. I was at a loss and concerned that my brother and his family might catch the disease. However, my brother and his wife were confident about my recovery and told me many stories about people recovering from illness after practicing Falun Dafa. They said that as long as I had faith in Falun Dafa and Master, there was nothing I could not overcome.

My faith in Dafa became more steady and I continued to study diligently and practice the exercises. On the sixth day I began to urinate continuously. My sister-in-law said this may be indicating that my body was being purified. I also felt much better. My belly was returning to normal, my face was turning rosy, and my appetite improved.

I lived in my brother's house for eighteen days. I eventually felt better than before I became sick. After returning home I considered myself a practitioner, doing the exercises and studying the Fa every day. In less than a month, I was able to do hard labor. I felt that I had a lot of strength. I am grateful to Master for saving me again.

I am now a Falun Gong practitioner. For nearly a year I have not needed to take any medicine. I now understand the purpose of life and I want to follow Master to return home. I feel very relaxed and want to thank Master for saving me.