(Clearwisdom.net) I work in a county hospital and began practicing Falun Gong in 1996. My husband contracted chronic hepatitis B over 10 years ago and tried all kinds of treatments without success. That changed, though, when we started practicing Falun Dafa.

1. Beginning the Practice

In the fall of 1996, my uncle introduced my husband and I to Falun Gong, so we decided to learn together.

We didn't have any Dafa books at that time, so we learned the exercises and their formulas first. We copied the formulas and then recited them. Later, I borrowed a copy of Teacher's Fa lecture videotapes, and we went to my sister's home in the evening to watch them. It didn't take very long for my husband to see Teacher's halo. At that time, we didn't know that it was Teacher's halo. He asked: "How come Teacher has curly blue hair?" My uncle responded: "That's Teacher's halo. Looks like your inborn quality is pretty good, and you have a good predestined relationship with Dafa." My sister and I went to bed past 11 p.m., but they kept watching until it was dawn and still didn't finish. My husband said: "Dafa answered all the questions I had. This Fa is truly wonderful. I want to learn!"

One time when we were watching Teacher's Fa Lecture 7, on the Issue of Treating Illness, my husband said to me: "In my liver area, something suddenly dropped." I couldn't fully believe what he said. At that time, we didn't have the exercise music, and didn't know how long we should exercise, so we did each exercise three times.

One night at 11 p.m., he felt like water was in motion inside his stomach. He went to the washroom, came back to bed, but he got up and went there again. He was back and forth like this until 5 a.m. He excreted all dark green liquid, yet his stomach didn't hurt and he was in high spirits. It was nothing like a case of diarrhea. The next morning, he went to work as usual. That evening from 11 p.m. onward, it was the same story - he started going to the washroom again until 5 a.m. This continued for three days in a row. He began to feel very light, and experienced the feeling of being truly illness-free. At that time, none of us understood that it was Teacher who cleansed his body, but we came to understand it later. We were in a hurry and pushed my uncle to find a copy of Zhuan Falun for us. When he returned, he brought us the Dafa book and exercises tapes. From that point on, we began to study the Falun Gong teachings and do the exercises on a regular basis.

My husband suffered from 1984 when he contracted the illness, until 1996 when we began practicing Falun Gong. Since 1996, when Teacher began to clean up his body and helped him discharge all the toxic elements, another 14 years have passed. My husband is very healthy, and I have witnessed these miracles firsthand.

2. Holding Myself to the Standards of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, Performing the Hospital Work Well, and Validating the Fa

Prior to May 1999, I was in charge of nurses in the bone department. I had a lot of work, and sometimes needed to work overtime in order to finish. Before I began practicing Falun Gong, I was doing my work well by following my own, lower ethical standards. After becoming a practitioner, I understood that the only way to measure good and bad was with Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Following these universal standards, I treated colleagues and patients well, and fulfilled my responsibilities to the fullest extent. Before the persecution, I was recognized as an advanced worker every year at our hospital by either the City Health Department or the health bureau in our province.

The corruption of society affected our hospital as well, but I never accepted any gifts or bribes from patients or their family. When it came to the work in our department, I required doctors and nurses to strictly follow the book on every operation. I continually checked their work and asked them to correct their mistakes in a timely fashion. When nurses felt resentful towards some of the treatment that the doctors received, I spoke with them about the principles of loss and gain in Dafa, helping them understand the principle that one can't get what one doesn't deserve, and about "no loss, no gain." Many people felt that Dafa was great and wanted to learn, so I helped them to obtain copies of Zhuan Falun. At that time, seven people in our department began Dafa cultivation.

3. Utilize All Means Available to Clarify the Facts and Validate the Fa Amidst the Persecution

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Because I was steadfast in practicing Dafa, officials from the Health Bureau issued a document that eliminated my position, and then assigned me to the busiest department, which was neurosurgery. I was very diligent at work, visiting patients on time and closely monitoring their condition, especially when I was on a night shift by myself. Oftentimes due to my observations, patients' conditions improved and received timely treatments. As a result, I was well respected by everyone in our department, including nurses, doctors, and the department head.

During the Chinese New Year in 2000, four practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong, but were taken back and held in the detention center. From then on during the holidays, the CCP's congressional sessions, or any other important dates, hospital officials sent people to monitor practitioners. Hospital officials announced at meetings that no one should allow practitioners to take a few days off consecutively to prevent them from going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. Hospital officials also requested that all employees sign a document verifying that they didn't practice Falun Gong. I refused, and said: "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa and the negative information broadcast on TV was fabricated." We used our evenings and vacation days to distribute flyers, hang up banners, put up sticky notes, and clarify the facts to people. One evening in the spring of 2000, practitioners in our city posted banners together overnight which read, "Falun Dafa is wonderful, Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is wonderful" on the main street in the city, and roadside leading into the city. This act frightened the CCP officials and the 610 Office, and the police bureau sent officers to companies with practitioner employees to investigate, asking those companies to closely monitor practitioners. However, we did not stop studying the Falun Gong teachings, doing the exercises, or explaining the facts to people. Teacher said:

The awakened esteem what is beyond this world

The devout cultivator sets his heart on Consummation

When great is the ordeal, keep steadfast

The will to be diligent never bowed ("Steadfast" from Hong Yin)

Prior to the congressional sessions in 2003, a person who claimed that he worked for the police station came looking for me. He asked me if I practiced Falun Gong, and I replied: "Of course, it's such a wonderful practice, why shouldn't I?" At approximately 6 a.m., on February 27, 2003, police officers came to our home and arrested my husband, me and two other practitioners. We were detained in a hotel, and each person occupied a separate room. People then started trying to brainwash us. At the beginning, I was able to resist using righteous thoughts. Later, because I became afraid that my parents would worry about me, I wrote the three statements against my will to give up Falun Gong. After I was released, I studied the Falun Gong teachings diligently and made up my mind to do well in what a practitioner should do.

4. Setting up a Family-Run Materials Center, Walking the Path of Assisting Teacher in Fa-Rectification

In the past, we were dependent on other practitioners to deliver Dafa materials to us and worked passively. In order to save more sentient beings, we bought a photocopier in 2002, and began to prepare materials ourselves and helped to supply some practitioners. After CCP agents arrested and detained us at the brainwashing center, police officers searched our home a few times, but they didn't find the photocopier. Later, my brother moved it out of our home. After we came back from the brainwashing center, we bought a computer and printer, and with other practitioners' help, we registered an overseas email account that enabled us to subscribe to the Minghui website. Later, we learned how to download articles and print them. From then on, our family materials printing center became operational.

In March 2004, our home was ransacked while my husband was there. The officials considered him to be a "leader" among practitioners. In order to locate evidence that we were Falun Gong practitioners, they turned our home upside down, and found a few copies of Teacher's new articles. They also confiscated all of my son's (a non-practitioner) DVDs, as well as portraits of Teacher, a computer, a printer, tape recorder for playing exercise music, and exercise music tapes.

After my husband was arrested, I spoke immediately to a practitioner to expose it on the Internet. Soon after, practitioners outside of China made phone calls. Police officers said: "Since so and so came, your practitioners from outside of China have been calling nonstop, we need to switch to a new number." This truly demonstrated what Teacher said: "Dafa disciples are one body, ..." ("Do Not Differentiate Between Fa-Rectification Projects; "A Great Way Has No Form" But Exists As a Whole (With Master's Comments")) Our local practitioners kept sending righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil. After my husband was held for 45 days, the head of the 610 Office and officials heading the police bureau insisted on sentencing him to three years in a forced labor camp.

My husband was taken to the brainwashing center in the Shandong Province Law Enforcement Educational Center. We continued sending righteous thoughts and kept doing the three things well, exposing the persecution of practitioners to the local citizens. Our relatives felt a great deal of stress, knowing that my husband was to be thrown into a forced labor camp. After he was detained at the brainwashing center for 40 days, he wrote the three statements against his will, and then he was released.

After his release, we seized the time to study the Fa, discovering our attachments and then eliminating them. We decided to make truth-clarification materials, save sentient beings, make up for the losses, and cultivate Dafa diligently to the end. Soon after we had these wishes, practitioners began delivering machines to our home, so our home materials printing center was up and running again.

At our materials printing center, we can upload and download information, print, burn DVD's, and make books, posters and other items. Under Teacher's care, we have been running it smoothly. We have also managed to assist fellow practitioners to establish another twenty printing centers, which has achieved a great effect in truth-clarification and saving sentient beings.

Thank you Teacher!