(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Huang Songdong, over 60, is from Pingxiang City, Jiangxi Province. She was sent to Nanchang Women's Forced Labor Camp for talking to people about Falun Gong. On March 5, 2010, Ms. Huang was arrested, and she was only released after her son was blackmailed for 20,000 yuan.

On the morning of March 5, 2010, while Ms. Huang Songdong was talking to people about Falun Gong and distributing truth-clarifying materials in Mashan Town, Pingxiang City, she was arrested by town officials and sent to the Xiangdong District Police Department. She was sent to the municipal detention center at about 5 p.m.

Ms. Huang was subjected to one and a half years of forced labor on March 11, and was sent to Nanchang Forced Labor Camp. However, she was rejected for health reasons.

Her family members went to the labor camp to pick her up on the next day. That was when she learned that her son had been blackmailed for 20,000 yuan as a condition of her release. When she arrived at home, she found out that police had used her key to enter her apartment while no one at home and took away her computer and cell phone.

Ms. Huang had high blood pressure, Meniere's disease and other ailments before practicing Falun Gong. She had spent a great deal of money to look for a cure but failed. In May 1995, she started to practice Falun Gong and soon all the symptoms were gone. She has enjoyed good health from then until she suffered terrible abuse while in police custody.

Ms. Huang went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on April 22, 2000. She was arrested and handcuffed with both hands behind her back. After being sent back, she was subjected to forced labor. All together, she has been subjected to forced labor five times. In Nanchang Forced Labor Camp, she suffered all kinds of torture both physically and mentally, and her life has been in danger several times. She was hung up many times and beaten by the inmates assigned to her by the guards. She has been on hunger strike many times and was subjected to force-feeding. She was handcuffed in a position where she was only able to sit for a total of 18 days.

Once in 2006, guards Lu Xiuying, Hong Chuanghua, and Zhou Shuhua, despite warnings from the doctors not to do so, tied her hands and feet to the bed and force-fed her. Ms. Huang started to vomit blood at around 3 a.m. Only then was she untied from the bed and sent to the hospital. Later, they demanded that she pay all the medical costs and other miscellaneous fees, including a "transportation fee" of 20 yuan, as well as the cost of the meals the two guards had in the hospital.