Name: Wang Cuiyan (王翠燕)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Liutuo Village, Wangdu County, Baoding City, Hebei Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 27, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Shijiazhuang City Women Forced Labor Camp (石家庄女子劳教所)
City: Shijiazhuang
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: detention, illegal sentencing, forced brainwashing, torture, beating
Key Persecutors: Zhu Junyue (朱军乐), Zhonghanzhuang Township Police Station Director; Lu Yaqin (吕亚琴), Guard from Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp

( Wang Cuiyan, from Liutuo Village, Wangdu County, Baoding City, Hebei Province, served one year and one month in a forced labor camp because she practiced Falun Gong and conducted herself based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. After her release from the forced labor camp, her family did not allow her to stay at home, for fear that the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) would harass them again. Wang Cuiyan had to live elsewhere. Under such circumstances, she could not help but lament, "Why is it so hard to be a good person living in a society governed by the CCP?"

Wang Cuiyan began to practice Falun Gong in 1998. She cultivated her xinxing according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. She was strict with herself, got rid of many bad habits, and became a healthy person. Wang did not mind forbearing hardships and liked to help others.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin and a group of CCP officials began the persecution Falun Gong. They fabricated rumors and falsified facts to defame Falun Gong and to deceive the world's people. Practitioners were beaten, arrested, sentenced, and sent to forced labor camps and brainwashing centers. Wang Cuiyan's husband was deceived by the false propaganda produced by the CCP. He often beat Wang because she did not want to give up the practice. On one occasion he hit her rib cage three times with the blade of a knife. He also often threatened to divorce her. In December 2004, he took Wang Cuiyan to the Wangdu County detention center to be placed in detainment.

In July 2008, CCP authorities used the pretext of preparing for the Olympic Games to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. Officers from various levels of Wangdu County arrested more than twenty practitioners, took them to detention centers, sentenced them, and sent them to brainwashing centers and forced labor camps. After being held at a detention center for fifteen days, Wang Cuiyan was taken to a brainwashing center for more than forty days.

On December 27, 2008, Zhu Junyue, the police chief of the Zhonghanzhuang Township Police Station of Wangdu County, and several others, went to Ms. Wang's home to harass her. They did not show any identification or a search warrant and forcibly took her away. When Wang asked Zhu, "I'm being a good person by conducting myself based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. What is wrong with that?" he replied, "You are against the CCP because you practice Falun Gong and do not take medicine. If you don't take medicine, the medicine manufacturers cannot pay their employees. Eventually the manufacturers will go out of business. In today's society we have to benefit each other, and if you do not do things accordingly, aren't you against the CCP?" In the past, he had said to other practitioners, "You can add me to your list of persecutors since I'm not afraid of retribution." Wang was taken to the detention center and sentenced to one year of forced labor. Not long after, Zhu Junyue went to a temple fair at Fujiaying Village. Someone chased after Zhu and followed him outside of the village; Zhu was stabbed three times with a knife. (Note: Practitioners are kind to others and do not seek revenge on those who harm them. We hope that those who persecute practitioners stop their bad deeds to avoid retribution.)

During the detention at the Shijiazhuang Women's Forced Labor Camp, the authorities used false propaganda to brainwash Ms. Wang; however, she refused to cooperate with them. Consequently, she was tortured and monitored. They ordered her to stand for a long time. Lu Yaqin, the guard, slapped her in the face three times and said, "If you are going to die, you'll die standing up. We have plenty of methods to torture you. So if you die, it will count as a suicide."

Because Ms. Wang often had to stand for long periods of time, her legs were so swollen that she could not walk. They tried to destroy her spirit too. For two months, she lost her memory and could not recognize familiar faces. She was not able to see well. To her, porridge and bread both appeared to look green in color.

Authorities at the forced labor camp kept Ms. Wang for an additional month. After she was released, her husband and daughter were afraid that the CCP authorities would harass them again. Thus, they did not allow her to stay at home. Wang Cuiyan had to move elsewhere and do physical labor to make a living.

March 28, 2010