Name: Zheng Baohua (郑宝华)
Gender: Female
Age: 31
Address: Renqiu Huabei Oilfield in Hebei Province
Date of Most Recent Arrest: July 6, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention: Tangshan Kaiping Forced Labor Camp (唐山开平劳教所)
City: Tangshan
Province: Hebei
Persecution Suffered: Electric shocks, sleep deprivation, beatings, suspension by handcuffs, imprisonment, solitary confinement, force-feedings, and denial of restroom use

( Ms. Zheng was taken to the Tangshan Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in July, 2008. She was tortured. Because she appeared to have tuberculosis and was close to dying she was released on November 15, 2009. However, in 2010 agents began checking on her health with the idea that should she recover from her illness they would take her back to the camp.

Zheng Baohua was a high school student in 1999, and was forced to quit school when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) decided to persecute Dafa practitioners in July 1999. During the past eight years she has been imprisoned, tortured, and illegally sentenced many times.

On July 6, 2008 Ms. Zheng was clarifying the facts about Falun Gong in the Zunhua district of Tangshan city when she was arrested and taken to a brainwashing center. There she was beaten and forced to listen to abusive statements for 10 days. After that, she was sent to the Kaiping Forced Labor Camp.

At the labor camp she was beaten, made to stand for long periods of time, not allowed to use the restroom, not allowed to sleep, brutally force-fed, etc. What follows are details of her suffering.

In early November 2008 she was beaten by a police officer, Wang Wenping. Another policeman, Lu Haicun, used an electric baton to hit her hands. She was handcuffed to a chair for four days. It was cold in November at Tangshan and the guards opened all the windows of the room she was in. Eventually, she passed out and fell to the ground.

On February 26, 2009, Dafa practitioners, Zheng Baohua and Liu Xiaojun, were handcuffed to chairs for nine days after they were discovered doing the Falun Dafa exercises. On the tenth day they were allowed to return to their room but not allowed to sleep. They were chained to their bed frames in an awkward position so that they could neither stand nor sit. This went on for seven days.

The day after they were unchained, a group of police officers came in to beat them with batons and electric batons, because they were performing the sitting exercise. Then, Zheng was handcuffed to a chair for 11 days. The guards who beat and tortured the women are Wang Wenping, Yan Hongli, Ding Xiaoguang, Yang Haifeng, Wang Yufen, and Jia Fengmei.

On March 26, 2009, Ms. Zheng went on hunger strike to protest the abuse and the torture she had experienced. She was beaten again for causing a fuss. They grabbed her by the hair and fiercely slapped her, causing her face to bleed. The next day, Ms. Zhang was force-fed again. The prison doctor Wang Hongli and He Hongwei inserted the feeding tube into her lung several times. When the tube was taken out, the tube was covered with blood. Every time after the force-feeding, Ms. Zheng's nose bled, she had diarrhea, vomited and felt extreme pain all over her body. Furthermore, she was not allowed to use the restroom. The inhuman treatment led to a serious deterioration in her physical condition and she suffered unendurable pain.

In May of 2009, she became feverish and was coughing a lot. However, the force-feeding continued. By November 15 she had a high fever and lost consciousness. When she was sent to the hospital for testing, the doctor concluded that she had tuberculosis and was about to die. To avoid responsibility for her poor physical condition, the officials called Zheng's family to come and take her home.

Tangshan Kaiping Forced Labor Camp Tel: 86-315-3363939, 86-315-3363751, 86-315-3363752, 86-315-3375878