(Clearwisdom.net) On December 24, 2008, the police illegally arrested Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Guo Guozhu from Liangshan County, Shandong Province because he clarified the truth about Falun Gong to the public. Later, he was held at a detention center, where guards instigated criminal prisoners to beat him. Under pressure from Mr. Guo's relatives, Mr. Guo was released, but his elderly mother passed away due to the emotional trauma.

On December 24, 2008, when 60-year-old Mr. Guo Guozhu was clarifying the truth about Falun Gong at Wanglaojun Village, Zhaogudui Township, Liangshan County, Shandong Province, someone reported him to the County Politics and Law Committee. Led by Liu Chuanxiu, the secretary of the Politics and Law Committee, Director Wang of Zhaogudui Township Police Station and several other police officers illegally arrested him and took him to the police station. They sent others to ransack his home. They confiscated Dafa books, a picture of Master Li, pocket money, a pair of earrings and a pin with the Falun emblem on it.

After police tortured Mr. Guo Guozhu at the police station, he was sent to a detention center, where he went on a hunger strike in protest of the persecution. Instigated by the director of the detention center, the inmates there beat Mr. Guo Guozhu. He was also forced to do labor peeling garlic. He refused to do the work, so a group of prisoners knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the chest at his sternocostal site until he promised to do the job. They said, "We just follow orders and we can kill you without taking responsibility. We will say that you died from some acute illness."

Mr. Guo Guozhu was released after he had been persecuted for seven days, but only after his family and friends carried his nearly 80-year-old mother, who had been confined to her bed for more than two years, to the village police station. Mr. Guo was her only son, so she had no one to care for her. Finally the director of Zhaogudui Township Police Station came to the detention center and released Mr. Guo. Four days later, his mother passed away in fear and sorrow.

Just one day after his mother's funeral, the police station again attempted to illegally send Mr. Guo Guozhu to prison, but they did not find him. With the help of his relatives and friends, Mr. Guo Guozhu escaped from danger.