Name: Zheng Fengxiang (郑凤祥 )
Gender: Male
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Most Recent Arrest: June 13, 2007
Most Recent Place of Detention: Gongzhuling Prison in Jilin City (吉林市公主岭监狱 )
City: Jilin
Province: Jilin
Persecution Suffered: Sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, torture, extortion, physical restraint, force-feedings, interrogation, detention
Key Persecutors: Li Chengbao, Wang Shouyi, Gao Xiang

( Mr. Zheng Fengxiang, a practitioner in Jilin City, Jilin Province, has suffered extensive abuse at the Jilin City Police Department, several police stations, detention centers, labor camps and the Gongzhuling City Prison. He is being held at the Gongzhuling Prison in Jilin City after being unlawfully sentenced to 4 years in prison.

Zheng Suffers Contagious Pulmonary Tuberculosis as a Result of Severe Abuse in Prison

On the morning of February 11, 2010, Mr. Zheng's family and relatives went to visit him in the Gongzhuling Prison. Only then did they learn from the prison guards that Mr. Zheng had suffered from contagious pulmonary tuberculosis and had been hospitalized for over a month. When they last visited him in November 2009, Mr. Zheng was in a normal condition. They have questioned what had happened to him within a few months and whether the prison authorities were hiding something by not notifying his family about his illness. The guards did not let his family see him, which made the hospitalization more suspicious.

Mr. Zheng Arrested, Beaten, and Sentenced to Prison for Visiting His Practitioner Wife in Prison

On June 13, 2007, Mr. Zheng, his son Zheng Yunlong and three relatives went to visit his wife Ms. Li Wenhua, unlawfully held at the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City and sentenced to 15 months of forced labor. The guards from the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp conspired with officers from the Gaoxin Police Department and the Changjiang Road Police Station and arrested Mr. Zheng. The officers then viciously beat him. He was released after suffering severe injuries. As of July 2, Mr. Zheng had not fully recovered from the police beatings. He went to the Zhangjiang Road Police Station to request the return of 5,800 yuan that had been extorted from him. He was arrested again and transferred to the Jilin City Detention Center on July 28, 2009.

Mr. Zheng was unlawfully held at the detention center until April 2009. During his term, Wang Shouyi and Gao Xiang, from the Chuanying Police Department in Jilin City, officials from the Chuanying Procuratorate and the Chuangying Court, and Cao Li and Jin Yujie from the Jilin City Court participated in the persecution. Mr. Zheng was eventually sentenced to 4 years in prison by the Jilin City Court and taken to the Gongzhuling Prison in Jilin City.

Police Beat Zheng's Entire Family, including His Teenage Boy

On July 14, 2006, eight police officers led by Wang Hongwei, deputy director of the Changjiang Road Police Station, broke into Mr. Zheng's home. The police arrested him, his wife, and their 17-year-old son Zheng Yunlong, who was in high school. The police took the family of three to the police station and tortured them during the interrogation.

Li Chengbao lifted 17-year-old Zheng Yunlong off the ground. Li tore the skin of the young man's mouth, and twisted his nose. Li went into a craze kicking Zheng's abdomen, chest, and legs. The officers took turns to threaten him in order to extract information. Zheng was kicked onto the ground repeatedly. He was deprived of sleep around the clock. It was not until July 16 that he was allowed to return home. Zheng Yunlong suffered mentally and he experienced symptoms of nausea and dizziness. He was not able to concentrate.

Mr. Zheng Fengxiang was also lifted off the ground. The officers punched and kicked him. They smashed his head with their shoes, and poked his eyes and temples with plastic bottles. The torture lasted over six hours. Each time Mr. Zheng lost consciousness, the officers brought him back by pouring cold water over his body. Li Chengbao kept yelling at him, "Remember that my name is Li Chengbao. It's up to you to find a place to file a complaint." Mr. Zheng was unlawfully sentenced to forced labor. When the police took him to the Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jiutai City, Jilin Province, he was in such a weak condition as a result of the police beatings that he could not pass the physical exam. The labor camp refused to admit him.

Mr. Zheng Suffered Numerous Beatings in the Past

Mr. Zheng has been arrested several times. Each time he was brutally beaten and tortured.

On July 24, 2000, he was arrested by officers from the No. 1 Division of the Jilin City Police Department. Sun, the division head, and several other officers tortured him by holding his head in the frame of a wooden chair. They poked and punched his ribs. He suffered from excruciating pain and almost passed out. He was later sentenced to 2 years of forced labor and taken to the No. 4 Division of the Jilin City Forced Labor Camp.

In the labor camp, he was again brutally beaten. One of his ears was damaged. Three months later, he managed to leave the labor camp with strong righteous thoughts.

At 9:00 p.m. on December 23, 2000, Mr. Zheng was arrested by officers from the Changchun Road Police Station while distributing truth clarification materials. The officers beat him for five consecutive hours. They then stripped him naked and pushed him out to the street. That winter was the coldest one in a decade. Mr. Zheng shouted, "Everyone come here to look. This is how the police beat a Falun Gong practitioner!" The officers were afraid some pedestrians may see them and dragged him back into the room. They continued to beat him and poured cold water onto his body. Mr Zheng refused to give them any information after hours of torture. The police handcuffed him to a water pipe and kicked him in the groin.

On February 6, 2001, Mr. Zheng Fengxiang was taken to the No. 2 Cell of Ward 001 in the Jilin City No. 1 Detention Center. The cell is about 100 square feet and holds over 20 inmates. There were several inmates on homicide charges. Wang Zhong, the guard in charge of the cell, ordered inmates to force Mr. Zheng to read newspaper articles that defame Falun Dafa. Zheng refused. He was violently beaten, stripped of his clothes, and dragged to the restroom. The inmates poured two large buckets of ice water on his head. That day the temperature was below minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit. When they ran out of water in the bucket, the inmates stretched his limbs and stepped on his bare feet. They then spun their bodies. Both of Mr. Zheng's feet became swollen and ulcers developed on the inside of his feet below the ankles.

The inmates who participated in the inhuman torture were: Yang Chunong from Jilin City, Sha Yuntao from Beiji Street, Jilin City, Lu from Huadian City, Jilin Province, and Qu Wengang from Changchun City.

In November 2001, several Falun Dafa practitioners who had refused to write statements renouncing Falun Gong at the Intense Supervision Team were lined up in the Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp. The practitioners were forced to sit down with their legs crossed in the lotus position. The guards tied up the practitioners' legs with ropes. Han Jing, the division head, gave orders that if any practitioner moved slightly, the guards and inmates would beat him until he passed out. The practitioners were forced to sit in this position for as many as 22 hours a day. The skin of the practitioners pealed off when they removed their pants to use the toilet. Blood dripped down their ankles.

The guards involved in the torture are Han Jing, division head, Chen Haijun, and Zhao Hailong (the most vicious).

The inmates involved are Guan Lijun, from Shulan City, Jilin Province, and Liang Feng, from Jiaohe City, Jilin Province.

On March 23, 2002, the guards in the Jiutai Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province conducted so-called forced "transformation". Seven or eight officers holding four electric batons surrounded Mr. Zheng and viciously beat him. The beatings lasted over two hours. Mr. Zheng's head and body were stained with blood. His face was beaten out of shape. He remained dizzy for nearly a week.

The police officers who participated in the beatings were Zhao Fengshan, Tang Bo, Liu Xiduo, Tan, and four officers in training.

On February 3, 2004, Mr. Zheng was arrested by officers from the Gudianzi Police Station for spraying truth clarification messages. Du Xueren went insane kicking and smashing Mr. Zheng before he was stopped. Mr. Zheng walked out of police custody in 21 days with strong righteous thoughts.

On February 15, 2004, Mr. Zhang and his wife were taken to the Jilin City No. 3 Detention Center. They refused to cooperate with the guards. As the guards were putting shackles over his body, Mr. Zheng shouted, "Falun Dafa is great!" He went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. On the fourth day of the hunger strike, the guards force-fed him through his nostrils, which inflicted excruciating pain.

The officer who instigated the abuse is Cong Maohua, director of the Jilin City No. 3 Detention Center.

March 2, 2010