Additional Persecution News from China - February 27, 2010 (14 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 12 cities or counties in 12 provinces. In this report, 4 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 14 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Fuzhou City, Fujian Province] The Persecution of Former Judge Guan Yujing
Former Judge Guan Yujing, a Falun Gong practitioner, had presided over the Fujian Province Supreme Court. On January 30, the Taijiang District Court in Fuzhou City held a hearing involving the case of Ms. Guan, with Judge Chen Wen presiding.
During the past ten years, Ms. Guan has been persecuted repeatedly. She was sent to a psychiatric hospital twice, sentenced to forced labor once, and sentenced to four years of prison. She is being detained at the Fuzhou City First Detention Center. The is the fifth time that her case has been heard in the Taijiang District Court.
2. [Chongqing] Ms. Li Yulian's Whereabouts Unknown
Ms. Li Yulian, in her fifties, was arrested in July 2009. Her whereabouts are unknown.
3. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Liu Yantao, Her Mother and Sister Arrested
On January 14, 2010, Ms. Liu Yantao was arrested at work. Later, the police broke into her home and confiscated Falun Gong materials and personal belongings. Ms. Liu's mother, Ms. Rao Fang, and her sister Ms. Liu Bitao were also arrested. All three practitioners were sent to the Yonggan Detention Center and have been detained there for over a month.
During the New Year holidays of 2010, the Zhongshan City 610 Office arrested Ms. Xu Meilian from Zhongshan City, Guangdong Province, while she was talking to people about Falun Gong.
4. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Zhao Haibo Detained at Shilingzi Prison in Siping City
Mr. Zhao Haibo, 35, was arrested in Changchun City on May 9, 2007. He was sentenced to prison for four years and is being detained at the Shilingzi Prison in Siping City, Jilin Province. Because he has refused to renounce Falun Gong, the prison officials do not allow his family to visit him.
5. [Tianjin] Ms. Zhang Zhiqin and Another Practitioner Arrested
Ms. Zhang Zhiqin from Yanggezhuang Village, Chengguan Town, Ji County, Tianjin was arrested on the afternoon of February 26, 2010. Another elderly male practitioner from Xiqiyuan Village was also arrested.
6. [Tianjin] Mr. Gu Xueshuang from Tanggu District Arrested on the Morning of February 25, 2010, and His Home Ransacked
7. [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Wang Yingsen from Xiaoluo Village, Houjia Town, Wendeng City Detained at Wendeng City Detention Center
8. [Yishui County, Shandong Province] Ms. Ma Yuanxia Arrested
Over a dozen police officers from the Yishui County Domestic Security Division went to Ms. Ma Yuanxia's home in Fengtaihu Village, Xujia Town, Yishui County at around 10 a.m. on February 20, 2010. They ransacked her home and took her to the local police station. At 3 p.m. that day, Ms. Ma was sent to the Linyi Women's Detention Center.
9. [Xinxiang County, Henan Province] Practitioner Shen Ailan Arrested and Detained
Officers from the Qudong Police Station in Xinxiang City arrested Ms. Shen Ailan at around 4 p.m. on February 24, 2010. She was issued a 10-day detention notice and is being detained at the Xinxiang City Detention Center.
10. [Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province] Ms. Luo Juan Arrested in Kunming City and Detained at Zhuzhou City Detention Center.
11. [Chongqi] More Information about Ms. Yang Qin
Ms. Yang Qin was arrested at the market in Bachuan Town, Tongliang County, Chongqi, on February 3, 2010. The police told her family that she would be detained for 15 days. They also ransacked her home and confiscated her personal belongings. Twenty days have passed since her arrest, and Ms. Yang has not been released.
12. [Jieyang City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Lin Shaonan Persecuted in Guangdong Women's Prison, Diagnosed With Cancer
Officials from the Jieyang City 610 Office arrested Ms. Lin Shaonan and sent her to the Guangdong Women's Prison in mid-January of 2010. On February 10, 2010, a prison official called her family to inform them that Ms. Lin was diagnosed with breast cancer and was hospitalized in the prison hospital. When her family came to visit, they were allowed to look at her only through a window.
13. [Chenxi County, Hunan Province] Mr. Ou Jiafa's Home Ransacked
Tao Jian and other officials from Chenyang Town, Chenxi County, broke into Mr. Ou Jiafa's home on January 30, 2010. They ransacked his home and confiscated several Falun Gong books and a MP4 player.
14. [Shaoyang City, Hunan Province] Mr. Gong Deyuan and Ms. Yan Shuzhou to Be Tried
Officers from the Daxiang District Domestic Security Division in Shaoyang City, including the director, Hu Dongshao, broke into Mr. Gong Deyuan and Ms. Yan Shuzhou's home on April 18, 2009. The couple was arrested and sent to the Shaoyang City Second Detention Center. Mr. Gong and Ms. Yan reported their case to the Beitai District Procuratorate and requested evidence of an arrest warrant, but were refused. The Shaoyang City Politics and Law Committee ordered the Daxiang District Procuratorate to take over their case. The Daxiang District Procuratorate filed charges against Mr. Gong and Ms. Yan.
February 26, 2010