(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Song Yaqin was arrested by police from Elunchun Autonomous Tribe of Inner Mongolia on the morning of December 24, 2009, when she was visiting her son's home. At approximately 10:00 a.m., just as Ms. Song arrived at her son's home, police broke into the house. They arrested Ms. Song and attempted to arrest her son and daughter-in-law, but they were able to escape. The police seized Falun Dafa books and other materials from the home as well as a computer. Police officers then took Ms. Song to her home where they searched for Falun Dafa materials and seized another computer. Ms. Song was taken to a detention center in Elunchun where she remains incarcerated. The Public Security Bureau has refused to allow her family to visit her at the detention center. The police reportedly have passed Song Yaqin's docket to prosecutors, who are expected to file charges against her. This is not the first time that Ms. Song has been persecuted for her belief in Falun Gong.

Originally from Dayangshu Town, Elunchun Autonomous Tribe, Inner Mongolia, Ms. Song Yaqin, 50, now lives in Binzhou Town, Bin County of Heilongjiang Province. Before practicing Falun Gong, Ms. Song suffered from synovitis of the knee and could walk only with great difficulty and pain. Her doctor considered the condition to be incurable and was certain that Ms. Song would someday be unable to walk at all. But after Ms. Song began practicing Falun Gong in 1997, she felt happy and healthy, and the synovitis in her knee disappeared.

Because of her direct experience, Ms. Song believed strongly in the benefits of Falun Gong and took every opportunity to tell people about it and distribute Falun Gong materials. In July 1999, however, the Chinese Communist Party banned Falun Gong and began persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Ms. Song was persecuted several times for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong.

On the night of November 4, 2003, Ms. Song and two other Falun Gong practitioners, Wang Xiaoli and Wang Liqun,went to the town of Songjiang to hand out Falun Dafa materials. They were arrested by Li Xinfang, director of the Songjiang Police Station, and several other police officers. Later that night, Zhao Yuntian and officers from the Bin County Public Security Bureau, arrived at the Songjiang Police Station to transport Ms. Song and Wang Xiaoli back to Bin County where they were detained at the Bin County First Detention Center.

A few months later, the Bin County Court sentenced Ms. Song to one year in prison, while Wang Liqun and Wang Xiaoli were sentenced to two and three year's imprisonment, respectively.

Song suffered a relapse of synovitis while in custody and lost the ability to walk. She had to be carried into the hearing when she was arraigned. Ms. Song's family petitioned for a medical parole because of her condition but the Public Security Bureau denied ther request. After sentencing, Ms. Song remained in the Bin County First Detention Center, where she was continuously persecuted. Ms. Song was released from custody one year later.