Additional Persecution News from China - January 28, 2010 (21 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 17 cities or counties in 7 provinces. In this report, 22 practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 18 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Meng Zhaomei Sentenced to Fifteen Months of Forced Labor
- [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yang Chengjiang Arrested and Held
- [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhang Jie Sentenced to Prison
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Details of the persecution of Ms. Liu Bitao and Two Other Practitioners
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Suzhen Arrested by Police
- [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yu You Brutally Beaten
- [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. E Yiying was arrested on January 21, 2010
- [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liu Hongdian Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
- [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Four Practitioners' Families Swindled
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] More Information about Ms. Sun Xiuxia and Mr. Wang Zhihong
- [Miyi County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Gong Shunhui Taken to Sichuan Province Women's Prison
- [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Luo Qingsheng Arrested
- [Tianjian] Ms. Gao Xiuhong Arrested
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] More Information about Mr. Ding Yuezhao
- [Shenzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Zhang Hui's Home Ransacked
- [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Lihua Taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
- [Luannan County, Hebei Province] Mr. Qi Zhenjiang Arrested
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Family Members Not Allowed to Visit Mr. Xiao Hailong
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yu Fanglin Persecuted
- [Jianping County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Fu Jinghua Sentenced and Ms. Li Xiuzhi Subjected to Forced Labor
- [Tianjin] More Information on Mr. Zhao Gang and Ms. Li Donglian
- [Xuechang District, Shandong Province] Ms. Guo Yanxiu and Ms. Liu Xuying Arrested
- [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Binglan and Mr. Sun Dejian Sentenced
1. [Changle County, Shandong Province] Ms. Meng Zhaomei Sentenced to Fifteen Months of Forced Labor
At 6:00 p.m., on October 17, 2009, police officers from the National Security Division, Changle County, Shandong Province, led by Zhao Shisheng, and officers from the Chengdong Station stormed into Ms. Meng Zhaomei's home, located at the residential building of Changle County Agriculture Bank. They arrested Ms. Meng and members of her family. Later Ms. Meng's husband and daughter were released. Ms. Meng was held at the county detention center until November 20, 2009. Later, she was taken to the Wangcun Women's Labor Camp and was sentenced to fifteen months of forced labor.
Guo Xingjun, chief of county 610 Office: 86-1380536818
Zhao Shisheng, National Security Division: 86-13863629388 (Cell), 86-536-6299255
Tao Jiagang, Chengdong Police Station: 86-15905369669 (Cell)
2. [Shuangyashan City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yang
Chengjiang Arrested and Held
Mr. Yang Chengjiang was arrested and held. His 60-year-old mother tried to have him released, but was denied.
3. [Fuxin City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Zhang Jie Sentenced to Prison
Ms. Zhang Jie was arrested on September 18, 2002 and was sentenced to thirteen years in prison. She is held at the Liaoning Province Women's Prison.
4. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Details of the persecution of Ms. Liu Bitao and Two Other Practitioners
Ms. Liu Bitao and her sister Ms. Liu Jintao have been missing for many days. Ms. Pei Hong lived at the Fulian Building and was previously employed as a mathematics teacher at the Luofang Middle School. She is currently unemployed due to the persecution. On January 19, 2010, police officers broke into her home and her whereabouts are unknown.
5. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Liu Suzhen Arrested by Police
Ms. Liu Suzhen, 65, a retired employee of Chengdu City Engine Co., was arrested by the police while she was clarifying the truth on January 25, 2010.
6. [Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province] Mr. Yu You Brutally Beaten
Mr. Yu You, held at the Beixing Farm, Hongxinglong, No. 1 Subward, No. 1 Ward, Jiamusi Prison, was brutally beaten in October 2009. His debit card was also cancelled.
Liu Renli, No. 1 Ward, Jiamusi Prison: 86-454-8816198,
Jia Gaoting: 86-454-8816197, 86-13512699967
7. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Ms. E Yiying was arrested on January 21, 2010
8. [Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province] Mr. Liu Hongdian Sentenced to Two Years of Forced Labor
Mr. Liu Hongdian was sentenced to two years of forced labor in October 2009. Because he had high blood pressure at the detention center, he has been held at the Shawan Detention Center, Fanyu, Guangzhou City.
9. [Yingkou City, Liaoning Province] Four Practitioners' Families Swindled
In the first six months of 2009, four practitioners from Xiongyue area, Yingkou City, went to Yangyun Township, Gaizhou City, to deliver truth-clarifying materials. They were arrested by Yuan Jianhui, the director of the Yangyun Police Station. Yuan extorted 100,000 yuan from the four practitioners' families. Zhao Zhichun from the Gaizhou City Police Department and some agents from the Legal Affair Section have twice extorted at least 150,000 yuan from the four families. Each practitioner was also made to pay 10,000 yuan. In total, the four practitioners' families lost at least 300,000 yuan.
10. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] More Information about Ms. Sun Xiuxia and Mr. Wang Zhihong
The files of Ms. Sun Xiuxia and Mr. Wang Hongzhi, who were arrested by police officers from the Jinqianbao Station, Erdao District, Changchun City, have been moved to the procurator at the Erdao.
The Jinqianbao Police Station: 86-431-84733639
Erdao District Procurator: 86-431-84643086
11. [Miyi County, Sichuan Province] Ms. Gong Shunhui Taken to Sichuan Province Women's Prison
On Sunday, January 24, 2010, the original judgment for Ms. Gong Shunhui was upheld by the Panzhihua Middle Court. On the same day, she was secretly taken to the Sichuan Province Women's Prison. On January 25, 2010, her husband was notified of the court's decision.
On January 25, 2010, the home of Falun Dafa practitioner, Ms. Yao Yuanfang, located at Yakou, Miyi County, was ransacked. Plainclothes police officers took pictures of the interior of the home.
12. [Luzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Luo Qingsheng Arrested
Mr. Luo Qingsheng, in his sixties, a peasant from Dachun Town, Gulin County, Luzhou City, has been persecuted many times. He was arrested by police officers who were led by Liu Qiang, from the National Security Division, and is held at a detention center.
13. [Tianjian] Ms. Gao Xiuhong Arrested
On the morning of January 25, 2010, Ms. Gao Xiuhong, 37, from Zhougezhuang Village, Ji County, Tianjin City, was arrested. On the afternoon of February 25, 2008, Ms. Gao and her daughter, Ms. Cui Quanlai, 18, went to Zhuzhuangzi Village to distribute truth clarifying materials. They were reported and arrested by police officers from the Guanzhuang Police Station. Later the mother and daughter escaped but never went home to avoid being arrested. Recently, Ms. Gao went back home to see her children and was arrested. In addition, police officers were looking for Ms. Cui Quanlai, whom they were planning to arrest.
Zhao Qingguo, chief of the Ji County 610 Office: 86-13821526060
Fang Jianzhong, former chief of the Ji County 610 Office: 86-22-29142111
Zhao Guanfu, director of police department: 86-13342089688 (Cell)
14. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] More Information about Mr. Ding Yuezhao
Mr. Ding Yuezhao, in his seventies, from Anqiu City, Weifang City, went to the Labor Protection Department and was followed and arrested. The truth-clarifying material site at Liangjiawantou was destroyed. Ms. Lin Shuling, 37, Ms. Zhang Guixiu, over 40, and Ms. Zhang Yuying, over 60 years old, were also arrested.
At approximately 8:00 p.m., on December 19, 2009, Ms. Zhang Guixiu went to Liangjiawantou and was arrested by police officers who were stationed there waiting. The police grabbed the key to her home, and took the hard drive from her computer. At the Danshan Brainwashing Center, she was hung from the back to an iron window frame. Later, she was hung with one hand to the window frame. She was beaten with an electrical baton to force her to confess. She was then taken to Wangcun Women's Forced Labor Camp after being detained for 15 days at the Anqiu Detention Center.
Because of health problems, the labor camp rejected her twice. She was to be released on bail for medical treatment; however, she was taken back to the Anqiu Detention Center, but was refused admission. Currently, she is at home. Ten thousand yuan was extorted from her family.
Ms. Wang Xiuyun, 53, from Zhongzipo Village, belonged to the Xing'an Neighborhood Administration. She was arrested by police officers when she was distributing truth-clarifying materials at the Anqiu Store and is detained at a detention center. The key to her home was confiscated, and some Dafa books were taken away by Li Shouchen, the director of the police station.
Mr. Ding Yuezhao, Ms. Zhang Yuying, Ms. Lin Shuling, Mr. Sun Zongxu, and Mr. Tang Peiwu are still being held at the Anqiu Detention Center. Mr. Sun Jianzhong was released from the Jidong Prison on January 26, 2010.
15. [Shenzhou City, Guangdong Province] Ms. Zhang Hui's Home Ransacked
At approximately 8:00 a.m., on January 21, 2010, seven to eight police officers from the 610 Office went to Ms. Zhang Hui's home and destroyed a security door to gain entrance to ransack her home. All her Dafa books were taken away. Ms. Zhang escaped and her whereabouts are unknown. At same time, Mr. A Gan's home was also ransacked.
16. [Benxi City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Lihua Taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp
On the morning of January 25, 2010, Ms. Wang Lihua was fooled by police officers from the Cuidong Station and taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp, Shenyang City. Previously, Ms. Wang Lihua was arrested because she had clarified the truth by the Cuidong Police Station. She was released because of poor health.
17. [Luannan County, Hebei Province] Mr. Qi Zhenjiang Arrested
Mr. Qi Zhenjiang, from Hongying Village, Luannan County, was reported when he was clarifying the truth at the market of Bachigang Town on the morning of January 26, 2010. He was arrested by police officers from the Bachigang Town Station. He is detained at the county detention center and has been subjected to fifteen days of detention.
Wang Zhongchun, deputy director of the police department, mainly
in charge of persecution of Falun Gong: 86-315-4121007,
Wei Yuandong, deputy secretary of county committee of CCP: 86-13703379268 (Cell)
Zhou Lishun, deputy chief of 610 Office: 86-315-4165206, 86-131026129999 (Cell), 86-315-4169778, 86-13832987278 (Cell)
18. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Family Members Not Allowed to Visit Mr. Xiao Hailong
Mr. Xiao Hailong, from Harbin City, was arrested by police officers from the Dalai Station, Daowai District. Officers stormed into his home and ransacked it. He was detained for fifteen days. From October 10 to 15, 2009, he was held at the Wanjia Forced Labor Camp and sentenced to one year in prison. On October 16, 2009, he was taken to the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Xiao Hailong's wife went to the camp but was denied visitation.
Liu Yi, the director of the Donglai Police Department, Daowai
District, Harbin City: 86-15304806090 (Cell)
Sun Lifu, instructor: 86-15104605670 (Cell)
Liang Bingmou, police officer: 86-15104605660 (Cell)
19. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Yu Fanglin Persecuted
Ms. Yu Fanglin, 38, from Dalian City, went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. On the way, she was arrested and taken to a brainwashing center. Five thousand yuan was extorted from her by local police officers.
In 2003, she was reported when she clarifying truth in Changhai County. She was tortured at the Changhai County Police Department. Then, she was taken to a detention center and was tortured to force her to confess. After being brutally beaten, she had internal organ damage and a dislocated jaw (mandibular dislocation). Two months later, she was sentenced to four years in prison. When she was at the Yaojia Prison, Dalian City, she again endured four years of inhuman torture.
On July 24, 2009, when Ms. Yu Fanglin hung a banner at the Fumin Plaza which said "Heaven Will Destroy the CCP," she was beaten to the ground by police officers led by the instructor from the Hongqi Town Police Station. She was taken to the Fumin Police Station. Five to six police officers went to Ms. Yu Fanglin's workplace and grabbed a notebook, a computer, and 1,000 yuan in cash. The employees present were threatened, and then forcefully taken to the police station. As a result, normal business did not resume for several days. When the house was empty, the police broke in and grabbed a digital camera. Ms. Yu was tortured for two days and nights to obtain a confession. She was beaten until she was black and blue, and had a swollen and bruised eyelid. Her jaw was fractured and dislocated. She could not eat and did not receive medical treatment. Ms. Yu Fanglin is still held at the Yaojia Detention Center and can only eat with a straw.
Ms. Yu Fanglin was tried on January 25, 2010.
20. [Jianping County, Liaoning Province] Ms. Fu Jinghua Sentenced and Ms. Li Xiuzhi Subjected to Forced Labor
Ms. Fu Jinghua, from the Bajia Farmer, Jianping County, was sentenced to eight years in prison at the Zhaoyang City Court. Her family did not agree with the court's decision, but had no way to appeal.
Two days before the 2010 New Year, Ms. Li Xiuzhi, from Heishui Town, Jianping County, was arrested when she was distributing fliers at a market and was taken to the National Security Division. On January 14, 2010, she was taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp.
21. [Tianjin] More Information on Mr. Zhao Gang and Ms. Li Donglian
Falun Dafa practitioners in Tianjin City including Mr. Zhao Gang, Ms. Li Donglian, Mr. Sun Yanliang, Ms. Wang Yujing and Ms. Zhang Shuxiang, were arrested in May 2008, and taken to the Nankai Detention Center. They have been held for 20 months. They have been tried three times at the Nankai Court.
Wang Hongshui, National Security Division, Nankai:
Sun Weiqi: 86-22-89815298
22. [Xuechang District, Shandong Province] Ms. Guo Yanxiu and
Ms. Liu Xuying Arrested
Ms. Guo Yanxiu and Ms. Liu Xuying were arrested when they distributed truth clarifying materials on the night of January 22, 2010, and are held at the Xuecheng Detention Center.
23. [Linyi City, Shandong Province] Ms. Zhang Binglan and Mr. Sun Dejian Sentenced
On November 11, 2009, Ms. Zhang Binglan and her husband Mr. Sun Dejian were tried at the Tancheng County Court, Linyi City. Two attorneys form Beijing defended the practitioners with a "not guilty" plea and requested their release. After New Year's Day 2010, the family learned that Mr. Zhang Binglan had been sentenced to eight years in prison. Mr. Sun Dejian was sentenced to three years, with a five-year suspended sentence. The family has already appealed to a higher court.
Linyi City Middle Court: 86-539-8128025
610 Office: 86-539-8304601
January 27, 2010