Name: Li Yunfang (李云芳)
Gender: Female
Age: Unknown
Address: Unknown
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 2001
Most recent place of detention:
Dongxihu Detention Center(东西湖看守所)
City: Wuhan
Persecution Suffered: Detention, forced labor, brainwashing, extortion, torture, beatings and monitored

( I started practicing Falun Gong in 1995. Before this, I suffered many diseases, such as high blood pressure and abnormal wear on the cartilage and bones of the neck. I took a lot of medication, with very little effect. One day, a colleague introduced me to Falun Gong.

After I started practicing Falun Gong, my health improved greatly and and my body became very light.

In July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began to slander Falun Gong, persecuted Falun Gong practitioners, and banned the practice. In November, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong. I was arrested when demonstrating on Tiananmen Square. Practitioners from throughout China were detained in the same place. Soon after, we were transferred from Beijing to Wuhan. The police kept us in handcuffs. We were detained in the Erzhigou Detention Center for 15 days and forced to perform labor for more than 14 hours daily.

In January, 2001, officers from the Hanguang Police Station took me to the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center, where I was held for six months. They extorted 10,000 yuan from my family before releasing me.

In December, 2001, I went to Beijing again with other practitioners. We hoped to petition and deliver letters for the right to practice Falun Gong to the Beijing Petition Office. Police officers confiscated the letters before we even reached that office. We then decided to go to Tiananmen Square. We shouted " Falun Dafa is good!" Shortly after, we were arrested and taken to the Beijing Wuhan City office.

Officers from the Wuhan City Hanguang Police Station took us back to Wuhan. We were detained at the Dongxihu Detention Center for 30 days. I was then transferred to the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center. Later, I was taken to the Dongxihu Detention Center for another 30 days and tortured. They handcuffed my hands behind my back for 30 days.

Then they took me to a brainwashing center. I did not renounce my belief, so they locked me and three practitioners into different isolation cells in the basement. Every cell had a steel door and we were not allowed to leave our cells. Three people that had renounced Falun Gong beat me and threw me on the ground. My back was injured and was sore for two weeks. They also burned my fingers with a cigarette butt. I refused to cooperate and refused to write a statement renouncing Falun Gong. Then they tortured me.

From 2002 to 2003, I was persecuted by local CCP officials many times. Officers from the local police station and staff from the residential committee harassed me and my family. I was monitored by people who did not know the facts about Falun Gong. I lost my personal freedom.

The persecution I suffered is only the tip of the iceberg of what countless practitioners have suffered.