(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Ruan Minghua from Weihai City, Shandong Province, began the practice of Falun Gong in 2005. Chinese Communist Party (CCP) agents subjected him twice to detention and gross abuse for telling people that Falun Dafa is good and helping more people benefit from practicing it.

The following is an account of Mr. Ruan's experiences:

My name is Ruan Minghua, I'm 54 years old and began the practice of Falun Gong in February 2005. My illnesses disappeared shortly thereafter. My bowed legs became straight, and my pigeon chest normal. It's incredible for someone in his 50s to experience such a bone change without medical treatment.

Tearing eyes, a condition that plagued me for more than 40 years, were an agony for me. Surgery 20 years ago did not lessen the symptoms. A strong wind or a breeze would bring tears to my eyes. It was a constant, irritating annoyance. Fortunately, it disappeared after I began the practice. I also had problems with my heart and lungs. My lips were often blue and black but now have become rosy. I've experienced tremendous physical changes in five years of cultivation.

I owe my physical and mental wellbeing to Falun Gong, so I stepped forward to tell my experience to more people so that they would also benefit. I also exposed the CCP's lies. For this reason, communist agents subjected me twice to detention and gross abuse.

I went to distribute Falun Gong information in Sunjiatuan Town on December 14, 2006. Personnel from the Political and Judiciary Office saw and reported me to the town police, who took me into custody and reported my case to the Weihai City 610 Office. 610 Office agents Liu Jie and Liu Huajian, along with another officer surnamed Wang took me to a detention center for seven days and from there to an out-of-town brainwashing facility. I returned home one month later.

The 610 Office agents' coercion and intimidation filled my family with terror. They refused to let me go out or read the Falun Gong books. They even tore up and burned the books in my absence. They dared not read or listen to me talk about Falun Gong, and went into a rage and yelled at me whenever they heard me speak about it. They had witnessed tremendous changes in me, but faced with the regime's brutal persecution, they surrendered their conscience, dared not speak the truth, and sided with the evil in an attempt to force me to give up Falun Gong.

I spoke with a girl on a minibus about quitting the CCP on December 24, 2009. The bus was headed to Beixiaocheng in Yangting Town from Weihai. The girl agreed to quit the CCP Youth League and Young Pioneers. Shortly afterwards, Yangting Town police, who had waited at a bus station, searched my bag and took me into custody.

Weihai 610 Office agents Liu Jie and Liu Huajian, along with another officer, took me to a detention center. Liu Jie was rude and aggressive and threatened to send me to a forced labor camp. Liu Huajian said the minibus driver had overheard my conversation with the girl.

I returned home on January 5, 2010, following 13 days of detention. While in detention I shouted "Falun Dafa is good!" Guards Tao and Ye yelled at and chastised me for it.