Name: Huang Naiwei (黄迺维)
Gender: Female
Age: About 62
Address: No. 5, Lane 202, Jinxian Road, Luwan District, Shanghai
Occupation: Retired

Date of Most Recent Arrest: Around June 18, 2009
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Qingpu Brainwashing Center (青浦洗脑班)
City: Shanghai
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, brainwashing, forced labor, ransacked home, interrogation, torture, beating, denied visitation.

( Practitioner Huang Naiwei was illegally sent to forced labor camps three times. The last time, she was supposed to be released on September 16, 2010. However, the 610 Office of Luwan District refused to free her and instead transferred her to a brainwashing center because the government was running the 2010 World Expo. She has been held in the brainwashing center since then.

Huang Naiwei is a retiree of the No. 18 Radio Factory of Shanghai. She became healthier and all of her diseases disappeared after she began practicing Falun Gong.

In early 2001, Huang Naiwei was arrested for possessing materials regarding the persecution of Falun Dafa. She was sentenced to two years of force labor in the Shanghai Women's Forced Labor Camp, where she was subjected to brainwashing and heavy labor. During those two years, Huang Naiwei's mother passed away, but the camp warden prohibited the family from informing her until right before her mother's funeral. She was released after two years, but local policemen and neighborhood committee's staff often came to her home to harass her.

In early 2007, policemen, neighborhood committee's staff and 610 Office members came and ransacked her home and threatened to arrest her again. Luo Deyuan from the Department of Political Security of Luwan Police Station and local policemen arrested Huang Naiwei at home on March 19. She was handcuffed and brought to the police station to be interrogated. The interrogation lasted from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. The policemen said to her, "If you still don't give up your belief in Falun Gong, you will be sent to a mental hospital to receive injections that are used on mentally ill people. No one will know about what happens to you."

Huang Naiwei was again sent to the Shanghai Women's Forced Labor Camp not long after that. This time it was for one year. Wardens instructed three inmates who were drug abusers to watch and torture her 24 hours a day. The inmates forced Huang Naiwei to sit on a small stool for long periods of time, which resulted in broken skin on her buttocks. The broken skin stuck to her underwear. Huang Naiwei slipped extra underwear inside the pair she was wearing in order to reduce the pain. When warden Jiang Yiqiong discovered this, she ordered the three inmates to remove the extra underwear. The warden also ordered inmates to punch and kick her because she refused to swear at Falun Gong and Master Li.

After she was released, she continued to expose the persecution and tell people about Dafa. She was reported to the police on June 18, 2009. She was arrested again by policemen from Luwan District Police Station. Her home was searched and all of the Falun Gong books, materials and personal belongings were confiscated by the police. This time she was sentenced to 15 months of forced labor. She was imprisoned at the Luwan Detention Center, where she was prohibited from family visitation because she had refused to put on an inmate uniform.

The detention center was supposed to release her on September 16, 2010. However, in order for the government to run the 2010 World Expo without persecuted groups trying to have their voices heard by the world, the Luwan 610 Office members, collaborating with the Ruijin Police Station, the Ruijin Neighborhood Committee and the Yanzhong Neighborhood Committee, transferred her from the detention center to Qingpu Brainwashing Center, a facility built for the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. Huang Naiwei has been imprisoned there ever since, even though her sentence was supposed to end in October.

Related article: