(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Tian Hongzhi from Funing County, Qinhuangdao City, Hebei Province, was severely mistreated by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for her belief in Falun Gong. She was illegally arrested and imprisoned three times, held at the local detention center twice and detained at a brainwashing center once. She was beaten by police, forced to stand outside in freezing weather, shocked with electric batons, forced to kneel in the snow, denied restroom use, force-fed, kicked and drenched in icy water. Because of this torture, she is now in extremely poor health.

1. Hung with ropes and thrown down repeatedly

In the winter of 1999, Yang Junhua, former deputy director of the Niutouya Town Police Station, instigated policemen from the Liushouying Town Police Station to torture Ms. Tian. They hung Ms. Tian from the heating pipes on the ceiling, with her hands bound behind her back and the policemen holding one end of the rope. They tried to force her to denounce her belief in Falun Gong and to write a guarantee statement, but she refused. The policemen then loosened the rope and let her fall to the floor. In this manner, she was dropped to the floor again and again for several hours, until she lost control of her bladder and bowels.

On the afternoon of the same day, Ms. Tian and another Falun Gong practitioner were taken to the Liushouying Town Police Station for further torture. They were forced to lift bowls full of water over their heads and sit in a half-squatting position for prolonged periods of time. The policemen put upturned nails under their heels. If they could not hold their posture, the nails would prick into their feet. If they spilled any water, they were beaten. Since Ms. Tian and the other practitioner did not renounce their belief, the policemen intended to hang them up again. However, they were not able to do so because one kind policeman quietly hid the ropes. Afterward, they were sent to the Funing County Detention Center.

After Ms. Tian was released from the detention center, she went to the Tumor Hospital in Qinhuangdao City to take care of her 93-year-old father. However, Yang Junhua deceived Ms. Tian's husband into telling him her whereabouts, and Yang rushed to the hospital to arrest her. He forcefully took her away from her father and sent her to the Funing Detention Center again.

2. Additional mistreatment suffered

Yang Junhua also illegally revoked Ms. Tian's residence registration. He collaborated with Cheng Fuhai, dean of the Niutouya Town Hospital, and Qi Guoying and Gao Aiwen, directors of Health Services, to fire Ms. Tian from her job, leaving her with no income. In addition, Yang Junhua threatened Ms. Tian's husband that he would get fired if he didn't divorce Ms. Tian. Later, in order to deceive other Falun Gong practitioners who had left their homes into coming back, they let Ms. Tian resume her job to give the appearance that the persecution was abating locally. However, they cut her salary nearly by half. In the past six or seven months, Ms. Tian did not receive any salary, because officials claimed the hospital had no money.

Due to the long-term physical torture and the mental pressure of the persecution, Ms. Tian is now in very poor health. She has developed breast cancer, which has metastasized to her lung, brain, and fingers. Cheng Fuhai and the directors of the Health Services refused to reimburse her for last year's medical expenses of 30,000 yuan.

Parties involved in the persecution:

Yang Junhua, former deputy director of the Niutouya Town Police Station: 86-13933581140 (cell), 86-13933683317 (cell)
Cheng Fuhai, dean of Niutouya Town Hospital: 86-13903343311 (cell), 86-6055433 (office)
Qi Guoying, former director of Health Services: 86-13513362268 (cell)