Additional Persecution News from China - November 15, 2010 (22 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 16 cities or counties in eight provinces. In this report, 11 Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention, and at least 32 practitioners were illegally arrested.
1. [Ziyang, Sichuan Province] Mr. Wu Yihua, around 40 Years Old, Held in the Erehu Brainwashing Center in Yingjie Town
2. [Shouguang, Shandong Province] Four Practitioners from Jitai Town Arrested
Shouguang Domestic Security Division officers arrested Mr. Meng Fanliang, Mr. Meng Xiangming, Ms. Sun Yufang, and Ms. Li Ailing from Huangmeng Village, Jitai Town. The four practitioners are in a detention center.
Tian Qingchun, 610 Office head: 86-536-5260610, 86-13615365118
Wu Zhenping, 610 Office deputy head: 86-536-5112086, 86-13583608371
3. [Suizhou City, Hubei Province] Mr. Wei Wei and Others Incarcerated in a Brainwashing Facility
Suzhou City 610 Office agents and more than a dozen local police station officers arrested Mr. Wei Wei the night of November 11, 2010. Mr. Wei shouted, "Falun Dafa is good," and a police officer grabbed his neck so violently that he almost suffocated him. The perpetrators forcibly took Mr. Wei to the Liangshui Brainwashing Center in northern suburb of Suizhou City.
Several more practitioners were recently arrested.
Wang Jiashu, Suizhou City 610 Office head: 86-722-3593048, 86-13389885999
He Jiaran, deputy head: 86-722-3593049, 86-13908661078
4. [Jinan, Shandong Province] Lixia Police Recently Arrested Mr. Sun Quandong and Ransacked His Home
5. [Henan Province] Follow-up Report on Ms. Liang Yuying after Her Illegal Sentencing
Ms. Liang Yuying works at the Nanyang Oil Field. Xinye County Court officials sentenced her to three and a half years in prison. Ms. Liang appealed. We learned that Xinye County Court officials recently decided to uphold the original verdict.
While she was in the Xinye County Detention Center, two Xinye County Police Department heads slapped her face because she resisted. The detention center head and four guards unsuccessfully attempted to force Ms. Liang to give up her belief. They beat her so harshly that her mouth bled.
Ms. Liang has been arrested, detained, and subjected to brainwashing, forced labor and prison terms more than ten times since July 20, 1999.
Zhang Zhenyi, Nanyang Oil Field Domestic Security Division head: 86-13837759705
Xinye County Detention Center: 86-377-66221233
Sun Luoping, Detention Center Women's Ward guard: 86-13782018594
6. [Jinan, Shandong Province] Mr. He Xunming and Others Arrested; Homes Ransacked
A group of police officers broke into homes of Mr. He Xunming, Mr. Liu Yaning, and Mr. Dong Shangbai the evening of November 12, 2010. They arrested the practitioners and ransacked their homes.
7. [Hebei Province] Persecution Incidents of Ms. He Xiumei in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp in 2008
Ms. He Xiumei was arrested in 2008 for speaking with people about Falun Gong. Handan Police Department officers made the arrest. Ms. He was subsequently subjected to forced labor and held in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. She was placed in solitary confinement because she refused to follow the guards' orders. She was deprived of food and handcuffed to a metal pole for a long time. The guards force-fed her unknown substances and caused her to be muddle-headed and lose her memory.
8. [Beipiao, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wu Guofen Illegally Detained in Liangshuihe
9. [Wuhan, Hubei Province] Ms. Peng Wangqin Arrested; Whereabouts Unknown
Ms. Peng Wangqin was arrested the afternoon of November 13, 2010, as she spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution at the Hualian Supermarket in Hanyangmen, Wuchang City. Her whereabouts are unknown.
10. [Li County, Hunan Province] More Than a Dozen Practitioners Arrested
The arrests took place on November 9, 2010 in Li County, Changde City. The practitioners who can be identified are Ms. Zhang He, Ms. Zeng Xiaoling, Ms. Xiong Ruilian, Ms. Qu Jiaxing, Ms. Gu Zhixiang, Ms. Peng Donglian, and Ms. Peng Shizhen. The practitioners' homes were ransacked, and a lot of personal belongings were confiscated.
Dai Gang, 610 Office head: 86-736-3232626, 86-13807362897
Zhu Senhui, deputy head: 86-736-3232752, 86-13307366685
11. [Jinan, Shandong Province] Seven Practitioners Arrested
Ms. Liu Xiaohui, Mr. Luan Xuewu, Mr. Du Zezhou, Ms. Sun Quandong, Mr. Wang, and two other women practitioners were arrested the afternoon of November 12, 2010. The arrests took place near the Taipingyang residential area in Yangzhuang in the Tianqiao District. Ms. Sun Quandong's home was ransacked. Mr. Luan Xuewu and his wife, Ms. Liu Xiaohui, are in the Zhangzhuang Detention Center.
12. [Jinan, Shandong Province] Dianliu Police Station Officers Arrested Ms. Jiang Caifeng and Ransacked Her Home on November 12, 2010
13. [Chengdu, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xu Guihua Taken to the Xinjin Brainwashing Center on October 29, 2010
14. [Yongqing County, Hebei Province] Additional Information Regarding the Arrest of the Practitioner Couple Ms. Ma Jinling and Mr. Zhang Ji'an
Ms. Ma Jinling and her husband, Mr. Zhang Ji'an, were taken to the Langfang Brainwashing Center. Langfang City 610 Office agents attempted to extort 40,000 yuan from their relatives who refused to pay, so the 610 Office agents would not let their relatives visit the couple.
15. [Zunhua, Hebei Province] Mr. Zhang Xiaolong Arrested
Mr. Zhang Xiaolong from Zunhua City was arrested at home on November 9, 2010. Beitou Town Police Station officers along with officers from the Zunhua Domestic Security Division made the arrest and took him to the Zunhua Brainwashing Center.
16. [Lu County, Sichuan Province] Mr. Chen Hongzhou Arrested
Elderly practitioner Mr. Chen Hongzhou was arrested the afternoon of November 12, 2010, as he spoke with people about Falun Gong in Qifeng Town government. Lu County Domestic Security Division officers made the arrest and took him to the Lu County Detention Center. The police proceeded to ransack Mr. Chen's cousin's home, and then ransacked Mr. Chen's godson's home.
Gou Zhiquan, Lu County Police Department deputy head: 86-13708287157
17. [Yanzhou, Shandong Province] Ms. Lu Cheng'e Arrested
Ms. Lu Cheng'e from Nanguan Village was arrested the afternoon of November 7, 2010, as she spoke with people about Falun Gong at the Gulou Market. Her whereabouts are unknown.
18. [Cangzhou, Hebei Province] Mr. Li Huaixing's Family Extorted Money
Mr. Li Huaixing was arrested on August 25, 2010, and released only after his family paid 20,000 yuan in extortion.
19. [Nanchang, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Xiong Meiying and Mr. Liu Pinshen Arrested
Ms. Xiong Meiying, 63, and Mr. Liu Pinshen, 70, are from Shengmi Town, Xinjian County. They were arrested as they distributed information about Falun Gong at Xinfeng Farm in Nanchang City. Shibu Township Police Station officers and officers from the Xinjian County Domestic Security Division made the arrests. Rao Yuan and others from the Xinjian County Domestic Security Division ransacked the couple's home at 5:00 p.m. that day, confiscating a photo of Master Li and a Falun emblem.
Ms. Xiong is in the Xinjian County Detention Center. Mr. Liu was released following a 20-day illegal detention.
20. [Dalian, Liaoning Province] Mr. Li Jingdong and His Wife Arrested from Home the Evening of November 4, 2010; Their Whereabouts Unknown
21. [Kunming, Yunnan Province] Yunnan Province No.1 Prison Officials Deprive a Practitioner's Family of the Right to Visit Him - Belated Info -
Wuhua District Police Department officers arrested Mr. Li Zhen in September 2007 and confiscated his computer and printer from his home. Mr. Li was covertly sentenced to six years in prison without his family being informed.
Mr. Li was sent to the Yunnan Province No.1 Prison, No.4 Ward. His family attempted to visit him several times but were never allowed in.
22. [Hebei Province] Persecution Incidents of Several Practitioners in Pingshan County
1) Mr. Gai Wenlin, 63, is employed at the Pingshan County Chinese Medicine Hospital. Pingshan County Domestic Security Division officer Hu Yuetao and three others arrived at Mr. Gai's home the morning of January 5, 2002. They took all Falun Gong informational materials, handcuffed Mr. Gai, and took him to the police department. Officer Xiao Suilong searched Mr. Gai and stole his 700 yuan cash. Mr. Gai was held in a detention center that evening.
Two days later, on January 7, 2002, officer Hu Yuetao and others took Mr. Gai out of the detention center. Handcuffed, and with a black rubber band covering his eyes, Mr. Gai was pushed into a police vehicle. When they arrived at the police department, Gangnan Police Station head Shi Xisheng and others shocked Mr. Gai with high-voltage electric batons and beat and kicked him. Officer Qiu Shuguo punched Mr. Gai in the face, trying to find out the source of Falun Gong materials. The police tortured Mr. Gai for five days and then held him in the detention center for 28 days.
Feng Qingfang, the police department's Political and Security Section head, extorted 12,300 yuan from Mr. Gai's family while he was detained.
2) Mr. Li Mingyuan, 64, is a resident of Dongjie Village, Pingshan Town. Two Pingshan Town government agents arrived at his home in June 2001 and deceived him into getting into a car. They then took him to the Pingshan County 610 Office and detained him in a brainwashing facility for a day.
Two Pingshan County Police Department officers took Mr. Li to the police department in January 2002 and detained him for two days. Officer Feng Qingfang extorted 9,000 yuan from Mr. Li's family, and 610 Office agent Wang Genting extorted 2,000 yuan from Mr. Li's family.
3) Ms. Du Shuye is a resident of Shangzhuang Village, Wangpo Township. Wangpo Police Station head Huo Sanshuan and eight other officers broke into Ms. Du's home early in the morning on March 11, 2002, when Ms. Du's family was still in bed. They searched the house and confiscated Falun Gong materials. They took Ms. Du and her non-practitioner husband,Mr. Kang Minguo, to the police station to interrogate them regarding the source of the materials. Feng Qingfang from the county Police Department took Ms. Du to the police department the next day and ordered her to tell them where she got the materials. They handcuffed her on a stair railing overnight and took her to the county detention center three days later. Ms. Du was detained for 45 days and had 5,000 yuan extorted from her.
Mr. Kang Minguo was held in the Wangpo Police Station for more than 20 days and released as soon as he paid 3,800 yuan in extortion.
4) Ms. Gao Huaqin, 49, is a resident in Wangpo Village, Wangpo Township. Ms. Gao went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong on July 22, 1999. Beijing police intercepted her at the West Railway Station and escorted her to Baoding and then to Shijiazhuang, where Pingshan County Domestic Security Division officer Feng Qingfang took her back to the county police department. Officer Hu Yuetao took 200 yuan from her pocket and detained her for five days. She was not released before having another 200 yuan extorted from her.
Police officer Huo Jinhui ransacked Ms. Gao's home in mid June 2000 and confiscated a copy of Zhuan Falun. He took Ms. Gao to the police station and handcuffed her on an outdoor stair railing, exposing her to the burning sun before releasing her in the afternoon.
Township Political and Judiciary committee head Wang Guolin deceived her into going to the township government one morning in early November 2003 and then forcibly took her to the Wentang Brainwashing Center. Ms. Gao was held for seven days before being released.
Hu Yuetao, police officer: 86-311-82912890
Du Xinzhong, police officer: 86-13803365177, 86-311-82932356
Qiu Shuguo, police officer: 86-13653315861, 86-311-82941146