Name: Liu Yongsheng (刘永生)
Gender: Male
Age: 45
Address: Chengdu City, Sichuan Province
Occupation: Engineer

Date of Most Recent Arrest: Late 2001
Most recent place of detention:
Xinhua Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan ( 四川新华劳教所)
City: Mianyang
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, fired from workplace, extortion, forced labor reform, beatings, shocked with electric batons, home ransacked.

( Liu Yongsheng, an airplane engineer from Chengdu Airplane Construction, was forced into homelessness in 2007 after his department engaged in massive arrests of Falun Gong practitioners. His apartment was searched, and all of his identification cards were confiscated. They are still being held at Jiangxijie Police Station in Chengdu. Because of all this, he has not been able to maintain employment, bringing considerable pressure to his family.

Mr. Liu began practicing Falun Gong in June 1999. Less than a month later, the nationwide persecution started.

Homeless for three years due to persecution

At around 9:30 a.m. on September 17, 2007, Mr. Liu was called into the security department of his workplace. There were five or six police officers from Jiangxijie Police Station and some other officials, likely from the Chengdu Wuhou 610 Office and Wuhou Domestic Security Division, waiting for him. They forced Mr. Liu to have his picture taken and turn in his keys. He heard that they were about to transfer him to Xinjin, and he knew that this meant they would be sending him to Xinjin Brainwashing Center. Over a period of a month and a half, twenty to thirty Falun Gong practitioners had been illegally arrested from their homes or workplaces and taken to brainwashing centers, Xinjin Brainwashing Center in particular, to be tortured.

After Mr. Liu escaped from his workplace, he chose to become homeless to avoid further persecution. His apartment was ransacked, and a computer, a printer, pictures of Falun Gong's founder Master Li, Falun Gong books, and cash were taken. All of his identification papers, including his birth certificate and diploma, were confiscated.

After Mr. Liu became homeless, a police officer named Wan went to all of the neighborhoods where his parents had lived, and where they presently live, to ask the residents to call immediately if they saw Mr. Liu. Mr. Liu thus had to limit his visits with his parents and relatives. He could not get together with his family, even on holidays.

Because his diploma was taken away, Mr. Liu had to work part-time as a delivery man. He was unable to get other work for any length of time because he doesn't have his identification.

In September of this year, when Mr. Liu's mother, who is more than 70 years old, found out that he needed his identification to work, she went to the security department at Chengdu Airplane Construction with Mr. Liu's younger sister to demand the return of his ID. They were turned down. Then they went to Jiangxijie Police Station for his identification, but were also turned down.

Mr. Liu remains homeless to this day.

Initial two-and-a-half-year persecution of Mr. Liu

After the persecution in 1999 started, Mr. Liu was arrested, fired from work, and all his savings were taken from him. He had gone to visit another Falun Gong practitioner with materials clarifying the facts about Falun Gong, and was caught by authorities. He was then forced into homelessness, simply because he would not give up his belief. He was persecuted in this manner for two and a half years.

On February 13, 2004, while he was detained in Xinhua Forced Labor Camp in Sichuan Province, he was beaten and tied up because he shouted "Falun Gong is good," with fellow practitioners Zheng Fangjun, Li Yonghong, Wei Lang, Wang Renwei, Huang Changdong, and others. Another time, he was beaten by police officers Fu Weidong and Shen Rui, after he tore a Communist propaganda poster which slandered Master Li. The officers burned his lips, which later swelled up and were covered with a thick scab so that he couldn't eat for several days.