Name: Lin Jianhua (林建华)
Gender: Female
Age: 46
Address: Caidian District, Wuhan, Hubei Province
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: May 23, 2010
Date of Most Recent Arrest: December 4, 2003
Most Recent Place of Detention: Hewan Forced Labor Camp (何湾劳教所)
City: Wuhan
Province: Hubei
Persecution Suffered: Forced labor, brainwashing, illegal sentencing, drug administration, beatings, hung up, imprisonment, torture, home ransacked, interrogation, detention
Key Persecutors: Cai Shubin, head of Caidian District 610 Office; Song Chuhe, former head of Caidian District 610 Office; Mao Guokai, Zhan Mingquan, Yang Rongguo, and Lu Shan, officers of Caidian District Domestic Security Division

( Ms. Lin Jianhua was a practitioner in the Caidian District in Wuhan. She had been repeatedly harassed for her belief by the local 610 Office and was held twice at the Hewan Forced Labor Camp. She died at the age of 46 on May 23, 2010.

Ms. Lin took up the practice of Falun Dafa in 1996. After the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution, she went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Dafa on October 16, 1999. Two days later, she was arrested at the State Bureau for Letters and Calls. She was then transferred back to her local police department and detained for one week.

In mid-November of 1999, agents from the Caidian District 610 Office picked her up and took her to a brainwashing camp operated inside the Caidian District CCP School. They pressured practitioners to write a Guarantee Statement. Ms. Lin refused to do it. They ordered her relatives to persuade her; she was not persuaded. They threatened her with her husband's job and her child's education. She knew they meant it. To protect her family, she wrote the statement.

On the morning of February 11, 2000, Ms. Lin and several other practitioners were arrested for practicing the Falun Dafa exercises in a street garden in front of a cinema. She was detained for 15 days at the Dongxihu Women's Forced Labor Camp in Dong, Wuhan.

On February 28, 2000, she was arrested again for "illegal gathering." She was reading Falun Dafa books together with three other practitioners.

In early March, she was sentenced to one year of forced labor and imprisoned at the Hewan Forced Labor Camp in Wuhan.

After she was released in 2001, agents from the 610 Office repeatedly harassed her at home.

In July 2003, they again took her to the brainwashing camp in the Caidian CCP School. After one meal, Ms. Lin; Ms. Mao Cuilan, a practitioner who died on January 22, 2009; and the others all lost feeling in their lips, their stomachs bothered them, they had difficulty thinking clearly, and they trembled as if they were cold.

In November 2003, Ms. Lin was arrested for distributing Falun Dafa printed materials and DVDs. Officers searched her home. They interrogated her first at the Caidian CCP School Brainwashing Camp, then at the Dongxihu No.1 Detention Center, where she was brutally beaten and hung up for several days and nights. They subjected her to one year of forced labor at the Hewan Forced Labor Camp.

She was tortured in the camp. Guards forced her to stand seven days without moving while she was menstruating. Blood dripped down her legs to the ground. They did not allow her to wash. Her feet swelled. The guards ordered unknown drugs put into her drinking water. Her tongue felt numb after drinking.

Around October 2004, the administration of the camp informed her family to visit her and bring her food. The family noticed that she had a horrible red rash all over her neck. She was very weak and in low spirits.

She was released at the end of December 2004. Her friends said she was like a completely different person. In the following two years, her situation continued to deteriorate. She always felt thirsty and drank cold or ice-cold water. To 2007, she frequently had a fever. Her hair started falling out and she became emaciated. She lost her eyesight in February 2008 and was as thin as skeleton.

Her family took her to the Caidian District No. 13 Hospital. Agents from the Caidian 610 Office and officers from the district domestic security division did not allow the doctors in the hospital to examine her. The family then took her to a hospital in Wuhan. The agents and officers followed and tried to stop her from getting medical treatment but they failed.

Ms. Lin died at age 46 on May 23, 2010.