Greetings, Master! Greetings, practitioners!

I'm 71 years old now. I obtained the Fa in 1994. When I was in my 50s, I had a lot of diseases and it was hard for me to walk even one step. Now in my 70s, I can walk about 20 miles in the mountainous areas to clarify the truth and save sentient beings. I have gone through a lot of ups and downs in my cultivation in these past dozen years. I feel that everything is being taken care of by Master. Studying the Fa is important, sending forth righteous thoughts is important, and saving sentient beings is also very important. Dafa is something supernatural. Master only sees your heart.

This is the first time that I have submitted a paper to the Internet Experience Sharing Conference for Practitioners in China. I narrated and another practitioner helped me record it. I welcome fellow practitioners pointing out anything improper.

Dafa Saved Me from a Bitter Life

"Born into a sphere of suffering
Man struggles just to survive
One day, behold, the Great Law gained
Cease not your steps on the path of return"
(Master's "On Reading Weathering the Storm")

I often recite this poem with tears in my eyes. I know I have to cultivate diligently and return home with Master.

Before I obtained the Fa, I became a widow when I was very young, and I struggled to bring up my four children. Overloaded with work, I began to have a lot of health problems. At night, I had to take sleeping pills in order to sleep for a while. During the day I worked from morning till night despite my poor health.

March 15, 1994, is the most unforgettable day of my life. That day I attended a Falun Dafa experience sharing conference in a factory. As I listened, I felt refreshed and more and more comfortable. Later I walked to the front so that I wouldn't miss a single word. Without noticing, I dropped my wallet. After the conference was over, I realized I'd lost my wallet. When I looked around, I was amazed to see that my wallet had been placed on the seat where I had sat at the beginning. While I listened to the recordings of Master's lectures, I decided that I wanted to practice Dafa.

Every day at 4:00 a.m. I would hear someone calling me: "Grandma Li, Grandma Li!" to wake me up to do the exercises. In the evening, when I was with my grandson, I saw Falun rotating in the room. All my diseases recovered miraculously, and I never again felt tired from working.

Breaking Through the First Family Test

Later, on July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started to persecute Dafa. However I still went out to do the exercises in front of a bank. Police officers illegally arrested me. My elder son came to the detention center and wanted to bribe the officers to get me out. Like many Chinese people, he had listened to the lies being broadcast on all the media, and he told me to write a guarantee statement to give up practicing Dafa. I refused to write anything, so he slapped my face. I was transferred to the prison. I thought it wasn't the right place for me to stay: A prison is a place for criminals, not for Dafa practitioners. Later my younger daughter came and took me home.

After I returned home, my son, daughter, son-in-law and daughter-in-law all wanted to "transform" me, but I knew this was a test of emotion and no one should move my heart. I said, "My whole life was so hard, then I obtained the Fa. I only want to be a good person and cultivate myself. I worked so hard to bring you up, and I had so many diseases because of the hard work. Master eliminated my karma and cured my diseases. I haven't done anything wrong." Since they couldn't persuade me, they finally gave up.

At that time, the Communist regime kept broadcasting slander about Dafa on the TV news. I couldn't sit silent--I knew I had to defend Master and Dafa, so I wrote truth-clarification banners such as "Falun Dafa Is Good," "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance Is Good," "Falun Dafa Is Righteous," and "Restore My Master's Honor!" In the evening I went out to post the banners. I also bought golden cloth and wrote truth-clarification messages on the cloth with red paint and hung them outside. Later, I began to use chalk or spray paint to write truth-clarification messages on the walls. My five-year-old grandson went out with me every evening to write messages.

My grandson told my elder son, "Dafa is good." After my son came home, he grabbed my hair and beat me. Then I suddenly enlightened. The reason I hadn't gone to Beijing to appeal for Dafa was out of an attachment of affection, thinking I would protect my children. But they had been deceived by the regime's lies and even dared to beat me, their mother. I became determined to go to Beijing to validate the Fa. I couldn't let the evil continue to harm people.

Appealing for Dafa in Beijing and Safely Returning Home

I put on my best clothes, brought two banners that I had made myself with "Falun Dafa Is Good" and "Restore My Master's Honor" written on them, and quietly left home. At that time, the local police officers patrolled the bus station and train station and all the main traffic junctions to prevent practitioners from going to Beijing. I thought, "I must go to Beijing, even if I had to walk there!" So I walked about 2.5 miles and took the bus going to Henan Province. At the Henan Train Station, I bought a ticket to Beijing.

The next morning I got off the train. There were so many people and cars in Beijing. I had no idea where Tiananmen Square was, but with Master's guidance I followed the stream of people and safely arrived there. Standing at the Jinshui Bridge, I made the heshi gesture to Master and said, "Master, I came so late!" Tears ran down my cheeks.

I bought a ticket and went into Tiananmen Square. In the first grand hall, I was a little nervous. But then I remembered that Master was protecting me, so I brought out the banner and opened it, calling out, "Falun Dafa is good! Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good! Restore my Master's honor! Falun Dafa is righteous!" After I finished, I quickly put the banner on the flower bed and left through the back door. When I came to the second grand hall, I calmed down and opened the second banner. I walked through the third hall. I wanted to go to the rostrum to call out, "Falun Dafa is good."

To get to the rostrum, I had to buy a ticket which cost 15 yuan. I was reluctant to buy the ticket and wanted to get in by hiding myself among the visitors. This thought was taken advantage of. A police officer caught me and demanded that I curse Master or Falun Gong, but I refused to. They took me to the police station and beat me. I didn't cooperate with them and I recited the Fa in my heart. Later, the police searched me and demanded to know my name. I didn't say anything but recited Hong Yin quietly. In the end, the police beat me and then let me leave by the back door.

With Righteous Thoughts and Actions, Divine Power Manifested

I used my retirement pension to buy spray paint and chalk to write truth-clarification messages. Once I brought some fishing poles, banners and spray paint, walked about 2 miles to the suburbs, and hung the banners on the electric wires along the road. The police searched for me with flashlights. I quickly put away the fishing poles and hid in the bushes. I asked Master to protect me and to not let them find me. Even though the police officers' flashlights shined across my face several times, they didn't see me.

After the police left, I went out and continued to post truth-clarification messages on my way home. I also hung a yellow banner with red characters saying "Falun Dafa Is Good" on the electric wires outside a school. I noticed a police car not far from me, so I sent forth righteous thoughts and recited "What's to Fear?" I asked Master to strengthen me. I finished what I set out to do and came home safely.

Along that road, the messages of truth shone brilliantly in the sun.

Traveling Over the Mountains to Save People

I often take the bus with other practitioners to the countryside, and walk to those remote villages to distribute copies of the Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party and truth-clarification brochures. We clarify the facts to the villagers and try to persuade them to withdraw from the Communist regime. We posted truth-clarification messages and hung banners on the stones, telegraph poles, or the culverts along the road. Several years have passed, and some of those messages are still there; visitors take pictures of them. Sometimes if I see a flat rock on the top of a hill, I will climb up the hill by holding onto tree branches and bushes and spray paint truth-clarification messages that can be seen from a distance. Sometimes while coming back down, I've fallen and rolled downhill. Once, just as it was getting dark, I saw a telegraph pole along the road where I wanted to hang a banner. Someone suddenly came, and I lay in the ditch alongside the road and stayed very still. My feet slid into the water in the ditch. After the person left, I stood up and continued to hang the banner.

While I am walking, I tell all the flowers and trees, "Falun Dafa is good." We are rarely chased by dogs. Once when we were lost while distributing truth-clarification fliers at night, a dog guided us out.

Some villagers have understood the truth and agreed to quit the Communist regime. Some told us they hadn't joined the Communist Party or any of its affiliated organizations. Sadly, some had been poisoned by the Party's slander, would not listen to us, turned their dogs out to bite us, and even threatened to report us to the police. One time, just after we went on a side path to climb back up the mountain, a police car passed by on the main road with its siren going. However, nothing can stop us from saving sentient beings.

Maintaining a Human or Divine Thought Makes all the Difference

I get up at 3:30 every morning to do the exercises. After sending forth righteous thoughts at six, I begin to study the Fa. I study at least two lectures of Zhuan Falun everyday.

At one point, we were reported to the police while posting truth-clarification messages in the countryside. Someone used a farm vehicle to chase after us. I was very nervous and was struck by the vehicle. One side of my face was injured and I bled profusely. I realized that I still had fear and my righteous thoughts were not strong enough. After I found my attachments, my face very quickly stopped bleeding. Another time when I was focused on writing truth-clarification messages along the road, I didn't notice that there was a deep ditch next to where I was walking, and I fell into it. I lay in bed for two days. I listened to the Fa and sent forth righteous thoughts, and I recovered very soon.

Once after I wrote truth-clarification messages on the wall of the old police station, I fell down. On the way home, I kept sending forth righteous thoughts. The next day, my thigh swelled up and turned black and blue. It was so swollen that I even had trouble wearing pants. My daughter and son-in-law were worried about me and asked me to go to the hospital. I told them I didn't need medical treatment and my leg would recover very soon. My son-in-law said, "Falun Gong is so magical." Two days later, the swelling went away. It never occurred to me to think that I might have broken a bone. I only thought, "I am here to validate the Fa!"

When I was young, I had a lot of health problems. But then I obtained the Fa and, thus, as I grew older, I became healthier and healthier. I only think about saving sentient beings. I have experienced much joy and happiness, despite all the difficulties. Assisting Master in Fa-rectification, I'm becoming younger and younger, and happier and happier!

Thank you, Master!