Name: Cheng Quanying(程全英)
Age: Unknown
Address: Taigu County, Shanxi Province
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: August 2010
Most recent place of detention:
Shanxi Women's Prison (山西女子监狱)
City: Jinzhong
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, home ransacked, forced labor, interrogation, illegal sentencing, force-feedings, imprisonment, extortion

( Ms. Cheng Quanying was illegally arrested by the local police in 2007 because she talked to people about Falun Gong. She was sentenced to six years in prison and detained in the Shanxi Women's Prison. In prison, she became critically ill as a result of torture. She was released on bail for medical treatment in 2009. In August 2010, Ms. Cheng was taken to the prison again. Currently, her blood pressure is very high and she is in critical condition. Her family is very worried about her.

On October 12, 2007, Ms. Cheng was reported to the police for talking to people about Falun Gong in Caozhuang Village, Taigu County. She was taken away by the local police. At 7 p.m., Li Baoming, deputy director of the Taigu Police Department; Zhang Xiaohong, chief of the Domestic Security Team; and other five or six police officers broke into Ms. Cheng's home and ransacked it. She was taken to the Jinzhong Detention Center. On December 30, 2007, she was transferred to the Taigu Detention Center. In March 2008, the Taigu Court sentenced her to six years in prison. She appealed to the Intermediate Court. Several month later, the Jinzhong Intermediate Court rejected her appeal and upheld the original sentence. During that time, Ms. Cheng went on a protest hunger strike for 15 days in the detention center. The guards tried to brutally forced-feed her. One guard held her head, two guards held her arms, and four guards sat on her legs. However, they still did not succeed.

Around June 2, 2008, Ms. Cheng was taken to the Shanxi Women's Prison. She got up at about 5 a.m. and went to work at 6 a.m. every day. She was only allowed half a day's rest every week. She soon developed symptoms of hypertension.

In 2009, the instructor of the Fourth Division informed Ms. Cheng's family that her blood pressure was up to 220, which signals the third stage of hypertension. According to regulations, that could qualify her for release on bail for medical treatment. Instructor Wang Jun extorted 1,000 yuan from her family, saying it was an "appraisal fee" charged by the judicial bureau. Later on, the Prison Administration Bureau approved a six-month bail term. On December 9, 2009, the prison sent Ms. Cheng back to the Chengguan Police Station in Taigu.

In April 2010, officers from the Shanxi Women's Prison and the Chengguan Police Station harassed Ms. Cheng. She tried to hide from them. On August 2, 2010, Ms. Cheng was taken away from the apartment she rented in Wenshui by Zhang Yuanjun and other policemen. That very day she was sent to the Shanxi Women's Prison. When she arrived, her blood pressure was 220/110. On August 25, 2010, Ms. Cheng started a hunger strike. On September 5, 2010, instructor Wang Jun called her family and asked them to persuade Ms. Cheng to eat. Her family refused. Then the prison asked Ms. Cheng's family to sign the Health Condition Notification. Her family would not cooperate with the prison. On September 7, her family went to the prison to ask about her. They were told that Ms. Cheng had been transferred to the Eighth Division.

Eighth Division of the Shanxi Women's Prison: 86-354-3299975
Gao Erdong, chief of the Chengguan Police Station: 86-13834836996 (Cell)

Related article:

Chinese version available at