Name: Wei Anzhen (魏案珍)
Gender: Female
Age: 62
Address: Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province
Occupation: Former employee of the supply and marketing corporation in Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province

Date of Most Recent Arrest: September 24, 2010
Most Recent Place of Detention: Nanchang Forced Labor Camp (南昌劳教所)
City: Nanchang
Province: Jiangxi
Persecution Suffered: Detention, imprisonment, Electric shocks, sleep deprivation, forced labor, brainwashing, beatings, hung up, solitary confinement, torture, physical restraint, denial of restroom use

( Ms. Wei Anzhen from Ruichang City, Jiangxi Province, was followed and illegally arrested by police officers at around 8:30 a.m. on September 24, 2010, while she distributed truth-clarification materials about Falun Gong under the bridge of the railway at Rangxi Road. She was detained and tortured for seven days at the Wanbaoshan Detention Center in Ruichang City. Subsequently, she was given two years of forced labor by officials from the Ruichang 610 office and the National Security Division. On October 1, 2010, she was sent to the Nanchang Forced Labor Camp.

She had been imprisoned for two years at Majialong Labor Camp in Jiujiang city starting April of 2001.

Ms. Wei started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Ging for the second time on December 30, 2000. Police officer Xu Menglin and others from the Yicheng branch of the Public Security Bureau in Ruichang City went to Beijing and arrested her. They handcuffed her to the heating pipe in the police station for 29 hours without giving her anything to eat or drink. They also did not allow her to use the toilet.

She was taken to Ruichang Detention Center on January 9, 2001, and held in the No. 14 cell. Two other practitioners, Wang Jing and Zhu Ruixia, were in the same cell. They wrote "Falun Dafa is good!" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good!" on the wall. As a result, Gao Fengjin beat Ms. Wei with a triangular-shaped stick until she had wounds all over her body. Guard Liu slapped Zhu Ruixia in the face. Wang Jing went on a hunger strike to protest against the persecution. Consequently, director Chen and three other guards ordered five criminal detainees to forcefully hold her down on a bed and injected her with drugs. When Ms. Wei condemned their actions, Chen kicked her.

After being detained at this detention center for 84 days, Ms. Wei was transferred to the Majialong Forced Labor Camp in Jiujiang City by officers Feng Wenhui and Lang Yabing from Ruichang National Security Division. She was imprisoned there for two years.

At the labor camp, criminal inmates were incited by guards to abuse and humiliate Ms. Wei every day. The guards also set up nine solitary confinement cells and a room next to the shower space designated specifically for torturing Falun Gong practitioners in the second buliding of the No.4 Division.

In May 2002, Ms. Wei was forced into this torture room, where there was a bed five feet long and two feet wide with a wooden head board and a round hole in the middle. At each side of the bed were two iron rings for affixing the hands and feet of Falun Gong practitioners. The hole in the middle was for urination and bowel movement when practitioners were tied up for a long time. The bed had remains of feces and was very smelly. Two sets of handcuffs were hanging on the windows.

Ms. Wei was monitored in this room by three female criminal inmates, who took turns to watch her. At night, she was forced to stand the whole night with her back straight against the wall. During the day, she was forced to watch videos that slandered Falun Gong. This torture lasted for three days and nights.

After being detained in the torture room for 12 days, Ms. Wei was placed in solitary confinement. The cell was extremely small, about four square meters, and very dark--one could not see any light.

One day in November 2002, guards Song Wengang (an instructor), Xi Hui (a director) and Chen Shili (from Henglishan Village, Ruichang City) forced Ms. Wei to wear a prison uniform and an inmate card. They then attempted to force her to write aguarantee statement promising not to practice Falun Gong. When she refused, Song said: "If you don't write the statement, we will hang you up. No other options." The guards then ordered three inmates to hang her up on an iron bunk bed with arms stretched widely. They did not even let her down to use the restroom. Instead, they told her to stand on a high stool and put a bucket underneath her. Because both of her arms were handcuffed above her head, when the inmates untied her pants, they forcefully dragged her down. As a result, the handcuffs cut into her flesh, causing her to start sweating from the pain and black out. She was hung up for over 30 hours. Her hands and wrists were very swollen and numb. The swelling did not go down for one month afterward and her hands remained numb even half a year later. She is still not fully recovered from the torture.

Parties involved in the persecution:

Zhou Zuolin, the head of Ruichang City's 610 office and vice director of the Public Security Bureau: 86-13507923408 (cell)
Fan Kang, director of the National Security Division of the Ruichang City's Public Security Bureau: 86-13807922408 (cell)