Name: Zou Ruihuan (邹瑞环)
Gender: Female
Age: 77
Address: Songshan District, Chifeng City, Inner-Mongolia Autonomous Region
Occupation: Unknown
Date of Death: October 26, 2009
Date of Most Recent Arrest: October 30, 2001
Most Recent Place of Detention: Hongshan District Police Department in Chifeng City (赤峰市红山区公安局)
City: Chifeng
Province: Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Persecution Suffered: Extortion, home ransacked, interrogation, detention

( (By a correspondent from Inner Mongolia) Ms. Zou Ruihuan's family of nine have firmly persisted in practicing Falun Dafa, following the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. The local 610 Office and police have arrested all nine of them many times. Every time the family is arrested they are taken into custody for at least two days. Family members have been sent to forced labor camp, or imprisoned for several years. In 2001, five members of the family were detained at the same time. Ms. Zou's husband Mr. Zhao Dianbin has been detained twice and tortured, and died in March 2007 (See Their home has been ransacked countless times. In addition, the family has had several tens of thousands of yuan extorted from them by the authorities.

Ms. Zou Ruihuan

Intensified Persecution during the CCP's Sixty-year Anniversary

On May 6, 2009, a group of police officers went to Ms. Zou Ruihuan's home, while another group went to her son Mr. Zhao Honghai's store. Ms. Zou was at home with two elderly people in their eighties. They watched helplessly as the officers began ransacking the home and taking anything they wanted. The police came back in the afternoon and took away her computer.

In the store, the police arrested Mr. Zhao, his wife Ms. Ren Guihai, and his sister Zhao Shulan. They seized Falun Dafa books and the store's computers. As soon as the family members were taken to the Hongshan District Police Department, the officers issued a forced labor notification to Mr. Zhao and transferred him to the Wuyuan Forced Labor Camp in Inner Mongolia. However, the labor camp administration rejected Mr. Zhao because of his health condition. After several failed attempts to have him admitted to the camp, the officers finally released Mr. Zhao after they extorted money from his family.

Officers from the Hongshan District also went to Ms. Zhao Shulan's home in the Yuanbaoshan District. They seized Falun Dafa books and her computer, then detained her at the Yuanbaoshan District Detention Center. The guards there slapped her face, tortured her, and forced her to say things against her will. A four-centimeter long scar was left on her face after guard Bai Jie kicked her and her face hit the window. Bai Jie then subjected Ms. Zhao to the "stretching bed" ( for two entire days. Ms. Zhao was released after two months of detention. The guards took her 2,000 yuan in cash from her purse and said that they used it for liquor.

Frightened and anxious, Ms. Zou fell sick for several days after her son and daughter's arrest. After recovering, she went to live with her younger son in the Dongan community in the Hongshan District. Staff members from the residential committee harassed her at home, searching every room in her house, including the bathroom. Ms. Zou fell sick again after that.

On October 1, officers went to Mr. Zhao Honghai's home to harass the family. Two women from the residential committee went to Ms. Zou's younger son's home and damaged his door, demanding that they open the door. When the family refused to open the door, the two women kept quarreling with them. Ms. Zou's health deteriorated again after this incident. On October 23, agents from the Yuanbaoshan District 610 Office and Education Council forced Ms. Zhao Shulan to slander Dafa against her will. On October 26, Ms. Zou Ruihuan passed away, unable to recover from the constant pressure of the persecution.

An Entire Family Suffered Persecution

Ms. Zou Ruihuan's husband, Mr. Zhao Dianping, obtained a copy of Zhuan Falun by chance in 1996. The whole family started practicing Falun Dafa afterwards. Ms. Zou experienced the happiest time in her life when the family practiced Dafa together. After practicing Falun Dafa, Mr. Zhao had all of his diseases disappear and he became stronger. He had a ruddy complexion and his gray hair turned black. He no longer spent money on medicine, and he often rode his bike to go shopping.

In July 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners. Ms. Zou went to Beijing twice to appeal for the right to practice Falun Dafa. She was arrested and detained at the Cifeng City Detention Center. While detained there, the guards slapped her face.

The Hongshan District Police Department in Cifeng City soon began persecuting Ms. Zou and her whole family. The family was subjected to illegal detention, torture, fines, and family members were framed. On October 30, 2000, officers raided Ms. Zou's home twice and arrested her, her husband Mr. Zhao Dianbing, her son Mr. Zhao Hongyang, her daughter-in-law Ms. Zhao Chunfeng, and tortured them. Officer Yang Liping and another officer subjected Mr. Zhao Dianbing to electric shocks and brutal beating. They handcuffed him and tightened the handcuffs until Mr. Zhao lost consciousness. While he was unconscious, they placed his fingerprint on a faked confession. They then used the "confession" to create a false case against his daughter Ms. Zhao Shuzheng, who was working in Beijing. They used it to accuse her of posting Falun Dafa posters around Cifeng City on October 15.

The authorities claimed that Ms. Zhao Shuzheng was the organizer of the "October 15 poster incident." They dispatched officers to Beijing to arrest Ms. Zhao, claiming that they had solved a major case. Reporters from TV stations broadcast the case on the Inner Mongolia TV Station with pictures of her whole family and information about her relatives. Ms. Zhao did not give in. The Hongshan District Court sentenced her to three years in prison. She is currently imprisoned at the Inner Mongolia No. 1 Women's Prison in Hohhot.

One day in 2005, without warning, the authorities in Hongshan District searched the home of Mr. Zhao Honghai, Ms. Zou's son. They seized Ms. Zou's Falun Dafa tapes. In October 2006, agents searched Ms. Zou's home again. Ying Shouming, an officer from the Tienan Police Station in the Hongshan District, Xu Caiyun from the residential committee, Ma and Zou Jinglin from the neighborhood office, as well as other CCP agents frequently harassed Ms. Zou at home with the intention of driving her out of the neighborhood. They went to her home anytime of the day or night, pounding on her door and shouting. All the neighbors were frightened by them.

Meng Fanyou, secretary of the Cifeng City Political and Judiciary committee: 86-476-8337350 (Office), 86-15394762666 (Cell)
Dong Qifu, director of the Cifeng City Police Department: 86-476-8333152 (Office), 86-13304761958 (Cell)
Dai Yingtang, director of the Hongshan District Police Department: 86-476-8334766 (Office), 86-476-8256988 (Home), 86-13304766677 (Cell)
Luo Jingfa, political commissar of the Hongshan District Police Department: 86-476-8344588 (Office), 86-13804763451 (Cell)
Zhang Daihe, chief of the Domestic Security Division: 86-476-8365260 (Office)

Written on December 19, 2009