Additional Persecution News from China - January 4, 2010 (16 Reports)
(Clearwisdom.net) Today's News from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 10 cities or counties in six provinces. In this report, nine Falun Gong practitioners were subjected to mistreatment during their detention and at least 11 practitioners were illegally arrested.
- [Tianjin] Ms. Dong Guiying Dies As a Result of Persecution
- [Dezhou, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Huilan Arrested and Released
- [Tianjin] Three Practitioners Given Prison Terms; One Subjected to Forced Labor
- [Tianjin] Ms. Liu Aiqing Still in Prison
- [Shandong Province] The Persecution of Practitioners in Qixia
- [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Su Dong'an Persecuted
- [Beijing] Ms. Wang Yuxiang Persecuted
- [Cangxi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. He Yonglie Arrested
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Mr. Song Yusheng Arrested
- [Tianjin] Ms. Zhou Xiaoyan Arrested
- [Chongqing] Ms. Li Yuting Subjected to Two Years of Forced Labor
- [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cui Xianling Arrested
- [Kunming, Yunnan Province] Ms. Geng Shuyan Taken to the Xishan District Detention Center
- [Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Liu Ping Arrested around December 20, 2009
- [Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province] Ms .Wei Shuzhen Arrested Last September
- [Beijing] Practitioners Arrested in the Chaoyang District Prior to the 2008 Olympics
1. [Tianjin] Ms. Dong Guiying Dies As a Result of Persecution
Ms. Dong Guiying from the Dongli District was arrested and had her home ransacked numerous times since 1999. While she was incarcerated in 2002 in the Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp in Tianjin, the camp authorities forced her to work in the daytime and deprived her of sleep at night. As a result she was extremely weak and had an unbearable pain in her abdomen, which was later diagnosed as cancer.
Officers from the Dongli District Police Department, from the 610 Office, from the Domestic Security Division, and from the Zhangguizhuang Police Station never stopped persecuting Ms. Dong. She died on November 17, 2009.
2. [Dezhou, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Huilan Arrested and Released
Ms. Liu Huilan, 47, from Ling County, unaware of his profession, spoke with a plainclothes agent about Falun Gong and the persecution on the morning of December 30, 2009. When she saw this person take out his cell phone to make a phone call while listening to her, she wisely walked away.
On her way home at 2:00 p.m. the following afternoon, December 31, 2009, when she saw that plainclothes agent surveying goings-on at an intersection, she immediately rode her bicycle in the opposite direction to her home. Unfortunately, a police vehicle followed her. Four police officers pushed her into the vehicle and drove her to the Ling County Police Department. Ms. Liu suffered two heart attacks during an interrogation. Her husband arrived and took her home at 4:55 p.m.
3. [Tianjin] Three Practitioners Given Prison Terms; One Subjected to Forced Labor
Ms. Qiao Shumin and Ms. Chen Errong from the Hedong District were each sentenced to three years in prison. Ms. Wang Shulan from the Hexi District was given a four-year prison term. All three practitioners are in the Lingzhuanzi Women's Prison.
Ms. Chen Xiaorong from the Hedong District was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor and is now in the Banqiao Women's Forced Labor Camp.
4. [Tianjin] Ms. Liu Aiqing Still in Prison
Ms. Liu Aiqing from Tianjin is still in the Lingzhuangzi Womens' Prison No. 3 Ward. She has blurred vision and a constant headache.
5. [Shandong Province] The Persecution of Practitioners in Qixia
Ms. Yu Meiling and Ms. Liu Cuihua were reported as they spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution in Pengjiazhuang, Guanli Town, on December 27, 2009. Police officer Lin Ying and others took them into custody at the Guanli Town Police Station at around 4:00 p.m. The two practitioners were able to escape the station around 7:00 p.m. with the power of their righteous thoughts.
Cuiping Police Station officers broke into practitioners' homes in Shangliujia on December 28, 2009, confiscating Falun Gong books, printers, and computers.
6. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Mr. Su Dong'an Persecuted
Xu Yongqin and others from the Heping Police Department's Domestic Security Division took Mr. Su Dong'an into custody on December 30, 2009. The police issued an arrest warrant that same evening and notified his family. It was learned that officials from the Domestic Security Division and from the Heping District Procuratorate had planned this arrest for a long time. They intend to prosecute Mr. Su.
Heping Police Department Domestic Security Division:
Domestic Security Office: 86-24-23864045
7. [Beijing] Ms. Wang Yuxiang Persecuted
Ms. Wang Yuxiang from the Changping District is an employee of the Beiqi Foton Motor Co. Ltd. Local police ransacked her home twice on December 2, 2009. Her husband, who works in the same company, was fired from his job. Her employer was also implicated and removed from his office.
8. [Cangxi County, Sichuan Province] Mr. He Yonglie Arrested
Mr. He Yonglie from Chuanhe Village in the Shanchuan District was arrested at home in mid-December 2009. Officers from the Longwang Police Station made the arrest. Mr. He was later transferred to the Lizhou District Detention Center in Guangyuan City. When his family delivered clothes for him, the police officials attempted to extort 60,000 yuan from them and declared they wouldn't release Mr. He if his family doesn't pay the money.
Zhao, Cangxi County Longwang Police Station: 86-839-5662600
Xie, Guangyuan City Lizhou District Detention Center: 86-839-5207777
9. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Mr. Song Yusheng Arrested
Mr. Song Yusheng, 59, from Donglu Village, Tianheng Town, Jimo City, was reported as he spoke with people about Falun Gong and the persecution on January 1, 2010. Tianheng Town Police Station officers took him into custody that same day. He is now in the Jimo City Detention Center.
Han Fangtun, Tianheng Town Police Station chief: 86-532-85561007 (Office), 86-532-88587076 (Home), 86-13806427076 (Cell)
10. [Tianjin] Ms. Zhou Xiaoyan Arrested
Ms. Zhou Xiaoyan was arrested on December 29, 2009. She is currently in the Hexi Police Department Detention Center
11. [Chongqing] Ms. Li Yuting Subjected to Two Years of Forced Labor
Ms. Li Yuting from Rongchang County was arrested on December 14, 2009. Following 12 days at the Rongchang Detention Center, she was taken to the Shapu Women's Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing on December 26, 2009, to be held for two years.
12. [Wendeng City, Shandong Province] Ms. Cui Xianling Arrested
Ms. Cui Xianling from Cuijia Village, Houjia Town, was arrested on December 22, 2009. Participating in the arrest were two agents from the Wendeng City Police Department's Domestic Security Division and two officers from the Houjia Town Police Station. Ms .Cui is now in the Wendeng City Detention Center.
13. [Kunming, Yunnan Province] Ms. Geng Shuyan Taken to the Xishan District Detention Center
Ms. Geng Shuyan and two other practitioners from Yunnan Province went to the Wuhua Mountain area and the Wuhua District Government in Kunming City on the morning of January 1, 2010. They intended to distribute information about the Spanish court's indictment of Jiang Zemin and four other high-ranking Chinese Communist regime officials. Qiu Xueyan and others from the Xishan District Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Geng that same day at noon. Domestic Security Division officials released the two practitioners that same night but will transfer Ms. Geng to the Xishan District Detention Center.
Xishan District Police Department: 86-871-8181929
Xishan District National Security Division: 86-871-8100483
14. [Xinjiang Autonomous Region] Ms. Liu Ping Arrested around December 20, 2009
15. [Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province] Ms .Wei Shuzhen Arrested Last September
Ms. Wei Shuzhen, 65, lives in the Xingfu Lane Residential Area in Nandaihe. Funing County Domestic Security Division agent Song Zemin and other agents arrested Ms. Wei and ransacked her home on the evening of September 23, 2009. She was taken to the Qinglong County Detention Center.
16. [Beijing] Practitioners Arrested in the Chaoyang District Prior to the 2008 Olympics
Eleven practitioners in the Guanzhuang area in the Chaoyang District were arrested prior to the Olympics. Of those, Ms. Feng Ping was transferred to a forced labor camp in Wuhan, Hubei Province, and Ms. Guo Li was sent to a forced labor camp in Taiyuan, Shanxi Province. Ms. Jin Yulan returned home several days ago. (No information about the other eight is presently available)
January 3, 2010